Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 326

Thread: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

  1. #171
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,335

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    If it's the entire community looting and disturbing the peace, the entire community deserves to be insulted thusly.
    And obviously the entire community wasn't looting. Much of that community condemned the looting.

    There is no telling what you mean by "disturbing the peace" - it's generic enough to include peaceful protest of any kind anywhere, as well as violent protests. But Excon didn't say disturbing the peace, he said "Pants up, don't LOOT."

  2. #172
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    06-19-18 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,161

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Only the police department are wearing them. None of the outside agencies brought in to keep the peace are doing so.
    Prove it

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    The department are also neglecting to wear or covering up their name bands.
    An allegation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    This indicates a mentality of impunity toward the community they are supposed to be serving.
    No it doesn't.
    It shows they want to protect themselves and family from untoward attention from the idiotic demonstrators who want to act out violently against them.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #173
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    06-19-18 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,161

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And obviously the entire community wasn't looting. Much of that community condemned the looting.

    There is no telling what you mean by "disturbing the peace" - it's generic enough to include peaceful protest of any kind anywhere, as well as violent protests. But Excon didn't say disturbing the peace, he said "Pants up, don't LOOT."
    You need to stop telling untruths.

    I clearly said that should be the response to the idiotic claim of hands up don't shoot.
    The following was the exact exchange. So stop being untruthful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The protesters, looking at the same partial evidence and their incomplete knowledge of it have come to a different conclusion.....
    Spare us the false info. The potestors are not looking at the same evidnce.
    They are only looking at and considering the false narrative that was initially spread. They haven't looked at all of the known evidence.
    They went with the false claims of his hands were up surrendering, and that he was executed. Crying hands up don't shoot. Which should receive the response, "Pants up don't loot".

    And here is another one of those untruths you spewed.
    You should really just stop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It was Excon who personally insulted an entire community protesting with "Pants up, don't loot."
    Wrong.
    You can not show that comment was directed at anybody but the protestors it applied to. You know, those who were protesting by looting.
    You need articles and pictures to accompany the claim?

    August 18, 2014 3:10 PM
    ‘Pants Up, Don’t Loot’
    Protests devolve into violence and mayhem in Ferguson.
    By Ryan Lovelace


    Ferguson, Mo. — “Hands up. Don’t shoot,” several protesters chanted on Sunday night.
    One voice shouted in response, “Pants up. Don’t loot.”

    The request went unnoticed.


    [...]
    Pants up, Don’t loot.™ | National Review Online



    http://tactical****.com/pants-up-dont-loot/



    So stop with the false assertions.


    Credit to carterzest at The Conservative Treeehouse for that icon.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #174
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    24,949

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Prove it

    An allegation.

    No it doesn't.
    It shows they want to protect themselves and family from untoward attention from the idiotic demonstrators who want to act out violently against them.
    The DoJ wrote a previous letter about the name badges (a uniform requirement to ensure accountability) Then they had to write again about the inflammatory "defiant" wristbands (essentially saying "**** you" to the public they serve!)
    The department is out of control, or it would enforce uniform regulations without needing to be told from outside.
    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation." ..François-Marie Arouet. French philosopher. 1694 - 1778.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    06-19-18 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,161

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    The DoJ wrote a previous letter about the name badges (a uniform requirement to ensure accountability) Then they had to write again about the inflammatory "defiant" wristbands (essentially saying "**** you" to the public they serve!)
    The department is out of control, or it would enforce uniform regulations without needing to be told from outside.

    The DOJ is irrelevant as they do not dictate to the Policing agency.
    They are neither out of control or saying "****you" to the people they are charged with to police.
    That assertion is nothing but bs and comes from a convoluted mindset.


    The letter that was sent can be found here.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/241117079/...tion-Bracelets
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #176
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    03-28-18 @ 07:32 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,817

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong.
    The individual/s wearing them actually demonstrate that they have fine judgement and support the correct side.
    *whoosh!*

    To be expected, given the source, but still...
    Roy L. Fuchs: I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs.
    You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a bitch stayed bought.

  7. #177
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    03-28-18 @ 07:32 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,817

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    As a simple matter of professionalism, and at least the public appearance of representing everyone, police should remain above the fray. Always. Everywhere. For that reason alone, the wristbands of this sort are inappropriate.
    Roy L. Fuchs: I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs.
    You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a bitch stayed bought.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    06-19-18 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,161

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    *whoosh!*

    To be expected, given the source, but still...
    So you don't get it. Figures.

    To be expected, given the source.


    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    As a simple matter of professionalism, and at least the public appearance of representing everyone, police should remain above the fray. Always. Everywhere. For that reason alone, the wristbands of this sort are inappropriate.
    Wrong.
    The individual/s wearing them actually demonstrate that they have fine judgement and support the correct side.
    Last edited by Excon; 09-28-14 at 04:35 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #179
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    03-28-18 @ 07:32 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,817

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    So you don't get it. Figures.

    To be expected, given the source.
    Really? You used my quip back on me? You're really no more articulate than that? That's funny!


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong.
    The individual/s wearing them actually demonstrate that they have fine judgement and support the correct side.
    Let me give you a couple debate hints, as I'm sure somebody told you incorrectly before, and since you're easily-led you lapped it right up...

    1) Declaring "wrong" is not an effective debate tactic. No one ever has heard/read that and said, "Golly, my conclusion must be in error."
    2) Also, simply stating the same hollow unsubstantiated... oops, sorry, was that word too big?... anyway, simply stating the same hollow unsupported point over and over is poor debate tactics as well. As a debate tactic, it's literally unconvincing.

    I still have hope for you, though, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot in next year's 7th grade speech class.

    I would ask you to expand on your point, but honestly I have absolutely no faith that you even can.
    Roy L. Fuchs: I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs.
    You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a bitch stayed bought.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    06-19-18 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,161

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Really? You used my quip back on me? You're really no more articulate than that? That's funny!

    It is funny because your quip was absurdly juvenile as it was wrong and it deserved to be thrown back at you as it applied more to you than anybody else.



    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Let me give you a couple debate hints, as I'm sure somebody told you incorrectly before, and since you're easily-led you lapped it right up...

    1) Declaring "wrong" is not an effective debate tactic. No one ever has heard/read that and said, "Golly, my conclusion must be in error."
    2) Also, simply stating the same hollow unsubstantiated... oops, sorry, was that word too big?... anyway, simply stating the same hollow unsupported point over and over is poor debate tactics as well. As a debate tactic, it's literally unconvincing.

    I still have hope for you, though, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot in next year's 7th grade speech class.

    I would ask you to expand on your point, but honestly I have absolutely no faith that you even can.
    You obviously are only speaking of yourself and your education level, because as everyone knows, this topic isn't about me.

    Even though I included why you are wrong, "Wrong" is succinct and concise. No more is needed that that.
    If you are interested in knowing why you are wrong, you can ask.

    As for repeating a point? When you don't get it the first time and fail to refute it, of course it needs repeating.
    Last edited by Excon; 09-28-14 at 05:08 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •