Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 585

Thread: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

  1. #201
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,912

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    And we still lost and are losing again. What's the point of a tactical victory if the outcome is still a strategic loss?
    Well, let me clarify this a bit. It's probably not accurate to say we're losing in Afghanistan and Iraq/Syria. I'd characterize the situation more as a virus like Herpes Zoster. It gives you Chickenpox, then goes dormant for decades until it resurfaces as Shingles. It doesn't kill you, mind you, but it knocks you flat on your ass. These insurgencies are definitely not defeated.
    Нава́льный 2018

  2. #202
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    Polls show war weary Americans want the bombing and that is why OB is doing it
    Americans believe whatever government propaganda is given to them through a steady diet of television entertainment. I don't know, however, that Obama decided to bomb ISIS because "Americans wanted me to".

    Ask Americans why they want to ISIS and most will say because ISIS cut people's head off.

    Ask them how they know and they'll say they saw it on tv.

    Ask them how many people have been decapitated and they won't know.

    Ask the to name 2 of the victims and they won't be able to.

    Ask them who declared war on ISIS, most will say Obama. Few will know that war has not been declared or that only Congress can declare war.

    Ask them to name the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of State and in most cases you'll get a non response.

    Ask them to name 5 national tv network celebrities and they'll nail it.

    As to the polls saying Americans favor bombing ISiS I'd seriously question the validity of the polling methods.

  3. #203
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    i don't know what he did, Vance. I am of the opinion that Obama was convinced, for reasons I don't know, that bombing would work. You know as well as I that bombing isn't going bring ISIS to an end.

    Who convinced Obama? People who have more to gain from perpetual war than the poor bastards who will fight it, and their families, and broke and war weary Americans.
    Why I am CERTAIN he was tricked by Fox News and Republicans and NOT by being...you know...a commander in chief and president...by using intel briefs, security analysis, etc.

    You know what is comical? If someone like Navy Pride or another staunch conservative had suggested Obama was a mindless puppet you would be rushing in to declare him wise, independent, and reasoned.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Americans believe whatever government propaganda is given to them through a steady diet of television entertainment. I don't know, however, that Obama decided to bomb ISIS because "Americans wanted me to".

    Ask Americans why they want to ISIS and most will say because ISIS cut people's head off.

    Ask them how they know and they'll say they saw it on tv.

    Ask them how many people have been decapitated and they won't know.

    Ask the to name 2 of the victims and they won't be able to.

    Ask them who declared war on ISIS, most will say Obama. Few will know that war has not been declared or that only Congress can declare war.

    Ask them to name the Secretary of Defense and the Secretary of State and in most cases you'll get a non response.

    Ask them to name 5 national tv network celebrities and they'll nail it.

    As to the polls saying Americans favor bombing ISiS I'd seriously question the validity of the polling methods.
    All well and good but your assertion that OB is doing something war weary Americans are against is wrong. He was drug into this because his foreign policy numbers had plummeted and this bombing campaign of his is war for poll number instead of "war for oil".

  5. #205
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post

    You know what is comical? If someone like Navy Pride or another staunch conservative had suggested Obama was a mindless puppet you would be rushing in to declare him wise, independent, and reasoned.
    You base that statement about me on what?

    You are going to have to learn that a growing number of people are sick of both ruling parties. Otherwise, bud, you going to be less and less able to understand the world around you.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  6. #206
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    You base that statement about me on what?

    You are going to have to learn that a growing number of people are sick of both ruling parties. Otherwise, bud, you going to be less and less able to understand the world around you.
    If that is true, Id say finally and welcome to the party.

  7. #207
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,617

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Here is an ISIS fighter boasting that the air strikes are not militarily effective.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/world/...terviews/index.

    Sadly, he is probably right. ISIS is an army of militiamen operating is relatively small groups whose main armoured vehicles are pick up trucks turned into Mad Max style "technicals". Most supplies- and they dont need alot, are requisitioned from the locals (voluntarily, forcibly or coerced) and transported in individual civilian trucks. Likewise, there are not alot of easily demarcated front lines in the fighting.

    As the similarily orgainized Serbs demonstrated in Kosovo, these types of forces mix in with civilians and can be very difficult to identify and stop. Then factor in that ISIS includes members who are veterans of both Iraq and Afghan conflicts who probably have a long list produced list of "dos and donts" produced by Darwinism when it comes to avoiding precision airstrikes.

    In short, my guess is that effective air strikes need US spotters on the ground.
    Do you think they would say otherwise? This war is just getting started. It is too early to make assumptions IMO.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  8. #208
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    And we still lost and are losing again. What's the point of a tactical victory if the outcome is still a strategic loss?
    Scroll back and read the post I originally responded to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #209
    Sage

    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,912

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Scroll back and read the post I originally responded to.
    The one where you said AQ and the Taliban didn't defeat our armies? Yeah, you're right. They didn't. On the other hand, we didn't defeat them, either. They're still there, blowing up **** and chopping off heads.
    Нава́льный 2018

  10. #210
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    The one where you said AQ and the Taliban didn't defeat our armies? Yeah, you're right. They didn't. On the other hand, we didn't defeat them, either. They're still there, blowing up **** and chopping off heads.
    Nope. Keep going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •