Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 585

Thread: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

  1. #271
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We destroyed an NVA division at the Ia Drang Valley.

    Encirclements aren't the only way to destroy the enemy, and his will to fight.

    We destroyed the VC without an encirclement.


    We were achieving decisive victories, but the anti-war propaganda machine suppressed that information. You believe the Tet Offensive was a victory for the communists and another poster believes we retreated from the Viet Cong in 1974. That goes to show how powerful that machine was; they damn near re-wrote history.
    you think any army in history can fight a war without the support of their fellow countrymen at home? the Tet offense was a shock to the american public because we were told that we were winning the war by our government.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  2. #272
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    you think any army in history can fight a war without the support of their fellow countrymen at home? the Tet offense was a shock to the american public because we were told that we were winning the war by our government.
    That's exactly the way it was. And a big upset for Johnson, and the main reason he withdrew his candidacy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #273
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    you think any army in history can fight a war without the support of their fellow countrymen at home? the Tet offense was a shock to the american public because we were told that we were winning the war by our government.
    We were winning the war. We won the Tet Offensive. The ARVN won the Easter Offensive in 1972. From January 1968 to April 1972, the North lost 400,000 troops. A coujtry the size of North Vietnam can't sustain those losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We were winning the war. We won the Tet Offensive. The ARVN won the Easter Offensive in 1972. From January 1968 to April 1972, the North lost 400,000 troops. A coujtry the size of North Vietnam can't sustain those losses.

    yet the united states did not attempt to claim ultimate victory and seize hannoi.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  5. #275
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,927

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That happened 2 years after we left.
    That's right. The communists stayed out of the South for two years after we left. Mission accomplished.
    Нава́льный 2018

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    yet the united states did not attempt to claim ultimate victory and seize hannoi.
    More importantly, after Nixon the left decided to pull out and lose the war for politics.

  7. #277
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    That's right. The communists stayed out of the South for two years after we left. Mission accomplished.
    The Germans violated the Treaty of Versailles...did The Allies lose WW1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #278
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    yet the united states did not attempt to claim ultimate victory and seize hannoi.
    France and England didn't seize Berlin in 1918. Germany didn't seize Paris in 1871. The mujas didn't seize Moscow in 1989. The Russians aren't in Berlin, anymore? Shall I keep going?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #279
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Germans violated the Treaty of Versailles...did The Allies lose WW1?
    No but a large portion of the German population were convinced that the army did not lose but was betrayed by the politicans at home.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #280
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    No but a large portion of the German population were convinced that the army did not lose but was betrayed by the politicans at home.
    Germany lost the war, but the German Army wasn't defeated.

    Look, I know partisanship demands that you call Vietnam a defeat of American armed forces, but that's just partisan spin, not reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •