Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 124

Thread: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

  1. #101
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Considering that a nutjob made it all the way to the East Room, before he was tackled by an off duty agent and an armed, convicted criminal was allowed into the same elevator car as the president, and no one was hurt, or killed...yes...it was luck.
    So what's your complaint. Is the SS a constant agency that has assets to protect regardless of party affiliation, or are you somehow blaming the Democratic Party for these incidents?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #102
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

    If she was my employee, with that record of near misses...she'd be fired.

    There were obvious gaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Considering that a nutjob made it all the way to the East Room, before he was tackled by an off duty agent and an armed, convicted criminal was allowed into the same elevator car as the president, and no one was hurt, or killed...yes...it was luck.
    So those 2 incidents plus the dozens of other incidents of intrusions that occurred in the last 6 years that were not reported in the mainstream media were all dealt with to keep O safe because of luck?

    You do realize that there were more intrusions that just those 2, right?

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    If she was my employee, with that record of near misses...she'd be fired.

    There were obvious gaps.
    She should only have been fired because she lied. As for her security abilities, she wasn't on the job long enough to arrive at an accurate assessment.

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

    Quote Originally Posted by USViking View Post
    I am not sure I would go that far.

    Under NK RE a trespasser would be dead before he got to the top of the WH fence.
    I might let him get as far as the WH front door. I might not, either. If he was wearing
    bulky clothing which might conceal an explosive device I would give the green light
    to take him out on the lawn.

    One thing we need more of are K9 assets- no trespasser would get anywhere near
    the WH with a few K9 unleashed against him.
    You're entitled to your opinion,

    but the security measures of an agency w/a 30 year track record of success are far more credible than the beliefs of an armchair Rambo.

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

    Questioning the competence of a security team w/a 30 yr. record of keeping their main man safe because of what appears to laymen as indifference based on 2 isolated incidents picked out by the media (among the 100s of others) is absurd, to say the least.

    But then again, it's not--as everyone knows, whenever some pathetic GOP pol exploits an event like this--one of many the media just chooses to expose--to score some cheap political points against his opponents, there's always an equally pathetic right winger around to jump and down like a trained monkey to regurgitate that pol's politically motivated rants, i. e.

    "Dey let an armed man near the President. HELL NO, fire the whole SS! Arm those guys w/RPGs and tanks! We gotta get out the marines!!"

    It's almost as stupid and pathetic as the cafe liberals who jump up and down wanting to ban all guns because of one or two incidents where some maniac guns down a school, neglecting the millions of other cases not reported by the major networks where guns were successfully used for self-defense.

    Only a fool judges a book by two of its pages.

  7. #107
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    She should only have been fired because she lied.
    What did she lie about?

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    As for her security abilities, she wasn't on the job long enough to arrive at an accurate assessment.
    What does this mean? Does she not have a 30 year old record at security?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  8. #108
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    So what's your complaint. Is the SS a constant agency that has assets to protect regardless of party affiliation, or are you somehow blaming the Democratic Party for these incidents?
    The blame obviously lies with the people who are charged with running the Secret Service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #109
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    She should only have been fired because she lied. As for her security abilities, she wasn't on the job long enough to arrive at an accurate assessment.
    She shoulda been fired because she's incompetant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #110
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,655

    Re: Secret Service Director Julia Pierson Resigns After Breaches

    We finally found a security matter that Obama will respond to swiftly: Himself.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •