Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 162

Thread: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

  1. #121
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I would think you would care.
    Since you wrote your only your own fantasy, why would I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Since you wrote your only your own fantasy, why would I?
    How was it my own fantasy?

  3. #123
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,630

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It looked like he was getting out to pump gas.

    I never have my wallet or purse out with me when I pump gas. I take ONLY my debit card and keys out with me. The rest is locked in the car with only the driver's side door unlocked (& I've occasionally locked that too). Because it's too easy to commit crimes at gas pumps.
    I hope you bring your gun, too. Those gas pumps are scary. It's like actually being in the real world where you might have to interact with people.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #124
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,630

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I don't know what you're arguing. If it's that the police officer was correct, I VEHEMENTLY disagree.

    In this case, of course, the suspect was NEVER a threat.

    Bottom line is the guy is correctly, and I hope permanently, out of law enforcement in any capacity where he's allowed to carry a deadly weapon, with bullets in the mag. It appears he messed up the whole encounter, then panicked, and shot an innocent guy. He's probably a decent guy, or I have no reason to think otherwise. I just don't think he's shown he is competent at this particular job.
    Can you imagine the conversation in this thread if there wasn't a video?

    Oh. That's right. It wouldn't be news because 'cop shoots resisting black man' isn't anything special. And they all claim they were not resisting or doing anything.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #125
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,116
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Can you imagine the conversation in this thread if there wasn't a video?

    Oh. That's right. It wouldn't be news because 'cop shoots resisting black man' isn't anything special. And they all claim they were not resisting or doing anything.
    If there wasn't a video the cop would have killed him to make sure there wasn't another side of the story.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Can you imagine the conversation in this thread if there wasn't a video?

    Oh. That's right. It wouldn't be news because 'cop shoots resisting black man' isn't anything special. And they all claim they were not resisting or doing anything.
    I am only surprised that no one has called Jones a "thug" yet.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I am only surprised that no one has called Jones a "thug" yet.
    The thread is still young
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #128
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Oh yes, I remember the good old days when you pulled into a service station and there were three station attendants pumping the gas, checking your oil, checking your tire preasure and cleaning your windshield and you never had to get out of your car.

    If you don't remember either you're suffering from dementia or you're to inexperiance in life, just not old enough to have experiance what America use to be like.
    I'm not American, here people get out of their cars to pump gas, to go into the gas station store to buy snacks or to simply stretch their legs. There are all sorts of legitimate reasons to go about your legitimate daily business without being shot for doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    It was back when a cop could pull over someone without fearing being shot.
    Was there a time also that people could go about their legitimate daily business without fear of being shot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Some states don't allow you to pump your own gas. Apparently they think people will blow themselves up.
    So how do people pay? Do you hand your wallet over? What if you wanted to get out, stretch your legs or go into the gas station store to buy some snacks for the next stage of your drive? The civilian had all sorts of legitimate reasons to be out of his car when the police car (sans sirens) drew up.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Can you imagine the conversation in this thread if there wasn't a video?

    Oh. That's right. It wouldn't be news because 'cop shoots resisting black man' isn't anything special. And they all claim they were not resisting or doing anything.
    I have a gas hose in my hand...and they will find themselves drenched in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    I'm not American, here people get out of their cars to pump gas, to go into the gas station store to buy snacks or to simply stretch their legs. There are all sorts of legitimate reasons to go about your legitimate daily business without being shot for doing it.



    Was there a time also that people could go about their legitimate daily business without fear of being shot?
    Once upon a time in America, Americans didn't have to worry about getting shot or worry if they left their front door unlocked when they went on vacation.

    At least I experienced the tail end of that era.

    There are still some enclaves with in America where you can still experience what it was like back then.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •