Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 326

Thread: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

  1. #281
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I think you guys are trying to miss the point, and succeeding. It seems impossible for someone to spend the trivial mental gymnastics necessary to achieve a bit of empathy here and put yourself in the position of the community. Assume, for example, the jack booted Obama DEA thugs shot and killed one of your church members, unarmed. Are you really telling me you'd have no problem if the DEA or FBI or anyone in the Federal government, still patrolling your little town, armed, with the power to arrest you and detain you and your neighbors, were wearing bracelets declaring their support for the person who killed your neighbor?

    I don't believe it, and I don't think you actually believe it, not if you had any doubt about the shooting.

    The problem here is I think you all have decided Wilson was right, Brown needed killing, so the police are on the right side. But the community the police officers serve don't agree, and they are the people who should matter - not guys on the internet 1,000 miles from the scene.
    I think you can attribute your own comments to yourself. I have consistently said...we dont KNOW what happened and as OTHERS have said, perhaps we should WAIT before we go about building crosses.

    The law enforcement personnel in question are colleagues of the man. They know him better than you or I and they stand by him. Heaven forbid there be a few people standing FOR him with so many people already convinced of his guilt.

  2. #282
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your assertion is absurd.
    The investigation was turned over to another force.
    The Ferguson police took no statements, none were involved in the forensics, none will be asked to testify to anything at all if there is a trial? You have no way of knowing that.

    We are going in circles here.
    And? Just because they show support for a fellow Officer does not mean they are not impartial to the actions of protestors.
    And secondly they should be showing a bias towards law enforcement, not neutrality or lawlessness.
    Bottom line is rational people believe it shows a bias. Whether it does in fact or not indicate actual bias is an unknowable answer. But while in uniform, on duty, they shouldn't take acts that reasonable people will perhaps misinterpret.

    And no, they shouldn't be showing a bias for the shooter - goodness - you're saying they SHOULD try to tilt the evidence in favor of their fellow officer?


    Wtf nonsense are you talking about this time?

    The real blind bias is coming from the idiotic protestors.
    Give me a break - you said the outrage was fake and the protesters idiots. Your views are clear enough.

  3. #283
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I think you guys are trying to miss the point, and succeeding. It seems impossible for someone to spend the trivial mental gymnastics necessary to achieve a bit of empathy here and put yourself in the position of the community.

    The community has no valid point so it would be extremely stupid to purposely put oneself in their position.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The problem here is I think you all have decided Wilson was right, Brown needed killing, so the police are on the right side.
    No, the problem here is the acceptance of a false narrative and the faux outrage.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #284
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The Ferguson police took no statements, none were involved in the forensics, none will be asked to testify to anything at all if there is a trial? You have no way of knowing that.
    What do you not understand about it being turned over to another force?


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Bottom line is rational people believe it shows a bias.

    No, the bottom line is irrational folks thinks it shows bias where none exists.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And no, they shouldn't be showing a bias for the shooter - goodness - you're saying they SHOULD try to tilt the evidence in favor of their fellow officer?

    You are doing it again.
    You should have paid attention to what CanadaJohn told you.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You have a wonderful way of taking pretty clear language presented to you and then twisting it into a narrative you want to disparage. That's fine, but it's a dishonest way to conduct a discussion if that's what you wanted rather than a vehicle to rant.
    As such behavior is irrational.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Give me a break - you said the outrage was fake and the protesters idiots.
    The outrage is faux and the protestors are idiots. That is pretty clear, as only idiots protest over false narratives, which is being driven by their own blind bias.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #285
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I think you can attribute your own comments to yourself. I have consistently said...we dont KNOW what happened and as OTHERS have said, perhaps we should WAIT before we go about building crosses.

    The law enforcement personnel in question are colleagues of the man. They know him better than you or I and they stand by him. Heaven forbid there be a few people standing FOR him with so many people already convinced of his guilt.
    I don't know either, which is why I've pointed out 100 times the investigation is ongoing, the grand jury hasn't reached a decision, etc.

    OK, I guess I just KNOW if it was my unarmed son killed or my unarmed best friend killed and the cops were wearing bracelets declaring their support for the killer, and patrolling protests of the killing of my son or friend or neighbor, it wouldn't give me confidence that the police who SERVE ME AND MY NEIGHBORS could be trusted. I'd look at it as a giant FU to my community by people we pay to serve US. If you can put yourself in their shoes and honestly believe otherwise, I guess that's fine. We just disagree.

    But as a matter of policy, that many would feel as I do is enough reason to ban the officers from wearing them. They can show their support on their own time, off duty, out of uniform. Not while they're getting paid to serve that community that disagrees with them. I'd think this decision by the Police Chief (or whatever his title is) probably took about 5 seconds to reach, or as long as it took the question to be asked. The answer, "Are you kidding me? Hell no you can't wear that stuff on duty! Are you high? We're trying to defuse this situation, not make it worse!"

  6. #286
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    What do you not understand about it being turned over to another force?
    That's not an answer. Turned over means they did nothing, took no statements, did no forensic work, heard nothing, saw nothing?


    No, the bottom line is irrational folks thinks it shows bias where none exists.
    Irrational = disagrees with you I guess.

    You are doing it again.
    You should have paid attention to what CanadaJohn told you.
    I think the problem is your statement made no sense, and perhaps I misinterpreted it. In my view, there should be no bias by police. You said the bias should be in favor of "law enforcement" which I took to mean their fellow officers. If not that I don't know what your point was.

    The outrage is faux and the protestors are idiots. That is pretty clear, as only idiots protest over false narratives.
    LIke I said you're proudly biased, and it shows.

  7. #287
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    The community has no valid point so it would be extremely stupid to purposely put oneself in their position.
    Obviously you're the only relevant arbiter of that, and so if anyone disagrees with you, it would be 'stupid' to even consider that other person's point of view. And this is true even if those people are the community you've been elected/hired to serve..... I think I'm getting a good handle on your position.

    BTW, if you had paid any attention at all to the protesters and what they're saying, the attitude you're supporting here - community of Ferguson, the people who it is our job to serve, if you don't like it, tough shiate, you're stupid and irrational - is sort of the reason for the protests. The shooting was just a spark, and hardly the only reason for the protests.
    Last edited by JasperL; 09-29-14 at 06:24 PM.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I don't know either, which is why I've pointed out 100 times the investigation is ongoing, the grand jury hasn't reached a decision, etc.

    OK, I guess I just KNOW if it was my unarmed son killed or my unarmed best friend killed and the cops were wearing bracelets declaring their support for the killer, and patrolling protests of the killing of my son or friend or neighbor, it wouldn't give me confidence that the police who SERVE ME AND MY NEIGHBORS could be trusted. I'd look at it as a giant FU to my community by people we pay to serve US. If you can put yourself in their shoes and honestly believe otherwise, I guess that's fine. We just disagree.

    But as a matter of policy, that many would feel as I do is enough reason to ban the officers from wearing them. They can show their support on their own time, off duty, out of uniform. Not while they're getting paid to serve that community that disagrees with them. I'd think this decision by the Police Chief (or whatever his title is) probably took about 5 seconds to reach, or as long as it took the question to be asked. The answer, "Are you kidding me? Hell no you can't wear that stuff on duty! Are you high? We're trying to defuse this situation, not make it worse!"

    Community? iLOL
    A small percentage of irrational folks does not a community make.
    Good to see that you place yourself amongst them.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    That's not an answer. Turned over means they did nothing, took no statements, did no forensic work, heard nothing, saw nothing?
    Yes it is an answer. Turned over, means turned over. Do you really not understand that?


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Irrational = disagrees with you I guess.

    Irrational means supporting a false narrative when it is already known to be false.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I think the problem is your statement made no sense, and perhaps I misinterpreted it. In my view, there should be no bias by police. You said the bias should be in favor of "law enforcement" which I took to mean their fellow officers. If not that I don't know what your point was.
    The statement made prefect sense. It was your inability to understand which led you astray.
    "Law enforcement" is vastly different from "law enforcement personnel". Rational folks know that.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    LIke I said you're proudly biased, and it shows.

    Idiots are idiots. Believing a false narrative after it has already been exposed as false, is idiotic. Stating such is a bias for the truth. So thank you. I am proudly biased for the truth.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    The community has no valid point so it would be extremely stupid to purposely put oneself in their position.
    Obviously you're the only relevant arbiter of that, and so if anyone disagrees with you, it would be 'stupid' to even consider that other person's point of view. And this is true even if those people are the community you've been elected/hired to serve..... I think I'm getting a good handle on your position.
    And again, the problem here is the acceptance of a false narrative and the faux outrage by the idiots in the community.




    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    BTW, if you had paid any attention at all to the protesters and what they're saying, the attitude you're supporting here - community of Ferguson, the people who it is our job to serve, if you don't like it, tough shiate, you're stupid and irrational - is sort of the reason for the protests. The shooting was just a spark, and hardly the only reason for the protests.
    They are protesting bs, and you know it.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #289
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Community? iLOL
    A small percentage of irrational folks does not a community make.
    Good to see that you place yourself amongst them.
    Good to see you disregard them.

    Yes it is an answer. Turned over, means turned over. Do you really not understand that?
    Turned over means they did nothing, took no statements, did no forensic work, heard nothing, saw nothing?

    Irrational means supporting a false narrative when it is already known to be false.
    You've declared that in your opinion the narrative is false. I wasn't aware of anyone appointing you as sole arbiter, but it's good to know your opinion matters - their doesn't.


    Idiots are idiots. Believing a false narrative after it has already been exposed as false, is idiotic. Stating such is a bias for the truth. So thank you. I am proudly biased for the truth.
    The grand jury has heard the evidence and come to a conclusion? Weird - I thought they were still weeks away from a decision.

    And again, the problem here is the acceptance of a false narrative and the faux outrage by the idiots in the community.
    And, again, I'm glad the people of Ferguson's views on this are irrelevant.

    They are protesting bs, and you know it.
    Actually, I don't. I don't live there, and haven't interacted with the police, and haven't heard all the evidence, nor has their been a decision by the grand jury nor have any of the investigations been concluded. I'm glad you "know" everything that matters. I guess you're clairvoyant or something - which is nice. What's the stock market going to be in 2 months?

  10. #290
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Good to see you disregard them.
    I disregard their false claims as any rational person should.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Turned over means they did nothing, took no statements, did no forensic work, heard nothing, saw nothing?
    I see you chose not to understand what it means. Figures.
    But I must say I am surprised that you seem to think that patrol Officers would be doing the work of another's agencies Detectives.
    How odd.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You've declared that in your opinion the narrative is false. I wasn't aware of anyone appointing you as sole arbiter, but it's good to know your opinion matters - their doesn't.
    No, that is what the evidence indicates.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The grand jury has heard the evidence and come to a conclusion? Weird - I thought they were still weeks away from a decision.
    Stop trying to confuse the issue.
    What the protestors are protesting, is a false narrative which has already been shown to be false by the evidence.
    You do not need a GJ or trial to tell you that.

    Shot in the back, shown to be false.
    The initial witnesses have changed their account from his hands were up surrendering, to they were just going up a little.
    Not moving towards the Officer, to evidence saying he was.

    They are protesting on a false narrative. And that is because they are irrational and likely don't care about the truth, only their biases.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And, again, I'm glad the people of Ferguson's views on this are irrelevant.
    Good to know. Then the Officers wearing bracelets in support of Officer Wilson shouldn't matter one bit.

    And the Officers not wearing or covering their name tags to protect their self and their families should be acceptable as well.
    There is absolutely no rational reason why anybody should oppose such.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Actually, I don't.
    So you are debating not knowing the evidence? Figures.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •