Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 585

Thread: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

  1. #81
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    The truth most people here don't know is ISIS is Hammas and Hammas is ISIS.
    Meh...there is a larger umbrella. They arent individual terrorist groups...they are all Muslim Fundamentalists, driven by the same core belief system. This is nothing new.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Meh...there is a larger umbrella. They arent individual terrorist groups...they are all Muslim Fundamentalists, driven by the same core belief system. This is nothing new.
    Obama prefers to call them names other than Al Qaeda because he already 'decimated' them.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Fact-Obama pulled out of Iraq for politics in an election season. Fact-Obama's generals, as well as the Iraqi's warned him what could happen if he left. Fact-Obama knew about ISIS 2 years ago, and did nothing as they expanded and grew.Sorry if the truth stings.
    What you say is fact. Nimby doesn't know the history at all. Obama never intended to sign a SOFA agreement and always intended to pull the troops from Iraq. This is all on his head.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What you say is fact. Nimby doesn't know the history at all. Obama never intended to sign a SOFA agreement and always intended to pull the troops from Iraq. This is all on his head.
    You'd think eventually they would get tired of the half-hearted defense of Obama, but since we are 6 years in and it continues Im guessing not.

    The facts are not disputable, some of us would do well to read up on this issue.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    ISIS is correct, airstrikes (in how we are doing them) won't destroy them or even degrade them. They are entrenched now. We can destroy them with airstrikes, but not in the way we have been doing it.
    They're hiding, likely underground. Bunker busters FTW!

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    They're hiding, likely underground. Bunker busters FTW!
    They are hiding under civilians.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Here is an ISIS fighter boasting that the air strikes are not militarily effective.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/world/...terviews/index.

    Sadly, he is probably right. ISIS is an army of militiamen operating is relatively small groups whose main armoured vehicles are pick up trucks turned into Mad Max style "technicals". Most supplies- and they dont need alot, are requisitioned from the locals (voluntarily, forcibly or coerced) and transported in individual civilian trucks. Likewise, there are not alot of easily demarcated front lines in the fighting.

    As the similarily orgainized Serbs demonstrated in Kosovo, these types of forces mix in with civilians and can be very difficult to identify and stop. Then factor in that ISIS includes members who are veterans of both Iraq and Afghan conflicts who probably have a long list produced list of "dos and donts" produced by Darwinism when it comes to avoiding precision airstrikes.

    In short, my guess is that effective air strikes need US spotters on the ground.
    Airstrikes can and will hit them at will. Intelligence assets in the region are no doubt helping in the targeting scheme, and if ISIL operates communication equipment, it has been infiltrated and is being exploited. And if they want to hide underground, well, then we've got a bomb for that

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    They are hiding under civilians.
    Whom will become frightened of blue skies, unfortunately, in due time.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Whom will become frightened of blue skies, unfortunately, in due time.
    And it would be ISIS who brought it upon them. They shouldn't have been put in this position but then again Obama should never have left them to the wolves.

  10. #90
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Obama prefers to call them names other than Al Qaeda because he already 'decimated' them.
    The press interview was rather comical.


Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •