Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 610

Thread: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial[W:292]

  1. #171
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Shoot a black person. Tell me how innocent you will be treated, unless you prove your innocence in court. Then you are still guilty in the worlds court of opinion anyway and your life is over.
    If that black person was unarmed, your life SHOULD be over.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #172
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    If that black person was unarmed, your life SHOULD be over.
    I shot an unarmed black 18 year old

    he and his partner jumped me in alley and one tried to choke me and the other hit me in the face, breaking my nose before I shot one of them. Under the law of the state, I had an absolute right to use deadly force to prevent a violent criminal assault upon my person. So tell me again why my life should have been over.



  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,859

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Shoot an UNARMED black person. Tell me how innocent you will be treated, unless you prove your innocence in court. Then you are still guilty in the worlds court of opinion anyway and your life is over.
    I added an important detail about the recent cases in the news.

  4. #174
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,713

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I had not heard that the suv was in motion. Who's testimony is that?
    They tried to leave when Dunn was firing into the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  5. #175
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    (chuckle)

    man

    ESP.... (The nonsense of the right-wing is just astounding)
    So making an example of mind reading is now right wing?

    The Appeal to Ridicule is a fallacy in which ridicule or mockery is substituted for evidence in an "argument."

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    The law ought reflect that a person must show cause in order for concealed carry.
    Cause = Self defence. That was easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Tha'ts how it used to be in California at least. I think it should be that way all over the US. But of course the gun nuts have seen to that, and as a result Dunn killed an unarmed kid who was playing his music too loud.
    Yes because the police who supposedly have training never... Oh wait. The rare occurrence, and it is very rare that a CCW carrier commits a crime let alone a murder does not support the stripping of a right.

    Lets look at the facts rather than an emotional appeal fallacy...

    Fact: Gun homicides were 10% higher in states with restrictive CCW laws, according to a study spanning 1980-2009

    Fact: In Texas, citizens with concealed carry permits are 14 times less likely to commit a crime. They are also five times less likely to commit a violent crime.

    Fact: People with concealed carry permits are:

    5.7 times less likely to be arrested for violent offenses than the general public
    13.5 times less likely to be arrested for non-violent offenses than the general public

    Concealed Carry Laws Increase Crime

    Myth: Concealed carry laws increase crime

    Fact: Thirty-nine states, comprising the majority of the American population, are”right-to-carry” states. Statistics show that in these states the crime rate fell (or did not rise) after the right-to-carry law became active (as of July, 2006). Nine states restrict the right to carry and two deny it outright.
    Fact: Crime rates involving gun owners with carry permits have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988.
    Fact: After passing their concealed carry law, Florida’s homicide rate fell from 36% above the national average to 4% below, and remains below the national average (as of the last reporting period, 2005).
    Fact: In Texas, murder rates fell 50% faster than the national average in the year after their concealed carry law passed. Rape rates fell 93% faster in the first year after enactment, and 500% faster in the second. Assaults fell 250% faster in the second year.
    Fact: More to the point, crime is significantly higher in states without right-to-carry laws
    Fact: States that disallow concealed carry have violent crime rates 11% higher than national averages.
    Fact: Deaths and injuries from mass public shootings fall dramatically after right-to-carry concealed handgun laws are enacted. Between 1977 and 1995, the average death rate from mass shootings plummeted by up to 91% after such laws went into effect, and injuries dropped by over 80%.
    - Concealed Carry Laws Increase Crime | Hawaii Concealed Carry

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Ya'see; Dunn's right to carry superceded that boy's right right to live... I mean right?
    The Appeal to Ridicule is a fallacy in which ridicule or mockery is substituted for evidence in an "argument."

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    That's what the gun nuts think. And of course, as usual then - stupid is as stupid does.
    No. That is what people who don't know the statistics think. I guess "stupid is as stupid does." I mean it's not like you have a real argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #176
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I shot an unarmed black 18 year old

    he and his partner jumped me in alley and one tried to choke me and the other hit me in the face, breaking my nose before I shot one of them. Under the law of the state, I had an absolute right to use deadly force to prevent a violent criminal assault upon my person. So tell me again why my life should have been over.
    Technically, they were armed with their fists. LOL.

    But seriously, I think you get the point I made.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #177
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Technically, they were armed with their fists. LOL.

    But seriously, I think you get the point I made.
    if you said if YOU SHOOT AN UNARMED innocent person for illegal reasons-(his color doesn't matter) then yes your point would be right

    if you are in a gun fight and you miss your assailant and kill an innocent, you may well be sued but you aren't going to jail for life



  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Last Seen
    08-05-15 @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    460

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    If the kid who was killed was white, there would have been no national press coverage like there has been.

    Nobody would care.
    Thats the biggest crock of BS, I've heard in a very long time, Natalie Hollaway, Nicole Brown Simpson, Chandra Levy, Lacy Peterson..

    You Conservatives are a bunch of clowns, who are as dumb as the day is long, but go ahead and keep living in your fantasy land...

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    They tried to leave when Dunn was firing into the car.
    You were an eye witness?

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Michael Dunn found guilty of 1st-degree murder in loud-music trial

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I added an important detail about the recent cases in the news.
    Don't change my quotes. Very low brow. Trayvon was "unarmed" and got exactly what he deserved and was asking for.

Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •