Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 316

Thread: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

  1. #271
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You mean those "facts" you've never managed to demonstrate are facts? You are aware that simply stating something is true doesn't actually make it true, right?
    What are you denying?

    1. The team presents a racial stereotype.
    2. Stereotypes are bad for society.

    Which of those do you believe is not true?


    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Please expand on that. How, exactly, is a positive stereotype harmful to society?
    The people not included in the stereotype are marginalized, pushed aside, and not recognized for their contributions that are just as important. The marginalization of perspectives and contributions harms society.


    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Because the supposed "harm" that you speak of is just a figment of liberal wild imagination, and exaggeration. It is all put into place to go after those making the money in today's capitalist society which you progs can't stand.
    Stereotypes harming society is not a "figment of liberal wild imagination", it's a sociological fact.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 09-28-14 at 03:15 PM.

  2. #272
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The people not included in the stereotype are marginalized, pushed aside, and not recognized for their contributions that are just as important. The marginalization of perspectives and contributions harms society.
    You didn't answer the question. You just keep repeating that it harms society. *HOW* does it harm society?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    What are you denying?

    1. The team presents a racial stereotype.
    2. Stereotypes are bad for society.

    Which of those do you believe is not true?
    Both.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #274
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    You didn't answer the question. You just keep repeating that it harms society. *HOW* does it harm society?

    That's exactly what I explained in the post you quoted, and is accepted by every sociologist and person of some reasoning ability. It's really obvious. I don't know why you cannot grasp it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Both.


    Yay racial stereotypes!

    One must wonder how a racial stereotype benefits you, for you to be so covetous of the socially harmful fallacy.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 09-28-14 at 04:10 PM.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post


    Yay racial stereotypes!

    One must wonder how a racial stereotype benefits you, for you to be so covetous of the socially harmful fallacy.
    You still haven't explained how any of this harms anyone, you just keep repeating it over and over like that means something. It's okay, we know you have no answers, your philosophy is utterly absurd.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #276
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You still haven't explained how any of this harms anyone, you just keep repeating it over and over like that means something. It's okay, we know you have no answers, your philosophy is utterly absurd.
    I explained how stereotypes marginalize (both "positive" and negative). I explained how marginalization harms society.

    What more is there to understand?

  7. #277
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,569

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name - CNN.com

    Very interesting. Go after corporate sponsors.
    I think Mr Bear needs to stop being a pussy.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name - CNN.com

    Very interesting. Go after corporate sponsors.
    Good - no tax free casinos until they shut the **** up.

  9. #279
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's exactly what I explained in the post you quoted, and is accepted by every sociologist and person of some reasoning ability. It's really obvious. I don't know why you cannot grasp it.
    No, you did not explain anything. There was nothing provided to grasp. You simply restated the *what*, not the deeper effects of *how* or *why*, and even the *what* is nebulous.

    Based on your so-far inability to explain yourself, I see two possibilities here...

    1) You're being argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative, which, given your history here at DP is entirely likely, or...
    2) You simply grabbed onto something that you think sounds good, because it kind of touches on what you want to believe, but you are utterly incapable of articulating it because you don't even understand it yourself.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I explained how stereotypes marginalize (both "positive" and negative). I explained how marginalization harms society.

    What more is there to understand?
    No, you STATED that it harms society. You still haven't shown that it actually harms society. Just repeating it doesn't make it so.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •