Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 316

Thread: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

  1. #151
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No, he'd simply change his criteria. If the studies indicated that 50% of Native Americans found it offensive, he'd say 50% was required. If it was 10% who found it offensive, he'd say the limit was 10%. He's just picking his numbers based on his desire to change the name.
    Show me where I did that? Stop making **** up. I posted a study conducted by a public university.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  2. #152
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Show me where I did that? Stop making **** up. I posted a study conducted by a public university.
    And then picked a criteria based on that study. You didn't pick a criteria and then found evidence to back you up, you moved the goalposts to where you already had evidence you'd score a goal.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #153
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So you are suggesting the study wasn't credible? Link?
    I did not suggest, nor did I imply, any such thing. In fact, I did not make a comment specifically regarding your linked study in any way, shape, or form. But your dodge attempt is noted... and mildly humorous.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #154
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Bother you does it? How delicious the irony!



    Physician heal thyself indeed.
    doesn't bother me at all i made a simple statment of fact. you don't tell me what to do. so no irony at all.
    no healing needed.

  5. #155
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I did not suggest, nor did I imply, any such thing. In fact, I did not make a comment specifically regarding your linked study in any way, shape, or form. But your dodge attempt is noted... and mildly humorous.
    My dodge? Are you ****ing kidding me here? You asked a question, I answered with what appears to be a credible study from a public university that suggests 67% of Native Americans find the name to be offensive. And you are suggesting I am dodging?

    Priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  6. #156
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    doesn't bother me at all i made a simple statment of fact. you don't tell me what to do. so no irony at all.
    no healing needed.
    You're just fine with it when you do it. Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  7. #157
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    And then picked a criteria based on that study. You didn't pick a criteria and then found evidence to back you up, you moved the goalposts to where you already had evidence you'd score a goal.
    Bull****. He created the rhetorical question.

    I am not the one to decide what percentage of people it takes to be legitimate. All I did was find a study that suggests 2/3 are offended. That sure seems like a meaningful number to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  8. #158
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,152

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Man, some of the right-wingers are downright spiteful on this issue.
    On this issue? Hate and spite are the glue that holds the rightwing coalition together.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  9. #159
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Bull****. He created the rhetorical question.

    I am not the one to decide what percentage of people it takes to be legitimate. All I did was find a study that suggests 2/3 are offended. That sure seems like a meaningful number to me.
    And then you declared that 2/3 is the number it ought to take to require a change. It was an arbitrary choice, made because you had a single study that suggested that number. As I said, had you found a study that only had 20% of Native Americans offended, you'd have said 20% was enough to require a change.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #160
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    On this issue? Hate and spite are the glue that holds the rightwing coalition together.
    LOL.

    Yea, that's why the Prog/Lib manual demands anyone not complying with the covenents of the ideology be sought out and destroyed both personally and professionally. The tolerant left in all it's glory, as long as what is being tolerated meets the assigned agenda.

    The PC covenant is probably one of the more curious of the offensives used to eliminate others. What was once an honor has now become offensive, just because. What an awesome way to "Progress".

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •