Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 316

Thread: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

  1. #161
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Mob grazing is environmentally sound
    Any system can be environmentally sound, what was not sustainable was the population of Bison. The natural system was greatly disturbed as evidenced by the population explosion resulting from the death of many NAs.

    Pretending NAs were any more environmentally aware than the next populace is nonsense. They exploited their environment to the extent possible, just like everyone else.

  2. #162
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    My dodge? Are you ****ing kidding me here? You asked a question, I answered with what appears to be a credible study from a public university that suggests 67% of Native Americans find the name to be offensive. And you are suggesting I am dodging?

    Priceless.
    You questioned my questioning of your link... when I made no comment or inference whatsoever regarding your link. That's a textbook dodge. Is the depth of your conviction really so shallow that you need to resort to dime store debate tactics?

    But hey, let's play along. Please quote my statement and point out the specific words I used where I questioned your linked study.

    Go for it!
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    On this issue? Hate and spite are the glue that holds the rightwing coalition together.
    if you notice it is only liberals frothing at the mouth over this.

  4. #164
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Bull****. He created the rhetorical question.

    I am not the one to decide what percentage of people it takes to be legitimate. All I did was find a study that suggests 2/3 are offended. That sure seems like a meaningful number to me.
    Why not? You must have some idea of what a reasonable societal standard should be. Or, did you just render your entire position moot?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #165
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    if you notice it is only liberals frothing at the mouth over this.
    I haven't noticed that, I only went through the first couple of pages before it turned into a rightwing bash fest on the tribal chief but it was a lot of hate and "man" up directed at a guy that has every right to speak his mind or protest.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  6. #166
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL.

    Yea, that's why the Prog/Lib manual demands anyone not complying with the covenents of the ideology be sought out and destroyed both personally and professionally. The tolerant left in all it's glory, as long as what is being tolerated meets the assigned agenda.
    I must of skipped out early because the manual was never passed to me. Last I checked there seems to be a lot of folks that are doing pretty well in life and are openly conservative.

    The PC covenant is probably one of the more curious of the offensives used to eliminate others. What was once an honor has now become offensive, just because. What an awesome way to "Progress".
    Yup, there's a lot of offensive terms and images that are accepted by the public. I actually call that progress but I know you folks yearn for the good old days.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  7. #167
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,267

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    And then you declared that 2/3 is the number it ought to take to require a change. .
    You need to look up the word declaration. Seriously. I declared nothing. I posed a question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  8. #168
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,267

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Why not?
    Because I'm not NA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  9. #169
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    My dodge? Are you ****ing kidding me here? You asked a question, I answered with what appears to be a credible study from a public university that suggests 67% of Native Americans find the name to be offensive. And you are suggesting I am dodging?

    Priceless.
    Actually, there's a **** TON of serious, legitimate questions about that study that aren't just speculative or opinion in nature but are directly related to the long established methods of scientific polling.

    Hopefully you may have better luck answering some of the questions I have about it than the last poster that pointed to it...because they provided nothing, and I've not been able to find anything myself.

    Do you have a link to the actual poll itself? All I've found was a press release.

    Do you have any information on what the methodology of the poll was. Scientific polls have this information included, but this particular press release did not. The little they spoke of the methodology suggested it was anything but a legitimate scientifically conducted poll. Rather than undergoing random sampling they inserted a purposeful bias into the process by going to specific locations and areas and only polling people there.

    To give an example, this would be like going into downtown Harlem or Compton, taking a poll about an issue of racism, and then proclaiming that as evidence of what "african americans" the country over believe and experience. That is in no way, shape, or form a legitimate method of scientifically conducting the polling process.

    Now imagine that such a tactic is defended bu the pollster because he simply doesn't believe that a black person not living in Compton or Harlem isn't a "real black person", or who doesn't belong to the NCAAP or another black civil rights group, isn't a "real" black person regardless of their ancestry or identification. This is effectivley what was done here to the best I can figure given the fact they haven't publicly published the poll.

    Do you have any information about the margin of error in this poll. Again, that is something routinely found within any scientifically conducted poll...yet I've been able to find, nor have been provided, any information regarding this.

    I think you're misplacing your trust in this particular poll Top Cat, banking it only on the fact it's from a "public university" (ignoring that it's from an individual in a public university that has a distinct potential motivation to be biased and who has a predetermined stance on the issue, unlike the other major poll done on this matter) instead of actually looking at the meat of the poll.

    Trusting a news site that is one of the biggest offenders for reposting and reprinting exaggerated, dishonest, or just flat out WRONG information in the name of getting facebook hits and creating click bait is not a wise thing to do.

  10. #170
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,267

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Man, some of the right-wingers are downright spiteful on this issue.
    It's palpable for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •