Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 162

Thread: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

  1. #101
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,629

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I posted this earlier:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBUUO_VFYMs

    Note that the police officer never hit the siren, and since the 'stop' was for a safety belt infraction, committed while moving his car about 30 yards in a parking lot, no reason for the guy to assume he's being pulled over until he's spoken to already outside his vehicle.
    Yeah. The cop was just plain wrong all the way around.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Short term memory lost ?

    Don't you remember back in 2009 or was it 2010 that there were some pantie waist types proposing a medal for our soldiers for not shooting the enemy ?

    And you don't want to go there about Obama's "strict rules of engagement" that he forced upon our troops in Afghanistan that favors the enemy and caused our troops to bleed and die, do you ?
    I wasn't paying attention to the news in 2009 or 2010, so no, sir, I do not remember. I have read about it, but I don't remember it when it happened because I was unaware of it entirely. Nevertheless, I don't agree with the rules of engagement put on our troops because it has caused deaths and severe injuries. At any rate, I don't agree with our troops going all Rambo on anyone they encounter in foreign lands either. There is an appropriate level of force to be used, too much and and it's bad and too little and it's also bad, it has to be just right, which is relatively easy to accomplish. You tracking, brother?

  3. #103
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    -- So I'm going by what I assume everyone else watched.

    This is why I'm questioning why was this guy outside of his car ?
    You really asked yourself that question?

    You ever been to a gas station and tried paying your bill or ordering gas from your driver's seat?

    The longer video link has been posted - maybe it would clear things up for you if you broke the video down into 10 second chunks and you can point out the bit where the civilian does anything threatening.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I posted this earlier:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBUUO_VFYMs

    Note that the police officer never hit the siren, and since the 'stop' was for a safety belt infraction, committed while moving his car about 30 yards in a parking lot, no reason for the guy to assume he's being pulled over until he's spoken to already outside his vehicle.

    Actually, just watched it again, and it's not clear the car that was originally in front of the police car is the same one pulled over. At any rate, the guy didn't hit the siren. No reason for the driver to assume he was being stopped.
    I watched the video you provided a link to and on my end from 11 seconds to 33 seconds into the video there is no volume, it's been muted. But you make the claim that the officer "didn't hit the siren." Maybe it's on my end that the volume is muted for 22 seconds ?

    From my observation, there's only a fraction of a second that the officer didn't remove his service pistol until the victim as fast as a rattler strikes turned around and appeared to be retrieving something from the cab of his truck. Was he going for his license, a cocked and ready pistol or to detonate a bomb ?

    A law enforcement officer has to make a decision in a fraction of a second and as you can see, it all happened from the time the victim quickly turned around until the first shot was fired you're looking at ONE SECOND.

    Some of you cop haters act like a liberal JAG lawyer who seconded guess every Marine and soldier who pulls the trigger on his weapon when they are being shot at in Afghanistan with Obama's "strict PC ROE."

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I watched the video you provided a link to and on my end from 11 seconds to 33 seconds into the video there is no volume, it's been muted. But you make the claim that the officer "didn't hit the siren." Maybe it's on my end that the volume is muted for 22 seconds ?

    From my observation, there's only a fraction of a second that the officer didn't remove his service pistol until the victim as fast as a rattler strikes turned around and appeared to be retrieving something from the cab of his truck. Was he going for his license, a cocked and ready pistol or to detonate a bomb ?

    A law enforcement officer has to make a decision in a fraction of a second and as you can see, it all happened from the time the victim quickly turned around until the first shot was fired you're looking at ONE SECOND.

    Some of you cop haters act like a liberal JAG lawyer who seconded guess every Marine and soldier who pulls the trigger on his weapon when they are being shot at in Afghanistan with Obama's "strict PC ROE."
    That's a good line about the rattler. You should recommend that to the officer's defense team! And the bomb thing - also nice touch!

    Seriously, you've already said it was a bad shooting and it clearly is. He checked his pockets, and then turned into the car after being asked for ID.

    I get how the cop could have and maybe should have been alarmed by the move. Got it. No kidding. But the standard just isn't, "Shoot twice, shoot again and then again with the guy's hands in the air, and THEN ask questions."

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    You really asked yourself that question?

    You ever been to a gas station and tried paying your bill or ordering gas from your driver's seat?
    Oh yes, I remember the good old days when you pulled into a service station and there were three station attendants pumping the gas, checking your oil, checking your tire preasure and cleaning your windshield and you never had to get out of your car.

    If you don't remember either you're suffering from dementia or you're to inexperiance in life, just not old enough to have experiance what America use to be like. It was back when a cop could pull over someone without fearing being shot.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    That's a good line about the rattler. You should recommend that to the officer's defense team! And the bomb thing - also nice touch!

    Seriously, you've already said it was a bad shooting and it clearly is. He checked his pockets, and then turned into the car after being asked for ID.

    I get how the cop could have and maybe should have been alarmed by the move. Got it. No kidding. But the standard just isn't, "Shoot twice, shoot again and then again with the guy's hands in the air, and THEN ask questions."
    You ever been in a fire fight and the word comes down, "cease fire " It takes seconds to react.

    Most law enforcement officers are trained that once you fire the first round, you keep shooting until the suspect is down and no longer a threat.

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    You ever been in a fire fight and the word comes down, "cease fire " It takes seconds to react.

    Most law enforcement officers are trained that once you fire the first round, you keep shooting until the suspect is down and no longer a threat.
    I don't know what you're arguing. If it's that the police officer was correct, I VEHEMENTLY disagree.

    In this case, of course, the suspect was NEVER a threat.

    Bottom line is the guy is correctly, and I hope permanently, out of law enforcement in any capacity where he's allowed to carry a deadly weapon, with bullets in the mag. It appears he messed up the whole encounter, then panicked, and shot an innocent guy. He's probably a decent guy, or I have no reason to think otherwise. I just don't think he's shown he is competent at this particular job.
    Last edited by JasperL; 09-26-14 at 06:06 PM.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Guess you missed the part were he was given the medal of valor from his department a year ago.
    Bet if you had been shot at before, you would be alittle jumpy too.

    @_@

    Did you see the video? If that's all we know....there is NO excuse for it. None. He's lucky the man survived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Video shows trooper shooting unarmed man, South Carolina police say

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I have to wonder why the guy got out of his SUV in the first place, why he didn't empty his hands (was he driving with all that **** in his lap?), and why he rushed back into his SUV for his license (it's not in his pocket? wtf?). Is he just stupid?
    It looked like he was getting out to pump gas.

    I never have my wallet or purse out with me when I pump gas. I take ONLY my debit card and keys out with me. The rest is locked in the car with only the driver's side door unlocked (& I've occasionally locked that too). Because it's too easy to commit crimes at gas pumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •