Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 326

Thread: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

  1. #181
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    If you are interested in knowing why you are wrong, you can ask.
    Oh, this should be fun. It's been many years since I've been subjected to a middle school level intellect.

    Ok, I'll play... Would you please tell me *why* I am wrong?

    Not expecting much, of course, but maybe I'll be surprised. Anyway, here's your chance... articulate away and present a good case.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #182
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Oh, this should be fun. It's been many years since I've been subjected to a middle school level intellect.

    Ok, I'll play... Would you please tell me *why* I am wrong?

    Not expecting much, of course, but maybe I'll be surprised. Anyway, here's your chance... articulate away and present a good case.
    Your failure again.
    You were already told why you were wrong.

    And you also showed that you were wrong as soon as you tried to make it about me and not the topic.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #183
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,855

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong.
    The individual/s wearing them actually demonstrate that they have fine judgement and support the correct side.
    So, as long as you agree with the police, wearing bracelets is fine. But if the police were supporting the wrong side, aka the side you disagree with, they'd be in the wrong.

    It's a principled position I guess - right or wrong hinges on whether you agree, or not! Of course, others might think something a bit more defensible would be for the cops to remain publicly neutral while in uniform and on duty so long as there is an active investigation and authorities (and/or perhaps a trial) are still sorting out the conflicting accounts. After all, if you changed your mind tomorrow, say some new evidence was uncovered, then the rightness or wrongness of the police would change.

  4. #184
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your failure again.
    You were already told why you were wrong.

    And you also showed that you were wrong as soon as you tried to make it about me and not the topic.
    In other words, you cannot articulate anything. Got it.

    Carry on.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    In other words, you cannot articulate anything. Got it.

    Carry on.
    Your failure again.
    As it was already articulated, you must be speaking of yourself again. Figures.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #186
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    So, as long as you agree with the police, wearing bracelets is fine. But if the police were supporting the wrong side, aka the side you disagree with, they'd be in the wrong.

    It's a principled position I guess - right or wrong hinges on whether you agree, or not! Of course, others might think something a bit more defensible would be for the cops to remain publicly neutral while in uniform and on duty so long as there is an active investigation and authorities (and/or perhaps a trial) are still sorting out the conflicting accounts. After all, if you changed your mind tomorrow, say some new evidence was uncovered, then the rightness or wrongness of the police would change.
    The police, of all people, should never be the instigators of unrest or violence. Ever. Doesn't matter if the underlying reasons are right or wrong, the action of instigating is always wrong.

    The justice system, of which the police are an overall part in the sense that they're on the same side as the court system and those wanting to uphold civility and the law, should always portray an air of neutrality.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #187
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your failure again.
    As it was already articulated, you must be speaking of yourself again. Figures.
    Is this an advanced "I'm rubber and you're glue" retort?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #188
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,253

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    The DOJ is irrelevant as they do not dictate to the Policing agency.
    They are neither out of control or saying "****you" to the people they are charged with to police.
    That assertion is nothing but bs and comes from a convoluted mindset.


    The letter that was sent can be found here.
    Ferguson Police Department Investigation: Bracelets
    Carry on defending the indefensible if you will, but people may well question your motivation.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  9. #189
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Is this an advanced "I'm rubber and you're glue" retort?
    Is that what you are doing?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #190
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Carry on defending the indefensible if you will, but people may well question your motivation.
    iLOL
    Your position is the indefensible one.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •