Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

    Yesterday and today they have been talking about possible retaliation from sympathizers here in the US. Moreso today on several radio stations. Bulletins have all been sent out to all law enforcement. Which it is common to put out the warnings, but then after a French citizen was snatched up. The word was being re-emphasized. We bombed them again today in Syria. Another 10-12 strikes on them and their chatter over the twitter has increased with their calls for violence. Think any of these Sympathizers in the US will do anything?




    Federal authorities today urged law enforcement across the country to be alert for possible attacks inside the United States in retaliation for U.S. airstrikes against the Islamic group ISIS, the brutal terrorist group that beheaded American journalist James Foley and has seized vast swaths of territory in Iraq and Syria. In a joint bulletin issued to local, state and federal law enforcement, the Department of Homeland Security and FBI said that while they are “unaware of any specific, credible threats against the Homeland” and find most threats to the U.S. homeland by supporters of ISIS “not credible,” they cannot rule out attacks in the United States from sympathizers radicalized by the group’s online propaganda.

    “ISIL members and supporters will almost certainly continue to use social media platforms to disseminate their English-language violent extremist messages,” the bulletin concluded. “Although we remind first responders that content not explicitly calling for violence may be constitutionally protected, we encourage awareness of media advocating violent extremist acts in particular locations or naming particular targets, to increase our ability to identify and disrupt potential Homeland threats. We urge state and local authorities to promptly report suspicious activities related to homeland plotting and individuals interested in traveling to overseas conflict zones, such as Syria or Iraq, to fight with foreign terrorist organizations.” In addition, the bulletin said that “civilian deaths reportedly associated with these U.S. military air strikes will almost certainly be used as further examples of a perceived Western war against Islam in English-language violent extremist messaging that could contribute to [homegrown] radicalization to violence.” .....snip~

    Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers - ABC News

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yesterday and today they have been talking about possible retaliation from sympathizers here in the US. Moreso today on several radio stations. Bulletins have all been sent out to all law enforcement. Which it is common to put out the warnings, but then after a French citizen was snatched up. The word was being re-emphasized. We bombed them again today in Syria. Another 10-12 strikes on them and their chatter over the twitter has increased with their calls for violence. Think any of these Sympathizers in the US will do anything?




    Federal authorities today urged law enforcement across the country to be alert for possible attacks inside the United States in retaliation for U.S. airstrikes against the Islamic group ISIS, the brutal terrorist group that beheaded American journalist James Foley and has seized vast swaths of territory in Iraq and Syria. In a joint bulletin issued to local, state and federal law enforcement, the Department of Homeland Security and FBI said that while they are “unaware of any specific, credible threats against the Homeland” and find most threats to the U.S. homeland by supporters of ISIS “not credible,” they cannot rule out attacks in the United States from sympathizers radicalized by the group’s online propaganda.

    “ISIL members and supporters will almost certainly continue to use social media platforms to disseminate their English-language violent extremist messages,” the bulletin concluded. “Although we remind first responders that content not explicitly calling for violence may be constitutionally protected, we encourage awareness of media advocating violent extremist acts in particular locations or naming particular targets, to increase our ability to identify and disrupt potential Homeland threats. We urge state and local authorities to promptly report suspicious activities related to homeland plotting and individuals interested in traveling to overseas conflict zones, such as Syria or Iraq, to fight with foreign terrorist organizations.” In addition, the bulletin said that “civilian deaths reportedly associated with these U.S. military air strikes will almost certainly be used as further examples of a perceived Western war against Islam in English-language violent extremist messaging that could contribute to [homegrown] radicalization to violence.” .....snip~

    Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers - ABC News
    I call BS on Homeland Security's assemssment only because we were being threatened long before we did anything against ISIS. ISIS was threatening to spread to the world long before the U.S. had a response.

    In otherwords, we were going to get a retaliation no matter what.

  3. #3
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I call BS on Homeland Security's assemssment only because we were being threatened long before we did anything against ISIS. ISIS was threatening to spread to the world long before the U.S. had a response.

    In otherwords, we were going to get a retaliation no matter what.
    Agreed.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I call BS on Homeland Security's assemssment only because we were being threatened long before we did anything against ISIS. ISIS was threatening to spread to the world long before the U.S. had a response.

    In otherwords, we were going to get a retaliation no matter what.

    Mornin' TNE. Yeah I think the threats were there before.....but now DHS is concerned with the high volume of traffic over Twitter. I was wondering why we haven't taken out their means of communications. Especially if they know they are looking to use social media.

    What did you think about their comment about a perceived Western War against Islam?

  5. #5
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

    That makes about as much sense as posting "low flying aircraft" caution signs near airports. The message from the administration (via homeland insecurity) is that our attacks against ISIS are responsible for any upcoming domestic terror attacks but you were warned.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #6
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yesterday and today they have been talking about possible retaliation from sympathizers here in the US. Moreso today on several radio stations. Bulletins have all been sent out to all law enforcement. Which it is common to put out the warnings, but then after a French citizen was snatched up. The word was being re-emphasized. We bombed them again today in Syria. Another 10-12 strikes on them and their chatter over the twitter has increased with their calls for violence. Think any of these Sympathizers in the US will do anything?




    Federal authorities today urged law enforcement across the country to be alert for possible attacks inside the United States in retaliation for U.S. airstrikes against the Islamic group ISIS, the brutal terrorist group that beheaded American journalist James Foley and has seized vast swaths of territory in Iraq and Syria. In a joint bulletin issued to local, state and federal law enforcement, the Department of Homeland Security and FBI said that while they are “unaware of any specific, credible threats against the Homeland” and find most threats to the U.S. homeland by supporters of ISIS “not credible,” they cannot rule out attacks in the United States from sympathizers radicalized by the group’s online propaganda.

    “ISIL members and supporters will almost certainly continue to use social media platforms to disseminate their English-language violent extremist messages,” the bulletin concluded. “Although we remind first responders that content not explicitly calling for violence may be constitutionally protected, we encourage awareness of media advocating violent extremist acts in particular locations or naming particular targets, to increase our ability to identify and disrupt potential Homeland threats. We urge state and local authorities to promptly report suspicious activities related to homeland plotting and individuals interested in traveling to overseas conflict zones, such as Syria or Iraq, to fight with foreign terrorist organizations.” In addition, the bulletin said that “civilian deaths reportedly associated with these U.S. military air strikes will almost certainly be used as further examples of a perceived Western war against Islam in English-language violent extremist messaging that could contribute to [homegrown] radicalization to violence.” .....snip~

    Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers - ABC News
    What??? We're killing civilians in Syria!!! Surely not.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin' TNE. Yeah I think the threats were there before.....but now DHS is concerned with the high volume of traffic over Twitter. I was wondering why we haven't taken out their means of communications. Especially if they know they are looking to use social media.

    What did you think about their comment about a perceived Western War against Islam?
    Well, I'm suprised twitter, the government of Syria, or businesses that provide their connection haven't blocked their area to be honest.

    As for ISIS talking about a Western War with Islam, that is what they have wanted all along. They want this to be a religious war, so they are using it as a rallying tool now. If they can make it a religious war, they can get more people.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I call BS on Homeland Security's assemssment only because we were being threatened long before we did anything against ISIS. ISIS was threatening to spread to the world long before the U.S. had a response.

    In otherwords, we were going to get a retaliation no matter what.
    Retaliation, RETALIATION!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #9
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well, I'm suprised twitter, the government of Syria, or businesses that provide their connection haven't blocked their area to be honest.

    As for ISIS talking about a Western War with Islam, that is what they have wanted all along. They want this to be a religious war, so they are using it as a rallying tool now. If they can make it a religious war, they can get more people.
    They've wanted their caliphate since they lost it after WW1. Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi, and Assad gave no quarters to these extremists, but I suppose that's water under the bridge.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Homeland Warns of ISIS Retaliation in US by Sympathizers.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What??? We're killing civilians in Syria!!! Surely not.

    Mornin Monte. Well they want to make sure they had the word out so ISIS can't play on them like Hamas does. Yet that's what they will do. We need to take out all their communications.

    Force them to use smoke signals and snail mail.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •