Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 326

Thread: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

  1. #261
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    No problem at all, and I'm sure I said exactly that, twice.
    Then you shouldn't try and use equivalency between myself and the officers to cloud the issue.

    It's an argument based on the common sense of a gnat, not emotional.
    So by name calling to make a point has nothing to do with emotion, yeah ok...

    That's the quote, and the bolded part is the qualifier which you said didn't exist. Thanks for that.
    I saw that, and posted it anyway to show that you did include the qualifier. I guess my point with that part was that Obama wears these rubber bracelets all the time for different causes in his political career to align himself with what ever group he is addressing at the moment. So, do you consider that unprofessional as well?

    You've come to a conclusion and it differs from that of the community, and your position is based on that conclusion. I don't think it's appropriate for police serving the community to broadcast their support of a conclusion while in uniform, on the job, serving the people who disagree quite strongly with them. Who should those officers serve - their fellow officer, wingnuts all across America or their community?
    Do the LEO's fulfill their obligation to the community by siding with the mob, or by standing by the law? Showing solidarity with their accused brother is not a commentary on their oath to uphold the law.

    That's a pretty surprising couple of sentences to string together. You believe the DoJ has taken a side, and then say based on that you don't expect a fair investigation from the Feds. But you're OK with the police officers taking a side, and despite them doing so, expect a fair investigation from them and the rest of the Ferguson law enforcement community. It's stunning you can't see the disconnect in your own statements, in the same post.
    If you had some evidence that if charged that these officers do not plan to take their fellow officer into custody then you'd have a point, but wearing a stupid rubber band showing solidarity is not proof of that. What I see from the Fed's is that, Holder comes out and makes a statement all but promising that they will conduct an investigation to ensure the officer is named, tried, and convicted for murder. Not exactly telling the people that they will get to the facts now is it. And now you have them interfering with local uniform policy, why? Because it furthers the investigation? No. But because they are playing to the mob. Because they agree with the mob.

    I'm not sure what you're referring to there. Have the FBI issued a biased report on an investigation that I somehow missed?
    No, they don't have to do that to display their intent through actions, and requests.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #262
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    So police officers have a right to protest while in uniform, on the job? That's a new one.
    How are they protesting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #263
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    I disagree. Ferguson police officers have the right to be racist asses.
    and the blacks who shot two police officers have the "right" to be felonious assholes"?

    the whole thing stinks

    and most of the protests seem to be butthurt whining over many items rather than just people being justifiably upset by a shooting that seems to be dubious in merit to some objective observers



  4. #264
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,311
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Do all very liberal people find federal intimidation in local matters appropriate?
    Why do conservative people find every request intimidating? Have you lived in fear like this your whole life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Redress, you have taken a side when you approved of intimidation by the federal government in a local matter.
    That is just ****ing stupid and an attempt to twist what I said.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #265
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do conservative people find every request intimidating? Have you lived in fear like this your whole life?



    That is just ****ing stupid and an attempt to twist what I said.
    That's quite a pattern with you Red, you know that? When you start to be cornered you go to how your words are being twisted somehow...The solution to that is instead of purposely being vague in your language, be clear about what you think, then don't whine when you are shown to be wrong.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #266
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,762

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then you shouldn't try and use equivalency between myself and the officers to cloud the issue.
    I didn't - the entire point is me or you having an opinion and broadcasting it to the world is an ENTIRELY different animal than those police officers doing it, WHILE IN UNIFORM, ON DUTY. I'm not sure how I can make the point clearer.

    So by name calling to make a point has nothing to do with emotion, yeah ok...
    What you quoted didn't call anyone a name. I'll do the work this time, "No, but they serve the people of Ferguson, and they don't pay them to wear bracelets saying, "I AM [the person whose actions you are protesting]" while in uniform, on the job."

    That statement seems self evident to me, and one need only exercise the barest amount of common sense to arrive at it, IMO.

    I saw that, and posted it anyway to show that you did include the qualifier. I guess my point with that part was that Obama wears these rubber bracelets all the time for different causes in his political career to align himself with what ever group he is addressing at the moment. So, do you consider that unprofessional as well?
    Perhaps - I've always thought wearing rubber bracelets of any kind was silly - a meaningless gesture. Obviously lots of people disagree with me. But what the bracelets say, and the circumstances, do matter in any case. Wearing "WWJD" is different than wearing the bracelet "I Am Darrel Wilson" on the job, in uniform, while working protests against in part what Darrell Wilson did.

    Do the LEO's fulfill their obligation to the community by siding with the mob, or by standing by the law? Showing solidarity with their accused brother is not a commentary on their oath to uphold the law.
    Again, you've just shouted your own biases, which is fine for you. I don't think it's appropriate for police officers in Ferguson. And a reasonable person could conclude that saying "I am Darrel Wilson" in Ferguson at this time is an unfortunate commentary on their oath to uphold the law, regardless of who that might implicate.

    If Michael Brown was a friend or family member, I know how I'd feel about it, and I think if you're honest you'd agree with me if someone close to you was the person shot and killed by police, who now broadcast their support of the person who killed that friend or family member.

    If you had some evidence that if charged that these officers do not plan to take their fellow officer into custody then you'd have a point, but wearing a stupid rubber band showing solidarity is not proof of that. What I see from the Fed's is that, Holder comes out and makes a statement all but promising that they will conduct an investigation to ensure the officer is named, tried, and convicted for murder. Not exactly telling the people that they will get to the facts now is it. And now you have them interfering with local uniform policy, why? Because it furthers the investigation? No. But because they are playing to the mob. Because they agree with the mob.
    First of all, you can't quote him implying anything of the sort. Second, the bracelets appear to many people including me as the exact same kind of statement - that they'll do all they can to make sure Darrel Wilson is NOT charged, tried or convicted.

    We've run out of points to debate - if you can't see that, then there is no real point is continuing the discussion.

    No, they don't have to do that to display their intent through actions, and requests.
    Investigating something means they've been politicized.... Got it. And it makes sense because it's somehow obvious to you nothing needs investigating, Wilson did nothing wrong, etc.

    You might wait till you see what if any charges are filed, and based on what evidence. Or you could go with your gut and then expect everyone else to agree with you.

  7. #267
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,762

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How are they protesting?
    It's you who said the police officers have that right. You must have had a point, but I don't know what it was apparently.

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,762

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and the blacks who shot two police officers have the "right" to be felonious assholes"?
    2fa065fc67c731bd961d2ddabdebc18c727bc4f380f42250b4bbb2bac9a69d39.jpg

  9. #269
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I didn't - the entire point is me or you having an opinion and broadcasting it to the world is an ENTIRELY different animal than those police officers doing it, WHILE IN UNIFORM, ON DUTY. I'm not sure how I can make the point clearer.



    What you quoted didn't call anyone a name. I'll do the work this time, "No, but they serve the people of Ferguson, and they don't pay them to wear bracelets saying, "I AM [the person whose actions you are protesting]" while in uniform, on the job."

    That statement seems self evident to me, and one need only exercise the barest amount of common sense to arrive at it, IMO.



    Perhaps - I've always thought wearing rubber bracelets of any kind was silly - a meaningless gesture. Obviously lots of people disagree with me. But what the bracelets say, and the circumstances, do matter in any case. Wearing "WWJD" is different than wearing the bracelet "I Am Darrel Wilson" on the job, in uniform, while working protests against in part what Darrell Wilson did.



    Again, you've just shouted your own biases, which is fine for you. I don't think it's appropriate for police officers in Ferguson. And a reasonable person could conclude that saying "I am Darrel Wilson" in Ferguson at this time is an unfortunate commentary on their oath to uphold the law, regardless of who that might implicate.

    If Michael Brown was a friend or family member, I know how I'd feel about it, and I think if you're honest you'd agree with me if someone close to you was the person shot and killed by police, who now broadcast their support of the person who killed that friend or family member.



    First of all, you can't quote him implying anything of the sort. Second, the bracelets appear to many people including me as the exact same kind of statement - that they'll do all they can to make sure Darrel Wilson is NOT charged, tried or convicted.

    We've run out of points to debate - if you can't see that, then there is no real point is continuing the discussion.



    Investigating something means they've been politicized.... Got it. And it makes sense because it's somehow obvious to you nothing needs investigating, Wilson did nothing wrong, etc.

    You might wait till you see what if any charges are filed, and based on what evidence. Or you could go with your gut and then expect everyone else to agree with you.

    No, I don't expect everyone to agree with me...That would make this rather boring don't you think? And you're right, there are several points we are just NOT ever going to agree on until the entire thing is over, and the evidence, and verdict are made public...Maybe not even then, but this is starting to turn into a misrepresentation pissing match, and I don't want to go down that road, so you have your thoughts on the matter, I disagree with them. We will leave it there for now.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #270
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,394

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It's you who said the police officers have that right. You must have had a point, but I don't know what it was apparently.
    Link us to the post where I said they're protesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •