Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 326

Thread: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

  1. #291
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Would you support such enforcement if it was a symbol you agreed with?
    Yes. Police shouldn't be displaying political or controversial symbols on their person. I assume you'd support it if they had I Stand With Obama bracelets?

  2. #292
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,835

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I disregard their false claims as any rational person should.
    And you know they're false claims because you are clairvoyant. I understand.

    I see you chose not to understand what it means. Figures.
    But I must say I am surprised that you seem to think that patrol Officers would be doing the work of another's agencies Detectives.
    How odd.
    I asked a series of questions. If you know the answers are all no, just say that. No, they didn't talk to any witnesses, none of the Ferguson police saw anything, heard anything, none will testify if there is a trial, etc.

    Shot in the back, shown to be false.
    The initial witnesses have changed their account from his hands were up surrendering, to they were just going up a little.
    Not moving towards the Officer, to evidence saying he was.
    If you've been paying any attention, at best we have conflicting accounts. You know which of the conflicting accounts are true and which are false because you're clairvoyant, but others don't have this gift and so are relying on investigations and a grand jury to work out the conflicts, at least to some extent. You should be patient with those of us without your rare abilities!

    They are protesting on a false narrative. And that is because they are irrational and likely don't care about the truth, only their biases.
    Riiigggggghhhhttttt! And you're unbiased and only interested in the facts!

    Good to know. Then the Officers wearing bracelets in support of Officer Wilson shouldn't matter one bit.

    And the Officers not wearing or covering their name tags to protect their self and their families should be acceptable as well.
    There is absolutely no rational reason why anybody should oppose such.
    Of course no one should oppose such. Why in the world would people who the officers serve want to know the names of the police officers involved in police actions?

    I have to say it's pretty funny that you just completely reverse the roles here. The police serve the people of Ferguson. You act like they have the right to tell the people they serve to go to hell if they don't like they way they're doing things. Let's just say that's a 180 from the normal conservative view of government employees.

    So you are debating not knowing the evidence? Figures.
    I just don't have the gift of clairvoyance. Wish I did! In the normal world of ordinary humans, the evidence is conflicting.

  3. #293
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Yes. Police shouldn't be displaying political or controversial symbols on their person. I assume you'd support it if they had I Stand With Obama bracelets?
    Sure. Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #294
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And you know they're false claims because you are clairvoyant. I understand.
    It is the evidence that makes the claims false, so all you show you understand, is your dishonesty in discussing this.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I asked a series of questions. If you know the answers are all no, just say that.
    Stop playing games.
    Again.
    I see you chose not to understand what it means. Figures.
    But I must say I am surprised that you seem to think that patrol Officers would be doing the work of another's agencies Detectives.
    How odd.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    No, they didn't talk to any witnesses, none of the Ferguson police saw anything, heard anything, none will testify if there is a trial, etc.

    More irrelevancy to that being discussed.
    Their wearing of bracelets does not influence any investigation, as they are not investigating it. It is like you do not understand that.
    Nor does wearing a bracelet have any influence on the irrelevancies you mention above. You are doing nothing but speaking nonsense.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    If you've been paying any attention, at best we have conflicting accounts. You know which of the conflicting accounts are true and which are false because you're clairvoyant, but others don't have this gift and so are relying on investigations and a grand jury to work out the conflicts, at least to some extent.
    This is nothing more than a failure on your part to pay attention and discern.
    People copying what others initially said, does not make for conflicting reports, especially when those initial reports have since been shown to be false.
    Shot in the back, shown to be false.
    The initial witnesses have changed their account from his hands were up surrendering, to they were just going up a little.
    Not moving towards the Officer, to evidence saying he was.
    What is it you do not understand about the above?


    Your failure to discern is not my problem, but it is yours.
    Learn the evidence and learn how to look at it in toto.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Riiigggggghhhhttttt! And you're unbiased and only interested in the facts!

    Your absurd comment does not refute what I said.
    They are protesting on a false narrative. And that is because they are irrational and likely don't care about the truth, only their biases.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Of course no one should oppose such. Why in the world would people who the officers serve want to know the names of the police officers involved in police actions?
    You seem to be skipping over the fact that badge numbers suffice.
    So again.
    And the Officers not wearing or covering their name tags to protect their self and their families should be acceptable as well.
    There is absolutely no rational reason why anybody should oppose such.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I have to say it's pretty funny that you just completely reverse the roles here. The police serve the people of Ferguson. You act like they have the right to tell the people they serve to go to hell if they don't like they way they're doing things. Let's just say that's a 180 from the normal conservative view of government employees.
    You are speaking nonsense again.



    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I just don't have the gift of clairvoyance. Wish I did! In the normal world of ordinary humans, the evidence is conflicting.
    One does not need to be clairvoyant to know that when the initial statement turned out to be fabrications that those that followed with the same info were fabrications as well.
    Why you are not able to discern only speaks to your own bias.

    The protestors are protesting based on a false narrative.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    When you're dealing with an irrational element, yes, it is unprofessional. This is a clear-cut example where wisdom and forethought needs to trump emotion. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    We can disagree. Do you let the lowest common denominator choose what you do?

  6. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    While wearing a uniform, on duty, yes, it's unprofessional to take sides in an active investigation that is the subject of protests by the community THEY SERVE.
    They are not taking sides in an active investigation. They are showing support for one of their brothers who was hurt by a thug. The dead thug is supported by many live criminals.

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, but it is up for the Police Departments and not the DOJ to make this call. There is no reason for the DOJ to even make a request like this and only makes the matter worse. By publicizing this, they now have made an even MORE volatile situation worse.
    I believe that is their intention.

  8. #298
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,720

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Fail, reload and try again



  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It's indefensible for anyone in a position of authority wearing any bracelets announcing their bias in this case to those who expect impartial enforcement of the law. It's so obviously wrong that I can't believe conservatives have lined up to defend that kind of thing by the police, of all people.
    I believe your thinking about this incorrectly. A police officer was harmed by a thug. The police officer's friends support him by wearing a bracelet as he recovers.

    What do you believe is on that bracelet that says they have taken sides about their friend's guilt or innocence?

    I believed the thug got what took to stop him. The rest of the criminals in that community need to be stopped from their looting, their fire starting and their general lawlessness.

    Do you let the lowest common denominators in your community decide what you can and cannot do?

  10. #300
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    So if they're not protesting they should be allowed to wear anything? Like pink knee socks, yellow rain boots with white polka dots and an "I'm with Stupid ===>" T shirt over their blues?

    Obviously I missed your point too...
    Do they have a dress code that says they can't wear bracelets or not? We weren't talking about shirts over their blues, were we?

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •