Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 585

Thread: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

  1. #151
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Sometimes things just come together, without even having a plan, and sometimes even well made plans end up backfiring.

    I'm saying that all he had to do is to sit back and watch those on the right inadvertantly make him a hero.

    And yes, it is "a weird mixture of pathetic and funny as Hell." I'm glad we could agree on that part.
    Part of the issue I have with liberals is you have this extraordinary inability to own your own actions and hold people of similar political ideology accountable for their own actions. It's always someone else's fault. There's always an excuse and someone else to blame. Hell...even NOW in your need to excuse, he only failed because he didn't wait long enough.

  2. #152
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    The media has hyped up the evilness and the power and strength of ISIS to the American public. You have Fox News which spent weeks ranting about Christians being persecuted by ISIS, and idiots like Rep. Trent Franks and Gov. Rick Perry, Lou Barletta, and Marco Rubio who have all been claiming that ISIS is planning on attacking us. That Franks guy claimed that we know it to be a fact that ISIS "we know that ISIS is present in Ciudad Juarez or they were within the last few weeks..."
    Yes, the CIA, FBI, TSA, NSA, ASPCA and NCAA are all hanging out in border towns with pictures of all the ISIS people in case they show up. No doubt these agencies saw 10,000 heavily armed people in a white pickup truck with an ISIS lisence plate and maybe a bumper sticker outside a taqueria. I have NO doubt Trent Franks would believe that. He is an idiot.

    Their plan is likely to invade Texas on Halloween, all of disguised in Trayvon Martin masks.

    Franks and the other Tea Partisan morons in Washington have their followers all scared because Franks and Rubio and Perry actually believe each other!
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 09-30-14 at 09:19 PM.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Here is an ISIS fighter boasting that the air strikes are not militarily effective.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/world/...terviews/index.

    Sadly, he is probably right. ISIS is an army of militiamen operating is relatively small groups whose main armoured vehicles are pick up trucks turned into Mad Max style "technicals". Most supplies- and they dont need alot, are requisitioned from the locals (voluntarily, forcibly or coerced) and transported in individual civilian trucks. Likewise, there are not alot of easily demarcated front lines in the fighting.

    As the similarily orgainized Serbs demonstrated in Kosovo, these types of forces mix in with civilians and can be very difficult to identify and stop. Then factor in that ISIS includes members who are veterans of both Iraq and Afghan conflicts who probably have a long list produced list of "dos and donts" produced by Darwinism when it comes to avoiding precision airstrikes.

    In short, my guess is that effective air strikes need US spotters on the ground.
    What do you expect ISIS to say?

  4. #154
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Part of the issue I have with liberals is you
    Why did you say "you"? I'm not a liberal. Have you ever met a liberal who wanted to eliminate means tested welfare, or who was willing to accept the flat rate income tax?

    have this extraordinary inability to own your own actions and hold people of similar political ideology accountable for their own actions. It's always someone else's fault. There's always an excuse and someone else to blame. Hell...even NOW in your need to excuse, he only failed because he didn't wait long enough.
    Who and I blaming, and for what? I just voiced my on opinion, my personal "reverse wag the dog" conspiracy theory. I didn't blame anyone for anything. Nor did I make excuses. I simply expressed my observations about this situation, and presented my theory as to why and how the events happened like they did.

    I'm not excusing anyone for failure, I dunno what failure you are even talking about. The "war" against ISIS certainly hasn't failed, we are still in this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  5. #155
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Yes, the CIA, FBI, TSA, NSA, ASPCA and NCAA are all hanging out in border towns with pictures of all the ISIS people in case they show up. No doubt these agencies saw 10,000 heavily armed people in a white pickup truck with an ISIS lisence plate and maybe a bumper sticker outside a taqueria. I have NO doubt Trent Franks would believe that. He is an idiot.

    Their plan is likely to invade Texas on Halloween, all of disguised in Trayvon Martin masks.

    Franks and the other Tea Partisan morons in Washington have their followers all scared because Franks and Rubio and Perry actually believe each other!
    Close. One frequent Fox News contributor, a retired army general, claimed that ISIS was going to attack us on Sept 11th of this year. Obviously, he was wrong...as usual.

    The same guy also predicted that Iran was going to attack us with the missing passenger jet on that same date. That didn't happen either - imagine that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  6. #156
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Why did you say "you"? I'm not a liberal. Have you ever met a liberal who wanted to eliminate means tested welfare, or who was willing to accept the flat rate income tax?



    Who and I blaming, and for what? I just voiced my on opinion, my personal "reverse wag the dog" conspiracy theory. I didn't blame anyone for anything. Nor did I make excuses. I simply expressed my observations about this situation, and presented my theory as to why and how the events happened like they did.

    I'm not excusing anyone for failure, I dunno what failure you are even talking about. The "war" against ISIS certainly hasn't failed, we are still in this thing.
    Sure you did. Is it REALLY so hard for you to say "Obama declared war and/because it is the right thing to do"? Or at LEAST because he BELIEVED it was the right thing to do and not because he was tricked and coerced by Fox News and those evil republicans? Geeeeeezus. It's the same pathetic thing again and again and again. It's not his fault. He didn't know. The rotate his homework. The sun was in his eyes. Fox News was mean to him.

    You know what? Liberal politicians believed Saddam Hussein was a threat long before George Bush. They cite his threat and possession of WMDS long before Bush. Clinton took us to war citing genocide, just as Bush did. And Barrack Hussein By God Obama ****ed up, underestimated the ISIS threat, and is trying to rectify his mistake by striking them of his own free will and choice.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Breaking news....the enemy declares their foes actions are ineffective.
    Some of the bombs are proving to be effective.

    Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Hot Air

  8. #158
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    What do you expect ISIS to say?
    Yes, one should expect ISIS to say something like this. Our military can see the BDA caused by the bombs easily enough. That is physical damage to buildings, bridges, structures. But there is a lot more that needs to be done besides blowing things up.

    I think one way we will find out if we are really hurting ISIS or just causing them some pain will be how we interrupt their flow of communications, business transactions, money, etc. We can probably monitor somewhere between some to most of that. Then if ISIS moves into the cities, into schools, hospitals, mosques, etc to escape the bombing, they we know what we have done and are doing is hurting them instead of pin pricks.

    ISIS then will be daring us to hit them, they would love nothing better than to have video of bombed schools, mosques, hospitals along with the dead to spread around the world. Time will tell, nothing to do now but to sit and wait, to watch and listen.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Obama does this to himself. Dont blame everyone else for noting the obvious.
    Yeah, it was Obama who foolishly invaded Iraq, even though there was no WMD and no al Qaeda connection. It was Obama who destabilized the entire region by giving Iran hegemony and wasting billions on nation building in Afghanistan. It was Obama who alienated our allies by going it alone in an hare-brained policy of spending billions on a corrupt puppet government in Baghdad.

    Wait . . . it wasn't . . .

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS Boasts Air Strikes are not Effective

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Close. One frequent Fox News contributor, a retired army general, claimed that ISIS was going to attack us on Sept 11th of this year. Obviously, he was wrong...as usual.

    The same guy also predicted that Iran was going to attack us with the missing passenger jet on that same date. That didn't happen either - imagine that.
    Are you going to 'name names'?

Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •