Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 403

Thread: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

  1. #231
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,980

    Re: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Not because it seems right. Because it's standard police policy and for good reason.

    What someone imagines they see is irrelevant.

    I keep repeating it because it's true


    Here is what you said

    She did not leave the area immediately and when she left, she left her daughter behind. And I responded to your question about her reputation by pointing out that she didn't have such a reputation because she make *any* accusations.



    Crawford did nothing in front of the police (before he was shot) that was odd or threatening.

    And she never said anything about Crawfords behavior being odd (because she died at the scene) so now you're just making stuff up.

    And how does her going back into the store with her children demonstrate that she was concerned about Crawford? When you are concerned about an "odd" man with a gun, do you bring your children to see what he's going to do?

    I don't care what a million people think they saw.

    Yeah, the fact she died while running after shots were fired is just a coincidence.
    So a post basically saying 'na huh.' Nothing new and absolutely nothing refuted. Just 'na huh, I already said so.'

    ALtho you did admit we dont know why she had the heart attack. Thank you.

    I think we're done here unless you come up with some new material.

    Mine will remain for anyone else....as per my signature below, in green.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #232
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So a post basically saying 'na huh.' Nothing new and absolutely nothing refuted. Just 'na huh, I already said so.'

    ALtho you did admit we dont know why she had the heart attack. Thank you.

    I think we're done here unless you come up with some new material.

    Mine will remain for anyone else....as per my signature below, in green.
    I don't need anything new. When the facts are on my side, I stick to the facts. The fact is, not shooting people who don't pose an imminent threat is good policy and a standard for police depts across the nation.

    Crawford was not posing an imminent threat at the time he was shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #233
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I don't need anything new. When the facts are on my side, I stick to the facts. The fact is, not shooting people who don't pose an imminent threat is good policy and a standard for police depts across the nation.

    Crawford was not posing an imminent threat at the time he was shot.
    You aren't sticking to any facts. You are stubbornly clinging to your own agenda driven position of events, which are dubious at best.

  4. #234
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, we know exactly when the cops started communication started. You can hear it and see when Crawford starts reacting. The possibility that the police were quietly communicating with him is absurd. It goes against standard police procedure and if that's what they were doing then that is just more evidence that this situation was handled incompetently by the police

    And "pointed at the floor" does mean that it wasn't a threat to anyone at that moment.

    Basically, your argument is "there must have been something else that justifies the shooting" which pretty much demonstrates the absence of any evidence in the recording to justify the shooting.
    We can only hear the cops that are near the guy on the phone, and even they can just be heard. There were more cops further away, far enough, that even speaking loudly or shouting might not have made it to the phone.

    But it doesn't matter because what I saw in the video showed him raising the gun up after the first officer to be heard shouted at him to drop it, which is justification for them to shoot. It may have been due to confusion that he made that move, but they didn't know that. Hindsight is 20/20. They couldn't possibly know that it wasn't a real, high powered rifle in that few seconds, nor that he wasn't likely planning to shoot anyone. There was just as much chance, from the view of the police, that this guy could have raised up that rifle, that it could have been real, and he could have shot them had they hesitated that few seconds to see if he was going to raise it farther up or drop it on the ground.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #235
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    You're missing the point. The point is he never at any point during that video, posed a threat to anyone. Even if the item he was hold was an AR-15, there's no reason to immediately shoot because he wasn't threatening anyone.

    So I ask again:
    So not dropping your gun, a gun that's not pointed at any one, as soon as the police tell you to do so is enough to get you killed by the cops? Is this your stance?
    Except the police officers had no idea what had been going on except what they had been told. They could not know anything except that they had a guy, with a gun, in a crowded (?) store, who possibly loaded it, was swinging it around, and they had been told had been aiming it at people. When they showed up and found that yes there was a guy with a rifle where they had been told he would be, that confirms at least part of the story. They then ordered him to drop what they believed was a loaded rifle (not a BB gun), and instead of complying, he appears to try to raise the gun. This is a threatening gesture when you have a rifle, even a toy one or a BB gun, in your hand and cops have guns aimed at you.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #236
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    You aren't sticking to any facts. You are stubbornly clinging to your own agenda driven position of events, which are dubious at best.
    So what facts point to Crawford needing a bullet in the chest?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  7. #237
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    So what facts point to Crawford needing a bullet in the chest?
    None. I'm pretty sure nobody has ever needed a bullet in the chest.

  8. #238
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    None. I'm pretty sure nobody has ever needed a bullet in the chest.
    oh I can think of a few

    Manson and his "family"
    Bundy
    Hitler
    Mao
    Pol Pot
    John Wayne Gacy
    Henry Lee Lucas



  9. #239
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    oh I can think of a few

    Manson and his "family"
    Bundy
    Hitler
    Mao
    Pol Pot
    John Wayne Gacy
    Henry Lee Lucas
    I would prefer a head shot for the likes of them. But I see your point.

  10. #240
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: No indictment in police shooting death of Ohio man carrying air rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I would prefer a head shot for the likes of them. But I see your point.
    for Bundy and John Wayne Gacy-the small head!



Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •