Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 585

Thread: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

  1. #391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    10-18-14 @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    That show what you know. ISIS was born fighting Americans. They know we die like everybody else and our presence will bring thousands of new recruits to them. You think those beheadings are because they are scared of us? They want us to come back so they can kill and capture us for all the world to see. As far as an overwhelming force goes don't kid yourself that is impossible. ISIS will "hole up" among civilians and dare us to come and get them. Casualties' will be high and so will civilian deaths.
    Yes it does show what I know. ISIS is doing the beheadings in the mistaken belief that they can scare America from intervening. They screwed up because the beheadings forced a reluctant Obama to order air strikes. If they would have instead let the Americans go and said ..."Hey our war is not with America" ...then Obama would have left them alone. ISIS doesn't understand American culture or politics.

    As far as our presence bringing them new recruits, fine, American bombs don't discriminate between new and old terrorist, they just blow them up equally.

    The Germans and Japanese held up among civilians too. It didn't help them.

    ISIS has free reign until America elects a republican president. Then their days are over. Now it's true that the republican president might mess up the peace afterwards but ISIS will be too dead to gloat.

    No enemy likes to meet the American military at full force. Have you ever read the accounts of the Vietnam war by Vietnamese soldiers? They admit they while they managed to make America eventually quit, they got their butts kicked in every battle and they admit they only won because America allowed its politicians to run the war rather than its generals.

  2. #392
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Noblesse View Post
    I highly doubt ISIS wants to see American ground troops. I believe they are scared to death of American troops. If done correctly it would be the end of ISIS.

    Correctly means a massive invasion that completely destroys ISIS. If we aren't willing to go all out, with an overwhelming ground force, then we shouldn't be involved in the war at all.
    If a substantial force had remained there, this never would have happened. The U.S. lost many times more men in Korea than in Iraq, and there was also very strong public sentiment for bringing our troops home then. In fact that promise was a major theme in Eisenhower's successful 1952 presidential campaign. And yet for decades after the armistice in that war, the U.S. maintained a force of about 35,000 men in South Korea, along with quite a lot of armor and air power. And it kept North Korea honest, particularly when South Korea was much weaker and poorer than it is today. That force has been reduced somewhat, but it is still pretty strong.

    Our military has to be based somewhere, and I don't see why it should have been any more unthinkable to have some of it based forward in Iraq than it has been to have some of it based forward in other places that had been war zones, like Germany, or South Korea, or Okinawa. The extreme instability we are seeing now in Iraq has let cities like Fallujah that U.S. servicemen died to secure fall back into the hands of Muslim jihadists. It has let Mosul, one of Iraq's largest cities, fall into their hands. They now call the shots in much of the heartland of Iraq, almost up to Baghdad in some places. These people never would have dared move across from Syria with a powerful U.S. force right in their way.

    Every U.S. President from Harry Truman on has understood the basic principle that deploying U.S. forces in strategic places helps keep the world stable, and that by doing that it has encouraged economic development and democratic governments. This one either doesn't get that, or doesn't give a damn. He's more interested in apologizing to the world for this country than in protecting it from foreign threats. He is the first President in our history to disdain most things about the very country whose interests he is supposed to be defending.

  3. #393
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,341

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Noblesse View Post
    Yes it does show what I know. ISIS is doing the beheadings in the mistaken belief that they can scare America from intervening. They screwed up because the beheadings forced a reluctant Obama to order air strikes. If they would have instead let the Americans go and said ..."Hey our war is not with America" ...then Obama would have left them alone. ISIS doesn't understand American culture or politics.

    As far as our presence bringing them new recruits, fine, American bombs don't discriminate between new and old terrorist, they just blow them up equally.

    The Germans and Japanese held up among civilians too. It didn't help them.

    ISIS has free reign until America elects a republican president. Then their days are over. Now it's true that the republican president might mess up the peace afterwards but ISIS will be too dead to gloat.

    No enemy likes to meet the American military at full force. Have you ever read the accounts of the Vietnam war by Vietnamese soldiers? They admit they while they managed to make America eventually quit, they got their butts kicked in every battle and they admit they only won because America allowed its politicians to run the war rather than its generals.
    It took a Republican President to create ISIS and destabilize the entire M.E. while spending 3 Trillion and losing 4000 American lives. There are thousands more terrorists than when GW Bush took office. Why do you think that is? I thought he killed them all.

    The Vietnamese won because they were fighting to free their country from western colonialism. What were Americans fighting there for? Most did not know.
    Last edited by iguanaman; 10-08-14 at 04:07 AM.

  4. #394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    10-18-14 @ 10:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    There are thousands more terrorists than when GW Bush took office. Why do you think that is? I thought he killed them all.
    Ummm as I remember it, it was president Obama who "got" Bin Laden, decimated Al Qaeda and brought world peace.
    Last edited by Anna Noblesse; 10-08-14 at 04:19 AM. Reason: to fix quote

  5. #395
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Obama had a chance to kill them while they were wide open in the desert and he didn't. That lack of will, and foresight, raises the question of whose side this guy is really on. Incompetence can play a role but Obama is taking it to a whole new level.
    Didn't every world leader have that opportunity? This seems like an Iraq problem, why didn't Iraq kill them? Why is an issue in another country on the other side of the world, our issue?

    Obama isn't president of the world, he's president of the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  6. #396
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Noblesse View Post
    Yes it does show what I know. ISIS is doing the beheadings in the mistaken belief that they can scare America from intervening. They screwed up because the beheadings forced a reluctant Obama to order air strikes. If they would have instead let the Americans go and said ..."Hey our war is not with America" ...then Obama would have left them alone. ISIS doesn't understand American culture or politics.

    As far as our presence bringing them new recruits, fine, American bombs don't discriminate between new and old terrorist, they just blow them up equally.

    The Germans and Japanese held up among civilians too. It didn't help them.

    ISIS has free reign until America elects a republican president. Then their days are over. Now it's true that the republican president might mess up the peace afterwards but ISIS will be too dead to gloat.

    No enemy likes to meet the American military at full force. Have you ever read the accounts of the Vietnam war by Vietnamese soldiers? They admit they while they managed to make America eventually quit, they got their butts kicked in every battle and they admit they only won because America allowed its politicians to run the war rather than its generals.
    The next republican president will destroy the Islamic State just like Bush destroyed Al Qaeda.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #397
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Noblesse View Post
    No enemy likes to meet the American military at full force. Have you ever read the accounts of the Vietnam war by Vietnamese soldiers? They admit they while they managed to make America eventually quit, they got their butts kicked in every battle and they admit they only won because America allowed its politicians to run the war rather than its generals.
    The Communist Russians said the same thing but because the American media was largely run by the left, then as now, quite a different story was given to the American people. I still see articles written during the Cold War which are taken as Gospel by people today, mist recently about Chile and Central America. I spend half my time down there and the truth is quite different. The Communists excelled at propaganda, but little else.

  8. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Didn't every world leader have that opportunity? This seems like an Iraq problem, why didn't Iraq kill them? Why is an issue in another country on the other side of the world, our issue?
    Obama isn't president of the world, he's president of the USA.
    It was an American led Coalition who first led the Iraq war, who introduced democracy and who stabilized the country. You don't just have a war and then when you get bored, or for some domestic political reasons, pull the troops home. When Obama said the war is over and the troops are coming home it was striking to see how many Americans believed him. Do you and Obama think there is just one side to a war and that he gets to take the ball home whenever he wants?

    Well that's what he did and now thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands, of people will be butchered. Some of it will be happening as you read this. IF you really think that these people are not going to attack more Americans you are as dumb as the dirt you walk on.

  9. #399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    It took a Republican President to create ISIS and destabilize the entire M.E. while spending 3 Trillion and losing 4000 American lives. There are thousands more terrorists than when GW Bush took office. Why do you think that is? I thought he killed them all.
    Joe Biden told you this, right?

    The Vietnamese won because they were fighting to free their country from western colonialism. What were Americans fighting there for? Most did not know.
    It's just remarkable how people guess at history with the optimistic hope that this time they may be correct. Monkeys at a typewriter.

  10. #400
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The next republican president will destroy the Islamic State just like Bush destroyed Al Qaeda.
    Actually it was Obama who 'decimated' Al Qaeda. Bush never claimed any such thing. In fact he said, as Panetta recently said, that it would be a long war.

    You should be a little more careful in what you say because stupid people may repeat it, not knowing that you weren't being serious.

Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •