Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

  1. #1
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Seen
    08-02-15 @ 07:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89

    Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

    u2hsN.Em.4.jpeg

    The pastor of Capital Christian Center in Sacramento California left his church Sunday to live on the streets until $300,000 is raised for the homeless.

    Pastor Rick is committed to making a difference in the lives of the homeless. He is choosing to live on the streets of Sacramento until the necessary amount of funds and awareness are available to provide a warm shelter and food during the winter months of 2014/15 for the homeless.

    The ultimate goal is to raise $300,000 for a faith-based program called Winter Sanctuary. The program houses hundreds of homeless people in churches from late November through March, when shelters typically fill up.

    ďPart of this effort I think is to humanize the person thatís on the street. Iím learning the stories of the people that Iím gonna be living next to in a way for a few days,Ē said Cole.


    VIDEO / Read More

    Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

  2. #2
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

    Mad respect, IF he's really living on the streets.

  3. #3
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Seen
    08-02-15 @ 07:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89

    Re: Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

    #revonthestreets

    Looks like he slept in an alley last night. If you go to link it seems to update daily. Bold really, looks like the Pastor is getting some pretty good donations.

    https://grouprev.com/revonthestreets
    Last edited by RLF; 09-30-14 at 11:03 PM.

  4. #4
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,824

    Re: Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

    Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    u2hsN.Em.4.jpeg

    The pastor of Capital Christian Center in Sacramento California left his church Sunday to live on the streets until $300,000 is raised for the homeless.

    Pastor Rick is committed to making a difference in the lives of the homeless. He is choosing to live on the streets of Sacramento until the necessary amount of funds and awareness are available to provide a warm shelter and food during the winter months of 2014/15 for the homeless.

    The ultimate goal is to raise $300,000 for a faith-based program called Winter Sanctuary. The program houses hundreds of homeless people in churches from late November through March, when shelters typically fill up.

    ďPart of this effort I think is to humanize the person thatís on the street. Iím learning the stories of the people that Iím gonna be living next to in a way for a few days,Ē said Cole.


    VIDEO / Read More

    Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised
    I wonder what Pastor Rick's annual salary is.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #5
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Seen
    08-02-15 @ 07:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89

    Re: Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

    Indeed risky considering the climate and dynamics of homelessness here. But I must give him credit considering how very few pastors speak out past the four walls of their church. Perhaps even applaud his courage.

  6. #6
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    I wonder what Pastor Rick's annual salary is.
    Rick Cole is taking new job at San Buenanventura Mission - VC-Star
    Under terms of his separation agreement, Cole will be placed on paid administrative leave through the end of the year, collecting the rest of his annual salary of roughly $174,000. He will have until Jan. 1, 2016, to repay at least $325,000 in housing assistance he received from the city when he was hired in 2004.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #7
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Seen
    08-02-15 @ 07:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89

    Re: Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

    Wrong Rick Cole ...

  8. #8
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

    Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    Wrong Rick Cole ...
    Dammit!!

    How many freakin Pastor Rick Coles are out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #9
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Pastor of Sacramento Capital Christian goes homeless until money is raised

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Dammit!!

    How many freakin Pastor Rick Coles are out there?

    Two that I know of.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •