Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 316

Thread: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

  1. #21
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Now comes the Chick Fil A effect.

    Some will boycott, while several times more will make a point to support FedEx.

    Time to buy some FedEx stock.
    **** no, I hate Fed Ex! They will rarely leave the package at my doorstep, even when I leave them a note to do so, they ship it between like 3 different places around here, each 30 minutes from each other, so where I have to go to pick it up is inconvenient and random.

    All hail UPS...at least they know how to leave a damned package.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #22
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,522

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Now comes the Chick Fil A effect.

    Some will boycott, while several times more will make a point to support FedEx.

    Time to buy some FedEx stock.
    that'll be hard because UPS is so much better than FedEx. Supporting Chick fli A is easy because its delicious.

  3. #23
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The fact is, American Indian culture, and it doesn't really matter which one you're talking about because they've all suffered the same fate, they all lost the cultural lottery. They didn't succeed, others came along that were more successful and produced superior results. Therefore, sitting around clinging to a culture that is demonstrably inferior doesn't impress me. I don't care about their heritage, I don't care about anyone's heritage, I think it's equally stupid for people to call themselves hyphenated Americans. You're American. Deal with it. Native Americans are Americans. They need to deal with it. Lots of them have and have become extremely successful. Some of them have squandered their lives sitting on a useless chunk of land, dancing around a campfire. Those people have problems.
    You don't have to care about their heritage or anyone's heritage.

    Only they have to care about their heritage.

    Their culture is yet to be proven inferior.

    I don't blame you for feeling that way though, we all got our biases. Mine in particular against the Chinese and Muslims.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  4. #24
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    I can't imagine this having much effect on FedEx's business unless more than just tribal members join, which is likely if this gets huge publicity.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  5. #25
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Wow. Nothing quite like sitting in judgement.
    Time has done that. There's nothing wrong with recognizing it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #26
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    You don't have to care about their heritage or anyone's heritage.

    Only they have to care about their heritage.

    Their culture is yet to be proven inferior.

    I don't blame you for feeling that way though, we all got our biases. Mine in particular against the Chinese and Muslims.
    Sure it has. What has it produced that's of any use to the world? Is the Osage Nation a technological powerhouse in modern society? Are they particularly wealthy? Do they have political or social influence? No? That's a failed culture. I'm not biased against them, I'm just recognizing reality for what it is.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #27
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Sure it has. What has it produced that's of any use to the world? Is the Osage Nation a technological powerhouse in modern society? Are they particularly wealthy? Do they have political or social influence? No? That's a failed culture. I'm not biased against them, I'm just recognizing reality for what it is.
    The love of Earth.

    It took us hundreds of years to realize that harming the Earth in any way (particularly pollution) was bad when they knew it from the start.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  8. #28
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,035

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    **** no, I hate Fed Ex! They will rarely leave the package at my doorstep, even when I leave them a note to do so, they ship it between like 3 different places around here, each 30 minutes from each other, so where I have to go to pick it up is inconvenient and random.

    All hail UPS...at least they know how to leave a damned package.
    I can't argue with that.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Now I'm going to have to start using FedEx more often! Screw Standing Bear. Get your ass off the idiotic reservation and join the 21st century.
    You know, you really should stop being afraid of saying what you think.

  10. #30
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    The love of Earth.

    It took us hundreds of years to realize that harming the Earth in any way (particularly pollution) was bad when they knew it from the start.
    Noble savage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    If they had the means they would have done the same. An example of Native American mismanagement of the environment:

    Bison roaming the plains shoulder to shoulder is not natural. NAs had engaged in allowing the population of bison to grow to an absurd level. They had taken a wild population and basically turned it into a giant exploding herd, having eliminated all other predators.

    The bison-covered plains often portrayed as the natural landscape of the West was, in fact, a population explosion going unchecked. With the death of a majority of NAs, via European disease, the semi-domesticated (on a large scale) bison were left to expand to deforesting and plain destroying proportions.

    Presumably, given the means (and population density), NAs would have been no more concerned with the environment than anyone else.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •