Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 326

Thread: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

  1. #11
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    Where do you think the laws come from that police officers enforce?
    Depends on the law...Certainly not as dictates from a racist AG.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #12
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Poor Ferguson PD...they shouldn't have to follow any rules.

    They have an excellent history of making up crap as they go along....maybe that is the reason they are in constant trouble.


  3. #13
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    The Justice Department needs to dissolve this whole mess have the state patrol or the county sheriff take over policing in Ferguson....post haste.

    Get rid of the whole lot. Get rid of the cancer.


  4. #14
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The U.S. Justice Department asked the Ferguson, Missouri Police Department on Friday to order its officers not to wear bracelets in support of the white policeman who shot to death a black teenager last month, sparking protests.

    Read the article here: http://news.yahoo.com/justice-depart...4135604.html35

    I don't know what you think but it looks to me like it will be a long time before there's ever any peace in Ferguson, Missouri.

    Basically what those cops are telling people is that they're going to do whatever they want to do.

    I don't believe that's going to bring people together.

    What do you think?
    I think everyone jumped ahead of things and should have at least waited for a trial, etc, before declaring the cop guilty and Brown innocent.

    Between now and an official trial and verdict - everything's in the air. If people would step back, be reasonable, and stop taking sides injudiciously this entire fiasco wouldn't even be happening.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The U.S. Justice Department asked the Ferguson, Missouri Police Department on Friday to order its officers not to wear bracelets in support of the white policeman who shot to death a black teenager last month, sparking protests.

    Read the article here: http://news.yahoo.com/justice-depart...4135604.html35

    I don't know what you think but it looks to me like it will be a long time before there's ever any peace in Ferguson, Missouri.

    Basically what those cops are telling people is that they're going to do whatever they want to do.

    I don't believe that's going to bring people together.

    What do you think?
    It's good move by the Justice Department. I also think that whoever has the authority to do so should discipline, if not fire, the officers who participated in such behavior. At the very least, such behavior demonstrates that the officers in question have extremely poor judgment and thus, are not doing their jobs effectively. Beyond that, what the behavior by many of the white officers in Ferguson shows is that their (at the very least) "racial insensitivity" is very real.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 09-27-14 at 01:12 PM.

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    haha...So you back the PC dictate because it furthers the "racist" meme coming from such hacks as Holder eh...I say they tell Holder to pound sand....Screw him.
    Holy strawman! Did I say anything about racism? I didn't, and for a good reason. Did I say anything about Holder? I didn't, and for good reason.

    Making **** up to argue against is not a good debate tactic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    haha...So you back the PC dictate because it furthers the "racist" meme coming from such hacks as Holder eh...I say they tell Holder to pound sand....Screw him.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Depends on the law...Certainly not as dictates from a racist AG.
    Back to back posts. That is some top end irony there. What will you do for your next trick?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I think everyone jumped ahead of things and should have at least waited for a trial, etc, before declaring the cop guilty and Brown innocent.

    Between now and an official trial and verdict - everything's in the air. If people would step back, be reasonable, and stop taking sides injudiciously this entire fiasco wouldn't even be happening.
    You castigate "everyone" in your comment, but nobody but the officers in question are responsible for their unprofessional behavior. I can't imagine why you would even criticize other people in the context of the OP.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,697

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The U.S. Justice Department asked the Ferguson, Missouri Police Department on Friday to order its officers not to wear bracelets in support of the white policeman who shot to death a black teenager last month, sparking protests.

    Read the article here: http://news.yahoo.com/justice-depart...4135604.html35

    I don't know what you think but it looks to me like it will be a long time before there's ever any peace in Ferguson, Missouri.

    Basically what those cops are telling people is that they're going to do whatever they want to do.

    I don't believe that's going to bring people together.

    What do you think?
    I saw this yesterday. The DoJ is so far out of bounds on this whole issue I can't believe that it's being tolerated. The idea that the federal government has the right to come in and dictate how a local police matter will be handled is absurd to begin with and now they are dictating that only one side on the issue has a right to free speech. One of these cops needs to bring suit.

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    I disagree. Ferguson police officers have the right to be racist asses.
    How are they being racists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •