Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 162

Thread: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Stop shooting cops, the cops will stop shooting people.
    When did this guy shoot a cop? Oh yeah, it's just your strawman. Fact is, whether you like it or not, cops are not justified shooting in this manner.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    So you are advocating PC ROE that Obama has forced upon our troops in Afghanistan that they can't shoot at the enemy until the enemy has already began shooting at you.
    The police force is not the military. I didn't think someone actually had to mention that to you, but apparently we do.

    The victim was a ****ing idiot for going back into his car without telling the officer and waiting for the officer to acknowledge it.
    Yes, IMO, the victim was dumb. However, that doesn't give the cop the right to shoot someone. Sorry but even though you hate it, the police force is NOT the military in Afghanistan.

    This just another MSM trying to start ****.
    No, it is a wrongful shooting plain and simple.

    Why weren't any of the cop shootings of unarmed white boy incidents weren't covered ?
    What does that have to do with the wrongful shooting? More strawman from you is all.

    How many of the below did CNN or MSNBC covered ?

    Still over two more months left in the year.
    Irrelevent and more strawman from you. The media covereage does NOT excuse what the cop did. PERIOD.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,835

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    The general public needs to learn to exercise common sense when interacting with the police. Don't dart into a vehicle and grope for objects the officer cannot see because they are likely to assume to the worst. Do what the officer tells you, but do it in a smart way.
    OK, great advice, but the burden is on cops with deadly weapons to exercise common sense with interacting with the public. If you're a trained officer, don't ask someone to get ID/registration and then shoot them when they do it.

    Also, too, don't pull a BS stunt like stop someone for a seat belt infraction when all the driver did was move their car in the parking lot.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Stop shooting cops, the cops will stop shooting people.
    Did this guy shoot cops?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Also, too, don't pull a BS stunt like stop someone for a seat belt infraction when all the driver did was move their car in the parking lot.
    I see why the cop would be concerned that the guy was reaching to grab a gun, but best make sure a gun is there before shooting.

    Imagine how stupid the cop must feel... Not just for shooting the guy with no reason... but the only reason he was even engaged with the guy was over some seriously stupid seatbelt "violation". Betcha he wishes that he had never tried to write such a stupid ass ticket.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    BBC News - Sean Groubert charged in shooting of Levar Jones

    On Wednesday, prosecutors in Richland County, South Carolina, issued an arrest warrant charging Mr Groubert with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature, a felony that carries up to 20 years in prison.

    The filing says Mr Groubert shot Mr Jones "without justification", and cites the video recording as evidence.

    He has been released on a $75,000 (46,000) bond.

    In Mr Groubert's case, the arrest warrant was issued less than three weeks after the shooting.
    Looks like they're actually going to charge him too, see if it goes to court. Pretty lenient charges given the nature of the crime, sure a citizen would be looking at attempted murder charges and all sorts of nice little additions. Still, better than our track record.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Looks like they're actually going to charge him too, see if it goes to court. Pretty lenient charges given the nature of the crime, sure a citizen would be looking at attempted murder charges and all sorts of nice little additions. Still, better than our track record.
    Well they are going to have to charge, there is no choice. The guy would instantly sue the police department. Also, given the fact this officer was in a situation about a year ago, I'm sure there is also question on whether the police department should have cleared him for field duty.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well they are going to have to charge, there is no choice. The guy would instantly sue the police department. Also, given the fact this officer was in a situation about a year ago, I'm sure there is also question on whether the police department should have cleared him for field duty.
    Yeah, but we haven't been charging cops for say, shooting someone who picks up a pellet gun off the shelf at WalMart and is walking about with it. So I'm surprised that there were even charges brought in the first place. It's proper, police brutality and misuse of power must be swiftly and severely punished. An uncontrolled, military style police force is a much larger threat to all of us than terrorists could ever be. And we launch trillion dollar infinity wars for the terrorist part.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Finally saw the vid last night, bad shoot.
    But I do stand by my comment that he was jumpy. You could hear it in his voice.
    He also got off another round after the mans hands were up. He is going to special jail.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    He is going to special jail.
    Why special jail? Just federal gen pop.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •