Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 101

Thread: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

  1. #11
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    Relax, people. This one case is contained. Those that this person may have come in contact with are being tracked and being kept under medical surveillance.

    If you think this is a crisis, ask yourself one question: Have you gotten your flu shot this year?

    The flu kills 25,000+ in the USA every year.
    Apparently you didn't read this article.

    There is a real possibility that Ebola could mutate into a virus that is as spreadable as the flu, one of the nation’s top Ebola researchers tells Newsmax Health.

    “I don’t want to be an alarmist, but the possibility of Ebola becoming an airborne virus clearly has to be taken into account,” said David Sanders, associate professor of biological sciences at Purdue University.

    "Ebola does share some of the characteristics of airborne viruses like influenza and we should not disregard the possibility of it evolving into something that could be transmitted in this way,” added Sanders, whose work on Ebola led to his participation in the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency's Biological Weapons Proliferation Prevention Program.

    Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Ebola Could Mutate Into Airborne Virus: Top Researcher
    Ebola Could Mutate Into Airborne Virus: Top Researcher

    When will they come up with an ebola vaccine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  2. #12
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,132

    Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    A news conference was just held and again this is being downplayed. Virus's are serious business, no where near as easy to treat as bacteria. He made mention that if you just wash your hands you won't get it. Sigh.
    ebola-cleaning-hand-gel.jpg

    Problem solved.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  3. #13
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,968

    Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

    The industrial complex is getting creative with its scare tactics to get the public to give up their money to them. Ebola incubates for up to 21 days but it's only contagious through physical contact with bodily fluids, and people aren't contagious until they start to develop symptoms, i.e. when they are too sick to go anywhere.

    The whole thing about ebola "maybe" mutating into a flu-like pathogen is BS and there is no evidence to support that other than a "top researcher" who happens to be a pharmaceutical industry shill.

    The epidemic in Africa is mainly from people handling the sick and the dead without proper protection or quarantine procedures. There are also many cases of people recovering with supportive therapy, something the media never talks about. Pharmaceutical stocks are skyrocketing though.

    But by all means... may the fear be stoked! Flee for your lives! Teh ebolazzz iz a comin'!

  4. #14
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I read a article about a Nurse who contracted Ebola when she simply touched a ebola victims bare sking with her ungloved hand

    She ofcourse died.


    The fact this wound up in the US is more than alarming.
    Yeah, the real deal is happening about 70 miles from me. You can take my word that we in the medical community are a bit cautious about this, and imo, it should never have been made possible in the first place.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #15
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The industrial complex is getting creative with its scare tactics to get the public to give up their money to them. Ebola incubates for up to 21 days but it's only contagious through physical contact with bodily fluids, and people aren't contagious until they start to develop symptoms, i.e. when they are too sick to go anywhere.

    The whole thing about ebola "maybe" mutating into a flu-like pathogen is BS and there is no evidence to support that other than a "top researcher" who happens to be a pharmaceutical industry shill.

    The epidemic in Africa is mainly from people handling the sick and the dead without proper protection or quarantine procedures. There are also many cases of people recovering with supportive therapy, something the media never talks about. Pharmaceutical stocks are skyrocketing though.

    But by all means... may the fear be stoked! Flee for your lives! Teh ebolazzz iz a comin'!
    Or you can keep your head in the sand and hope for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

    Ebola will make it's way to Mexico 'fore long and then it will cross the Rio Grande like wildfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

    Another reason to be happy that I don't live in Texas.

  8. #18
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Yeah, the real deal is happening about 70 miles from me. You can take my word that we in the medical community are a bit cautious about this, and imo, it should never have been made possible in the first place.
    Remember when the CDC said not to worry about Mad Cow disease because as long as the spinal column is not severed in the butchering process, there is no worry about contact with the prions? As a former meat cutter I know there is no way to quarter a steer without cutting the spinal column. And these people are in charge of our health safety?

  9. #19
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ebola will make it's way to Mexico 'fore long and then it will cross the Rio Grande like wildfire.
    Sure it will.

  10. #20
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: North Texas Patient Tested for Ebola Virus

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Remember when the CDC said not to worry about Mad Cow disease becase as long as the spinal column is not severed in the butchering process, there is no worry about contact wirh the prions? As a former meat cutter I know there is no way to quarter a steer without cutting the spinal column. And these people are in charge of our health safety?
    It's all about panic control.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •