Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 724

Thread: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

  1. #651
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Where's the report on the liberal "censoring, massaging, and manipulating" of the current curriculum? (there's 647 posts in this thread, if you're going to task others with formulating your argument for you then you need to at least point them to the material).
    There is none. Even the school board members have admitted they're not familiar with what is actually being taught in the HS classrooms in that district
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #652
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    There is none. Even the school board members have admitted they're not familiar with what is actually being taught in the HS classrooms in that district
    I am amazed that you can't take 13 seconds (that's how long it took me) to find the information.

    Here's what's behind the JeffCo history curriculum protests | CPR

    QUIZ: A peek at the new history coursework that sparked JeffCo proposal | CPR

    Both articles contain references to be reviewed. In addition, there is a report to the school board (I reviewed it in hard print at the briefing) you can research.

    A 45 second review of the facts will convince you that the history curriculum kerfuffle is a strawman, intended to bring public pressure on the school board in order to weaken their position in the ongoing labor discussions with the teachers' union. The kids are being used ...

    I'm amazed that I had to spend 13 seconds of my life because you were too lazy, or intellectually dishonest, to do a google search.

    A simple thank you will do.
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  3. #653
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    I am amazed that you can't take 13 seconds (that's how long it took me) to find the information.

    Here's what's behind the JeffCo history curriculum protests | CPR

    QUIZ: A peek at the new history coursework that sparked JeffCo proposal | CPR

    Both articles contain references to be reviewed. In addition, there is a report to the school board (I reviewed it in hard print at the briefing) you can research.

    A 45 second review of the facts will convince you that the history curriculum kerfuffle is a strawman, intended to bring public pressure on the school board in order to weaken their position in the ongoing labor discussions with the teachers' union. The kids are being used ...

    I'm amazed that I had to spend 13 seconds of my life because you were too lazy, or intellectually dishonest, to do a google search.

    A simple thank you will do.
    Neither of those two articles has any evidence that the history classes have a liberal bias.

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    Once again, you prove no knowledge is a dangerous thing or any censoring, massaging, and manipulating of the curriculm.

    Had you bothered to actually read the report, you would see that the school board is attempting to remove the results of censoring, massaging, and manipulating the curriculm.

    Look it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #654
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    neither of those two articles has any evidence that the history classes have a liberal bias.
    lmao!!!!
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  5. #655
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    lmao!!!!
    Then quote from the articles where it says the curriculum is liberally biased or has been censored, massaged, and manipulated
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #656
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I favor teaching the constitution and the philosophical concept of individual freedom and liberty. I disfavor teaching children to blindly obey authoritative structures.

    Not only did Rosa Parks protest, the Boston Tea Party was a protest. The American Revolution was blatant disregard for British authority.

    Not all laws, governments, and forms of authority should be obeyed and trusted. If you study history it becomes obvious.
    you say you want to teach the constitution, now explain to me what is being taught..... to blindly do.

    Rosa parks protested authority she did not turn to violate action, the Boston tea party was not a protest, because it involved the destruction of property, nothing can be a protest if it violates property, because protesting is a right, nothing can be a right which involves the destruction, stealing, cheating of property.

    please state for me, laws, governments, authority which you should not obey.

  7. #657
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,613

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I don't care about college professors.

    The only thing that counts is the bias in *this* school's curriculum and this school board has presented absolutely no evidence that this school's curriculum is biased. If they are changing *this* school's curriculum because of what some other college is doing then they are being irresponsible.
    OF COURSE they were being irresponsible and biased curriculum should be identified and rejected. No one is denying that. ALL educator bias is irresponsible.

  8. #658
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Then quote from the articles where it says the curriculum is liberally biased or has been censored, massaged, and manipulated
    Did you take the quiz?
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  9. #659
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    OF COURSE they were being irresponsible and biased curriculum should be identified and rejected. No one is denying that. ALL educator bias is irresponsible.
    I disagree. Like Fiddytree, I think some bias is unavoidable. However, I think the curriculum should be designed to be as free from bias as possible, and should not be designed to be biased which is what this school board wants. IMO, the best way to deal with inevitable bias is to foster independent thinking which, ironically, the new curriculum this school board opposes is designed to encourage.

    http://www.cpr.org/news/story/heres-...culum-protests
    The controversy stems from the recent overhaul of the AP test. Students who take AP classes can earn college credit. The exam is administered by the New Jersey-based College Board. For years, the College Board has been working to de-emphasize rote memorization of facts in AP history, and instead develop historical thinking and critical analysis skills. One historian calls it “teaching historical thinking instead of historical trivia.” The idea is to teach students how to read sources, how to use the skills of a historian, and how to create their own historical arguments. - See more at: http://www.cpr.org/news/story/heres-....RUNGkdlk.dpuf
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #660
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    I am amazed that you can't take 13 seconds (that's how long it took me) to find the information. [...]
    You're saying that you kept admonishing sangha to read a report that doesn't exist or had yet to be posted? Really?

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •