Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 326

Thread: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

  1. #231
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I agree the DOJ should not demand or order (which they didn't), but I have no issue with them requesting or advising. It is the local PD's final call.

    Given that, allowing them is shortsighted and foolish. The PD are supposed to be the wise and rationals ones, and should act accordingly.
    Why? Most of these guys worked with the officer, and probably knew him as a friend, as well as a co worker. I am sure that if it were something like cancer he was now battling instead of hyped PC prosecution no one would have a problem with a bracelet showing support.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #232
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I agree its not really about the bracelets. But that is what they are going to use to enforce it at the department.
    Just asking, what "it" exactly? So I understand....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #233
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Would it be different if the the tables were turned? IOW, would those defending the DoJ interfering in a local police dept. if say the bracelets were being worn by the federal agents in support of Michael Brown?

    Yeah, I think the arguments would be totally turned 180 degrees, so this is a thread not about the bracelets at all, but about today's people like Holder and those he has put in place under him injecting when they should just not say anything at all, about such stupid stuff like that...It shows how liberals react emotionally to these types of things.
    It's indefensible for anyone in a position of authority wearing any bracelets announcing their bias in this case to those who expect impartial enforcement of the law. It's so obviously wrong that I can't believe conservatives have lined up to defend that kind of thing by the police, of all people.

  4. #234
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why? Most of these guys worked with the officer, and probably knew him as a friend, as well as a co worker. I am sure that if it were something like cancer he was now battling instead of hyped PC prosecution no one would have a problem with a bracelet showing support.
    It's OK that you've made your mind up before the grand jury has convened and heard and resolved the many conflicting accounts. You're not getting paid by that community to at least pretend to be impartial in an active investigation involving one of your own who might be guilty of, and charged with, a felony, up to and including murder. Or, he might be innocent. We don't know because none of us have seen or heard the conflicting evidence. We might never know what really happened.

    But in the meantime, it's a bit stunning that you think it's OK for those people paid to be impartial to declare they aren't to the people who pay their salaries to serve them. All it takes to know it's wrong by the police is to take the tiny step and put yourselves in the shoes of that community.

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You mean like this:
    OK, I can't read the bracelet - what does it say?

  6. #236
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I'm not sure who you're talking about, but who I was referring to were police officers, hired by the city to serve the community including the many engaged in peaceful protests as is their right as an American.
    American citizens can't break the law, just because they're pissed off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    American citizens can't break the law, just because they're pissed off.
    I'm not defending looting or burning or lynch mobs - they should be arrested, charged, convicted and jailed. But then the vast majority of protesters are doing none of that - they're protesting, which is their right as an American.

  8. #238
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Where is the law or policy that says they can't?
    I'll bet there's a clause in the union contract. Pulling policy out of their pockets like than can ooen the city up to a law suit because of unfair labor practices. i.e. if a policy isn't written down and presented to the employees, it doesn't mean ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #239
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I'm not defending looting or burning or lynch mobs - they should be arrested, charged, convicted and jailed. But then the vast majority of protesters are doing none of that - they're protesting, which is their right as an American.
    A right that the officers have, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #240
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I didn't say the DOJ demanded it, however, it is not even in their realm to ask for it.

    As for the PD, that is THEIR choice on how they want to do it. If I were running the PD I would have it in the policy to not wear it, only because I know it will aggravate the iditos that want to riot and would most likely put the officers in higher risk.

    HOWEVER, with that said, I am not running the PD and I also understand the want of the officers to support their fallen comrade. Either way it is not MINE or the DOJ business on how the PD is run and the very fact this request by them is public puts the Police officers at risk even more.
    We do have the right to an opinion as the PD represents us through our tax dollars. The idea that a police department should be able to be set up then go on their merry way and do whatever they want is part of the problem and why we're here discussing this to begin with.

    I also see nothing wrong as the federal DOJ acting in an advisory role as they are a higher authority in the legal system.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •