Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #261
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,567

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So you were an eye witness.
    So now you are saying the Defense is lying, too? You believe the Prosecution is lying, of course - but now the Defense is lying, too? Because the Defense argued that the SUV left to get rid of the weapon. Now they didn't?

    Is anybody telling the truth in this trial?

    Gosh darn it, I'll bet they wish they'd had you there, to tell them where to squat and lean. Quite honestly, it's a miracle they were able tie their shoes in the morning without you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  2. #262
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Those are a lot of general statements, but fair enough IMO.
    Of course they are, as I know of no studies done specifically about white folks.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And if someone wants to make a general case about occasional or frequent abuses by prosecutors, I'm not going to disagree,
    I wouldn't disagree either. It happens.
    The Law books are replete with examples of Prosecutorial misconduct/shenanigans that they get away with it.
    Like I said. The deck is stacked against a person, even more so once convicted.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    but from getting stopped by police, then potentially going in front of a prosecutor who decides whether to press charges, and if charged in front of a judge and jury, I would rather be a white male than any other possible demographic in the U.S. in every single step of that process.
    Well you are skipping a lot of detail and steps there.
    You simply don't get pulled over and then prosecuted. (And as previously noted, once you are charged the deck is stacked against the person regardless of color.)
    And most stops result in what? Nothing happening because the person knows how to properly conduct their self?
    While those who don't, seem to cause their own problems regardless of color. You know, like those on Youtube who don't like those boarder patrol checkpoints.
    So while there is always the exception to the rule, and while you may prefer to be white in certain circumstances, it has more to do how a person conducts their self in such situations.

    As for the exceptions...
    If one wishes to focuses on the exceptions they will see what they want to see, that is their problem, as they do not represent the system as a whole.
    Now I am not saying that the actions of LE in those exceptions were correct, but many of those exceptions are fueled by the persons conduct to start with.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And Crue Cab made this explicitly about race, and I was responding to his very SPECIFIC claim, not the more general claim you're presenting - this statement, "Shoot a black person as a white person your odds of claiming SD and prevailing are zero."
    And? I didn't make comment to that.
    I commented on your specific and statement of:
    There is simply no evidence that white men in America are getting railroaded in any way by the justice system.
    Which is false on it surface because there is evidence that white men are railroaded.
    Like I said, the Innocence Project it's self disproves your assertion.

    So again.
    It isn't that someone is out to railroad anybody, it is the nature of the system.
    Once a person is accused, the deck is stacked against them. No matter their race.



    I also noticed that you hadn't responded to the following.
    Is that because you were only seeing what you wanted to in those numbers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    That's true, but misses the underlying pattern:

    White on white - 2,614
    White on black - 193
    Black on black - 2,412
    Black on white - 431

    Mostly, whites kill other whites and blacks kill other blacks.

    Which misses the other underlying pattern.
    Demographics.
    Whites = 223,553,265 or 72.4 % of the population.
    African Americans = 38,929,319 or 12.6 % of the population.
    Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Percentages of their respective population is the real indicator.

    By respective percentages of population, Blacks on a whole engage in such activity far more (multiple times more) than whites do.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    So now you are saying the Defense is lying, too? You believe the Prosecution is lying, of course - but now the Defense is lying, too? Because the Defense argued that the SUV left to get rid of the weapon. Now they didn't?

    Is anybody telling the truth in this trial?

    Gosh darn it, I'll bet they wish they'd had you there, to tell them where to squat and lean. Quite honestly, it's a miracle they were able tie their shoes in the morning without you.
    I think they are telling their versions of the truth.

  4. #264
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    He already had over 60 years (minimum) coming on the prior convictions. It is nice to know that one cannot be preemptively executed because someone thinks that they might have had a gun.
    I personally do not think he ever thought the kid had a gun. He never mentioned it once when he was first interrogated by police after fleeing 200 miles. He only claims he saw a gun at trial, possibly at the advice of his attorney but I have no way of knowing for sure.

    He'd been drinking hard liquor all afternoon. He pulled into a gas station/convenience store to get some more alcohol. Another vehicle was parked next to him playing loud rap music. He hates rap music according to the sworn testimony of his girlfriend. He asked the occupants to turn it down. They initially did but one of the occupants in a conversation with another occupant told him to turn it back up calling Mr. Dunn disrespectful words to each other but never directly addressing Mr. Dunn. Mr. Dunn overhears it and initiates another conversation with the occupants asking "Are you talking about me?" It was at that time the victim verbally replied with more disrespectful language. Mr. Dunn reacted by executing the teen and attempting to execute every teen in the vehicle with about a dozen shots fired into the vehicle mostly from almost point blank range but paused as the car attempted to speed out of harms way then continued firing more rounds.

    Mr. Dunn then drives off saying he never contacted police or an ambulance because he honestly didn't think anybody was hit by one of his dozen bullets fired at point blank range. The next morning when he heard on the news that he'd kill someone he decided to just go home traveling almost 200 miles away. He says It was because he preferred talking with his home town police because of his standing in the community there. However he never contacted police himself; unknown to him his license plate and make and model was documented and police contacted him.
    Last edited by Smeagol; 10-03-14 at 12:58 PM.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  5. #265
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I personally do not think he ever thought the kid had a gun. He never mentioned it once when he was first interrogated by people after fleeing 200 miles. He only mentioned he said he saw a gun at trial, possibly at the advice of his attorney but I have no way of knowing for sure.
    Wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    He'd been drinking hard liquor all afternoon.
    Wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Mr. Dunn reacted by executing the teen and attempting to execute every teen in the vehicle
    Exaggerated nonsense.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #266
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong.
    I stand corrected. He never claimed he saw a gun to his girlfriend, not investigators. Thank you.

    Wrong.

    Michael Dunn and his live-in girlfriend Rhonda Rouer parked next to the SUV. The two had just attended the wedding reception of Dunn's son. Rouer told police that Dunn had three rum drinks before driving. Dunn and Rouer were driving back to their hotel nearby when they stopped at the GATE for wine
    .

    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/...trial/4803135/


    Exaggerated nonsense.
    According to the jury.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  7. #267
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Rouer told police that Dunn had three rum drinks before driving. Dunn and Rouer were driving back to their hotel nearby when they stopped at the GATE for wine[/I].
    And what she was probably saying was: "three that I personally saw". Even though there are indications that Roeur had gotten tired of Dunn (Dunn evidently had a habit of causing peole to get tired of him), she was probably not going out of her way to testify against her boyfriend either.

    In short, I bet Dunn was not only a bully by nature and not only armed, but he was also drunk and.... had been "diss'ed"- maybe even where his chick could see it.

    That is a bad combination- does not matter whether the person in question is a upper middle class software developer, or an inner city / barrio twenty something year old.

  8. #268
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,681

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    As that didn't happen, you are the only one to blame for not being specific and making false statements.
    Right: it didn't happen that you kept up with the conversation. What DID happen is that you thought you found some sort of hole that you could use to try and make wrong.

    (chuckle)
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  9. #269
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I stand corrected. He never claimed he saw a gun to his girlfriend, not investigators. Thank you.
    Wrong again.
    He says he told her. She doesn't remember being told.
    And we saw how fragile she was on the stand. She isn't of sound mind.
    Her not remembering means diddly squat.


    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Michael Dunn and his live-in girlfriend Rhonda Rouer parked next to the SUV. The two had just attended the wedding reception of Dunn's son. Rouer told police that Dunn had three rum drinks before driving. Dunn and Rouer were driving back to their hotel nearby when they stopped at the GATE for wine.
    Dunn Trial: What you need to know



    Three small weak mixed drinks, is not the same as "drinking hard liquor all afternoon" as you initially claimed.
    There is a difference.

    And the wine was for her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    According to the jury.

    No, that isn't according to the jury.
    That is you making things up based off of a jury's legal determination.
    The evidence says that Dunn reacted to a threat against this life.
    Even claiming he was attempting to execute every teen in the vehicle is bs. As he was firing at the threat, Davis. Not Davis's friends.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-03-14 at 01:51 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #270
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Right: it didn't happen that you kept up with the conversation. What DID happen is that you thought you found some sort of hole that you could use to try and make wrong.

    (chuckle)
    You keep digging yourself even further. Figures.
    What do you not understand about "for clarification purposes"?
    So keep digging.

    Here is that original false statement again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    The jury decided on his guilt. A judge can't do that in a trial.
    You are wrong because a Judge can do that during a trial.
    So keep digging.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •