Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 326

Thread: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

  1. #151
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,228

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    You do know that every black and white person in the USA is a separate human being with their own life to live outside of the group that they belong to, eh?
    We know that, but Libbos can't fathom that reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #152
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,722

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You don't think officer Wilson was carrying out his duties as assigned on the day this incident happened? I do. You may, the court may, public opinion may, determine that he was negligent in carrying out those duties, but there's zero doubt he was working at that time. If he robbed a liquor store and shot Brown in the process, we wouldn't be talking about support among the police force for their member.
    If that's your only point, he was working at the time he shot Brown, OK, fine, he was working. Glad we got that straightened out.

    One would hope the DOJ would follow this sage advice, but not under this Attorney General and President.
    Employees of the DOJ have said in public that they're taking Michael Brown's side in this against Wilson? Can you quote anyone on that?

    No, I can't control the irrational behaviour of protestors nor the racial animus they have in their hearts. Nor do I expect to bow to that irrational behaviour nor that racial animus. You may want to, I don't.
    I think I'm done with this topic. You've obviously decided who the bad guys are and it's the black community of Ferguson, and so their concerns can't be valid and Brown must have deserved killing, which is why the cops abandoning any pretense of objectivity, while on duty in uniform, while serving this community, is no big deal. I can't have a reasoned debate with that viewpoint.

  3. #153
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,228

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Nothing like stereotyping the entire crowd with negative stereotypes to show your impartiality and reasoned analysis of the evidence.... I'd respond but there is no real point. You're clearly not interested in looking at the issue objectively.



    So the people in charge have approved officers taping over their name tags? I'd like to see the evidence for that?

    If you can find it, it's more evidence the person in charge is an idiot and should be fired.
    When you say, "stereotype an entire crowd", are you including the accusation that every cop on the FPD is a racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #154
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,151

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Bs.
    It is not provocation.
    Given the inflamed situation there it couldn't be anything else but calculated.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  5. #155
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,228

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    The namebands are provocation in a situation that doesn't need it. Neither are they part of the uniform, so should not be worn on duty.
    Anyone who is provoked by those wristbands has problems that need to be addressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,213

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    He's so obviously guilty its crazy. You would have to be a moron to believe his story...

    For example why wasn't the kids Freind jailed for going for a cops gun?!?!!?

    Its gonna be the Zimmerman trial all over.... A obvious racist walks in a obviously racist part of the country...

    Plus the kid hit the ground n put his hands up!!!


    You should refrain from critiquing the intelligence of.....well anyone.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Nothing like stereotyping the entire crowd with negative stereotypes to show your impartiality and reasoned analysis of the evidence....
    Can the bs. I didn't stereotype them, they did that to themselves.
    And secondly, it is exactly what you have done here towards others. All because you do not know the known evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You're clearly not interested in looking at the issue objectively.


    That would be you.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    So the people in charge have approved officers taping over their name tags? I'd like to see the evidence for that?

    If you can find it, it's more evidence the person in charge is an idiot and should be fired.
    And there is that bias and lack of impartiality again.

    First of all that is an allegation and not proven.
    Secondly I never said it was authorized (even though it should be).
    Thirdly, had it been done it is not an "overruling". So stop speaking about **** you do not know.

    So again since you keep trying to avoid it.

    Protocol is not law.
    And it is especially wise of them not to wear name tags with the calls for vigilantism and the outing of their family and home locations. Their badge number is sufficient.
    Do you really not understand the above?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #158
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Given the inflamed situation there it couldn't be anything else but calculated.
    And more bs.
    Supporting your fellow Officer, especially as it appears he was in the right, is not calculated anything.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,722

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When you say, "stereotype an entire crowd", are you including the accusation that every cop on the FPD is a racist?
    Who made that accusation? If anyone has, I'll join you in calling them an idiot. I sure haven't made that allegation. It was Excon who personally insulted an entire community protesting with "Pants up, don't loot."

  10. #160
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Justice Department tellsFerguson police tostopwearing bracelets

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You've obviously decided who the bad guys are and it's the black community of Ferguson, and so their concerns can't be valid and Brown must have deserved killing, which is why the cops abandoning any pretense of objectivity, while on duty in uniform, while serving this community, is no big deal. I can't have a reasoned debate with that viewpoint.
    Valid concerns are one thing, invalid concerns are another.
    You seem to think there is a valid concern in these protests when there isn't.

    That is on you and your ability to discern.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •