Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 316

Thread: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

  1. #141
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Are all Native Americans offended by the name?
    I haven't asked them. I'm not the one presuming to know. Let's assume that some are, others not. What difference does that make? (I'm sure you can find some African Americans that are not offended by the N word, does that make it any less offensive?)
    Last edited by Top Cat; 09-26-14 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  2. #142
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    You don't tell me what do to. .
    Bother you does it? How delicious the irony!

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post

    people need to just get over it. so sick of hearing about it.
    Physician heal thyself indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  3. #143
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I haven't asked them. I'm not the one presuming to know. Let's assume that some are, others not. What difference does that make? (I'm sure you can find some African Americans that are not offended by the N word, does that make it any less offensive?)
    Your point is incomplete. Does it matter what percentage of a given population considers it offensive? If not, then it only takes one person to declare something offensive. If so, at what percentage does something become offensive enough to warrant change? 5%? 10%? 25%? 50%+?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #144
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Your point is incomplete. Does it matter what percentage of a given population considers it offensive? If not, then it only takes one person to declare something offensive. If so, at what percentage does something become offensive enough to warrant change? 5%? 10%? 25%? 50%+?
    Oh I don't know, how about 2/3?

    A recent study by the California State University, San Bernadino reports 67% of Native Americans find the Washington Redskins name and imagery racist.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadler...l-slur#397bmd4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  5. #145
    User aheeejd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    12

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    This issue is a joke. I'm offended that this offends a/some Indians. Get a set of balls & shut your fuc*#+g mouths. What happened to pride. This chief, where are the younger Indians to boot this chief to the curb. Shoulda put much more the small pox in them blankets.
    Using Tapatalk

  6. #146
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    So, if there were another study which found less than 2/3 you would be fine with keeping the name. Right?

    Of course you'd probably declare the other study not credible, but that's a given.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    So, if there were another study which found less than 2/3 you would be fine with keeping the name. Right?

    Of course you'd probably declare the other study not credible, but that's a given.
    No, he'd simply change his criteria. If the studies indicated that 50% of Native Americans found it offensive, he'd say 50% was required. If it was 10% who found it offensive, he'd say the limit was 10%. He's just picking his numbers based on his desire to change the name.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #148
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Man, some of the right-wingers are downright spiteful on this issue.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #149
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,300

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    So, if there were another study which found less than 2/3 you would be fine with keeping the name. Right?

    Of course you'd probably declare the other study not credible, but that's a given.
    So you are suggesting the study wasn't credible? Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  10. #150
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Tribal chief: No FedEx until Redskins change team name

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No, he'd simply change his criteria. If the studies indicated that 50% of Native Americans found it offensive, he'd say 50% was required. If it was 10% who found it offensive, he'd say the limit was 10%. He's just picking his numbers based on his desire to change the name.
    I believe you are correct.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •