Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 585

Thread: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

  1. #301
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    There are not enough bombs and missiles in US inventory to kill everyone in ISIS. And no matter how many bombs and missiles are dropped, there will always be a contigent of similar thinking minds around to influence others. In the absence of any type of constant and vigilant force stifling such a thing, it will always exist. Which is why missiles and bombs will never get rid of it. The answer will only come from a government powerful enough to destroy it within its boarders. Few of those exists. Even China has problems with internal extreamism, but they do manage to quell it. That is why the only way this will ever stop, is if China, Russia, the US or one of the other giant powers completely occupy it, build it up and secure it, give its people freedom and wealth, that this will go away.
    There an estimated 31,000 fighters in IS, on what planet does the US lack sufficient ordinance to combat this organization? It isn't an invulnerable blob it is a highly identifiable organization with set pieces of territory, organized military units, and practical objectives. This is a silly post.

  2. #302
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,912

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Your argument keeps getting weaker...
    Do me a favor and tell me why this was worth it. What did we win?

    vietnam-veterans-memorial-8.jpg
    Нава́льный 2018

  3. #303
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    There an estimated 31,000 fighters in IS, on what planet does the US lack sufficient ordinance to combat this organization? It isn't an invulnerable blob it is a highly identifiable organization with set pieces of territory, organized military units, and practical objectives. This is a silly post.
    That is a static number. You have to understand that this number will vary as members recruit others to fill in the voids of those we have taken out Due to the precise munitions we use, many attacks will only destroy buildings, or at best, take out a few militants at a time. Which can be quickly recruited or bought by the movement at very cheap prices. This is what changed the course of the war in Iraq. When we realized that many of the extremists were not really extreamist, but paid mercenaries. When we started paying them more then the extremists, they formed a group of well paid mercenaries to fight against the Taliban. Many of the fighters will fight for the highest bidder. We would be better off paying off militants that join ISIS to not fight, which would be a lot cheaper then dropping a million $ ordinance on them. Poverty is what the Taliban and ISIS are taking advantage of.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    That is a static number. You have to understand that this number will vary as members recruit others to fill in the voids of those we have taken out Due to the precise munitions we use, many attacks will only destroy buildings, or at best, take out a few militants at a time. Which can be quickly recruited or bought by the movement at very cheap prices. This is what changed the course of the war in Iraq. When we realized that many of the extremists were not really extreamist, but paid mercenaries. When we started paying them more then the extremists, they formed a group of well paid mercenaries to fight against the Taliban. Many of the fighters will fight for the highest bidder. We would be better off paying off militants that join ISIS to not fight, which would be a lot cheaper then dropping a million $ ordinance on them. Poverty is what the Taliban and ISIS are taking advantage of.
    Err... of course it's a static number. Explaining that a militant organizations troop totals will fluctuate depending on casualties, recruitment, and desertion is one of the most obvious things I've ever seen posted. Moreover there is no reason to believe that there is a bottomless pool of fighters available to IS.

  5. #305
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Do me a favor and tell me why this was worth it. What did we win?

    vietnam-veterans-memorial-8.jpg
    And now, you disgustingly explout dead American soldiers. That just goes to show how weak your argument is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #306
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,912

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And now, you disgustingly explout dead American soldiers. That just goes to show how weak your argument is.
    Well, if you don't want to explain to me why this isn't a celebration of victory perhaps you can tell me why pointing out the cost of folly is exploiting dead American soldiers?
    Нава́льный 2018

  7. #307
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Well, if you don't want to explain to me why this isn't a celebration of victory perhaps you can tell me why pointing out the cost of folly is exploiting dead American soldiers?
    Changing the subject won't make your argument any less wrong. You've gone from, "the Viet Cong forced us to surrender", to, "it wasn't worth it". Stop trying to use partisan hackery as historical fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #308
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    There an estimated 31,000 fighters in IS, on what planet does the US lack sufficient ordinance to combat this organization? It isn't an invulnerable blob it is a highly identifiable organization with set pieces of territory, organized military units, and practical objectives. This is a silly post.
    On what planet does Saudi Arabia lack the military capability to combat this organization?

    LONDON, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia beat Britain to become the world's fourth largest defence spender in 2013, a report said on Wednesday, as Western cuts and Asian and Middle Eastern growth shift the global balance of military power.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #309
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And now, you disgustingly explout dead American soldiers. That just goes to show how weak your argument is.
    This comment proves how weak your argument is.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #310
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    This comment proves how weak your argument is.
    My argument is dead on and supported with historical facts. Are you ready to explain to us at what point the commies started dominating American forces on the battlefield, yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •