Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 326

Thread: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

  1. #1
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    05-20-18 @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    19,442
    Blog Entries
    2

    Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    The U.S. Justice Department asked the Ferguson, Missouri Police Department on Friday to order its officers not to wear bracelets in support of the white policeman who shot to death a black teenager last month, sparking protests.

    Read the article here: http://news.yahoo.com/justice-depart...4135604.html35

    I don't know what you think but it looks to me like it will be a long time before there's ever any peace in Ferguson, Missouri.

    Basically what those cops are telling people is that they're going to do whatever they want to do.

    I don't believe that's going to bring people together.

    What do you think?

  2. #2
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The U.S. Justice Department asked the Ferguson, Missouri Police Department on Friday to order its officers not to wear bracelets in support of the white policeman who shot to death a black teenager last month, sparking protests.

    Read the article here: http://news.yahoo.com/justice-depart...4135604.html35

    I don't know what you think but it looks to me like it will be a long time before there's ever any peace in Ferguson, Missouri.

    Basically what those cops are telling people is that they're going to do whatever they want to do.

    I don't believe that's going to bring people together.

    What do you think?
    I think the Ferguson are excercising their 1st Amendment rights anf the DOJ needs to STFU.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #3
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think the Ferguson are excercising their 1st Amendment rights anf the DOJ needs to STFU.
    Do you really think the police cannot make and enforce uniform regulations amongst it's officers?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  4. #4
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    84,960

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you really think the police cannot make and enforce uniform regulations amongst it's officers?
    Would you support such enforcement if it was a symbol you agreed with?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #5
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    02-08-18 @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,576

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you really think the police cannot make and enforce uniform regulations amongst it's officers?
    I disagree. Ferguson police officers have the right to be racist asses.


  6. #6
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,035

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you really think the police cannot make and enforce uniform regulations amongst it's officers?
    So you agree with authoritarian dictates from on high...We always knew that....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #7
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Would you support such enforcement if it was a symbol you agreed with?
    Yes, work uniforms are fine.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you agree with authoritarian dictates from on high...We always knew that....
    You do realize all laws come from "on high", with very few exceptions, as do most regulations?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  9. #9
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    02-08-18 @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,576

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you agree with authoritarian dictates from on high...We always knew that....
    Where do you think the laws come from that police officers enforce?


  10. #10
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,035

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You do realize all laws come from "on high", with very few exceptions, as do most regulations?
    haha...So you back the PC dictate because it furthers the "racist" meme coming from such hacks as Holder eh...I say they tell Holder to pound sand....Screw him.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •