Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 326

Thread: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

  1. #61
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,977

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    I disagree. Ferguson police officers have the right to be racist asses.
    The racists are the ones politicizing the event in Ferguson.

  2. #62
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    You don't live in Ferguson, Missouri so you have no idea what the black people who live there have put up with for many years.
    Sorry, I didn't know Missouri was now in Europe. I'm guessing Toronto, Canada is closer to Ferguson Missouri than any place in Europe. Regardless, what makes your opinion of events in Ferguson relevant and mine not?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #63
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    When did anyone say that it was?
    You did - when you started an OP about a white policeman and a black teenager and you followed up with comments about race throughout this thread.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #64
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The U.S. Justice Department asked the Ferguson, Missouri Police Department on Friday to order its officers not to wear bracelets in support of the white policeman who shot to death a black teenager last month, sparking protests.

    Read the article here: http://news.yahoo.com/justice-depart...4135604.html35

    I don't know what you think but it looks to me like it will be a long time before there's ever any peace in Ferguson, Missouri.

    Basically what those cops are telling people is that they're going to do whatever they want to do.

    I don't believe that's going to bring people together.

    What do you think?
    I think it's ironic that Obama saw the need to say about Trayvon "That could be me" yet, DOJ demand Ferguson police to remove bracelets.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  5. #65
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Who said that I did?
    No one, it was YOUR silly argument. You tried the old one legged tennis player gambit and got called on it.

  6. #66
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,472

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    I think it's ironic that Obama saw the need to say about Trayvon "That could be me" yet, DOJ demand Ferguson police to remove bracelets.


    You know, I actually think that was a case of Obama realizing a mistake. When he said "that could have been me", he was commenting on the verdict of a jury by the man's peers. That undermines the trust in the legal system; if it had happened in Jefferson's time he would have been impeached for obstruction of justice.

    I suspect the behind closed doors protest from trial lawyers, most of whom are liberals, warned him off further idiocy. If he had not ventured into the Trayvor thing, then his absence in Ferguson would not have been an issue. I suggest that because he had in that and other personal tragedies, the 'wronged' in Ferguson felt he had a responsibility to them because he had done so before, and by his absence, then, infuriated things even more.

    That's why I see him as a rookie, even now, six years in. He continues to play rock star/obamacare salesman without realizing there is 250 years of precedent.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  7. #67
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    It is not the police, it is the DOJ telling them what to do.

    Why would they listen to what they have to say?
    No, it is the DOJ asking. There is a large, unsubtle difference between telling some one to do something, and asking them to do something.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #68
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    no authority by the dept of justice.

  9. #69
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Certainly, the can. When did they US Justice Department gain the authority to do so?

    And as an aside, as I've noted above, this is in my view a union display of solidarity with a fellow officer. The police union here in Toronto frequently uses tweaks to their assigned uniform as a means of "job action" when upset about some initiative, or negotiations, or treatment of an officer. Sometimes they wear union baseball caps instead of their mandated hats, etc.

    Surely, you're not against union activism, are you?
    Again, the DOJ does not have the authority to enforce such a demand to my knowledge, but it does have every right to ask the local police to change their policy or enforce, or whatever is appropriate here.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #70
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    The racists are the ones politicizing the event in Ferguson.
    Which is pretty much every one except the tiny handful of us waiting for more information and not taking a side.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •