Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 585

Thread: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

  1. #351
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,730

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    I'm the guy who remembers we were supposed to enter Iraq, remove Saddam from power, get welcomed as heroes, and then leave. It didn't quite work out that way. I'm the guy who remembers the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians--men, women, and children--who died after we left a power vacuum and destabilized the country. And I'm the guy who finds it problematic to play the morality card when it's stained with events like Haditha, Mahmudiyah, and Abu Ghraib. I mean, I realize some good was done there by our military in Iraq. In fact, I'm sure it was significant. Unfortunately, it's always the bad apples that leave a sour taste in my mouth. I'm the guy who remembers them.

    The War Profiteers - Iraq: BBC Documentary on Mahmudiya Massacre - August 7th, 2006
    Mistakes were made. Let women and children and die. You are a hero.

  2. #352
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,928

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Mistakes were made. Let women and children and die. You are a hero.
    "Mistakes"? That's what you call them? Alrighty then.

    Anyway, I'm not suggesting we stand back and do nothing about ISIS. But we need to think very carefully about how we approach this. I am absolutely against sending in infantry/armor on a large scale like we did in Iraq. Someone suggested that we should have used B-52s to bomb ISIS targets arrayed near Kobani. Maybe that would have been a good idea, assuming we had the assets there to properly target them.
    Last edited by Ahlevah; 10-07-14 at 01:41 AM.
    Нава́льный 2018

  3. #353
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,730

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    "Mistakes"? That's what you call them? Alrighty then.

    Anyway, I'm not suggesting we stand back and do nothing about ISIS. But we need to think very carefully about how we approach this. I am absolutely against sending in infantry/armor on a large scale like we did in Iraq. Someone suggested that we should have used B-52s to bomb ISIS targets arrayed near Kobani. Maybe that would have been a good idea, assuming we had the assets there to properly target them.
    I dont own other peoples criminal acts. Mistakes were made following combat operations. Thats not a reason to throw your hands up in the air, shrug, and watch women and children butchered. Hopefully if someone you care about is being assaulted, someone else will be around to provide assistance.

  4. #354
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,316

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    You mean bombing a truck or an empty shack a day isn't effective? Hard to believe.

    Folks ... I think we need to confront an unfortunate truth.

    If our President would make wet-tissue-paper statements about the threat of ISIL and keeping his forces in the garage when ISIS marched into Kobani, ya think it's past time to question whether our Commander-in-Chief has any interest whatsoever in stopping them?

  5. #355
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    You mean bombing a truck or an empty shack a day isn't effective? Hard to believe.

    Folks ... I think we need to confront an unfortunate truth.

    If our President would make wet-tissue-paper statements about the threat of ISIL and keeping his forces in the garage when ISIS marched into Kobani, ya think it's past time to question whether our Commander-in-Chief has any interest whatsoever in stopping them?
    Saudi Arabia is right there! And they have the worlds fourth largest military. Why does Obama, or any American president need to shoulder a regional problem that the US helped create? So far, US intervention/interference has had a negative effect on the ME. time to get out.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #356
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,585

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    I don't recall mentioning any specific year regarding their activity other than the 1968 Tet Offensive, but, no, I was not under the impression the military wing of the National Liberation Front had ceased to exist before we departed the country.



    Never said that, either.



    I'm curious how you divined this, since I never said anything concerning the nature of the Viet Cong. There seems to be a pattern in which you butcher my words. We'll have a problem carrying on a meaningful discussion if you can't get basic facts straight.
    You said the Viet Cong raised their flag over Saigon. That tells me you don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #357
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,585

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Saudi Arabia is right there! And they have the worlds fourth largest military. Why does Obama, or any American president need to shoulder a regional problem that the US helped create? So far, US intervention/interference has had a negative effect on the ME. time to get out.
    The same reason the Turks are doing, nothing as we speak, while ISIS is about over-run a town in Syria and probably exterminate 20,000 people.
    Last edited by apdst; 10-07-14 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #358
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The same reason the Turks are doing, as we speak, while ISIS is about ovet-run a town in Syria and probably exterminate 20,000 people.
    What do you mean about the Turk's?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #359
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,585

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What do you mean about the Turk's?
    Just what I said...

    ISIS set to capture Kobani, finish major land grab - CNN.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #360
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    ISIS is correct about the air strikes being useless. Air strikes hit Isis positions as jihadists push into Kobani | World news | theguardian.com

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •