Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 724

Thread: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

  1. #411
    Student Monte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    216

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    I have been trying to figure out how any censorship is occurring, without success.

    It would appear that the subject of censorship may be a "red herring" and the students used as pawns.

    'A' Is for Agitation: What's Really Going on in Jefferson County Schools - Michelle Malkin - Page 1

  2. #412
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Civil protest is non violent action to effect change, ala Martin Luther King. That's what the kids are dong and the school board has shelved the idea, so it worked.

    Again; what kind of point are you trying to make?
    You do realize that Bunker Hill was violent, yes? So it doesn't quite fit into your definition.

  3. #413
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,722

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You do realize that Bunker Hill was violent, yes? So it doesn't quite fit into your definition.
    Bunk Hill started out as a labor demomstration, so it does indeed fit. English troops opened fire on the demonstrators which turned it violent. It would be nice if you stopped trying to make me wrong at any cost and just focused on a decent conversation.

    What point are you trying to make?
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  4. #414
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,311

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    I have been trying to figure out how any censorship is occurring, without success.

    It would appear that the subject of censorship may be a "red herring" and the students used as pawns.

    'A' Is for Agitation: What's Really Going on in Jefferson County Schools - Michelle Malkin - Page 1
    It's not, but when anyone starts to peel back a layer on the progressive onion in our education system, be prepared for the progs to go nuts...Even use kids.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #415
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Bunk Hill started out as a labor demomstration, so it does indeed fit. English troops opened fire on the demonstrators which turned it violent. It would be nice if you stopped trying to make me wrong at any cost and just focused on a decent conversation.

    What point are you trying to make?
    What? A "labor demonstration"? "Demonstrators"? You're joking I hope. This wasn't a labor demonstration. Seriously, do you know anything about Bunker Hill (which was actually Breed's Hill)?

  6. #416
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,722

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What? A "labor demonstration"? "Demonstrators"? You're joking I hope. This wasn't a labor demonstration. Seriously, do you know anything about Bunker Hill (which was actually Breed's Hill)?
    Yes; I was talking about the boston masacre: I stand corrected.

    So, back to the conversation....
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  7. #417
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What? A "labor demonstration"? "Demonstrators"? You're joking I hope. This wasn't a labor demonstration. Seriously, do you know anything about Bunker Hill (which was actually Breed's Hill)?
    well done.

  8. #418
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yes; I was talking about the boston masacre: I stand corrected.

    So, back to the conversation....
    OMFG do you know what started the Boston Massacre? It was NOT a demonstration! It started with a single colonist calling out a British officer for not paying a bill at the wigmaker's. The guard at the custom house heard the exchange and went over and bopped the colonist on the head with a musket. Then a large freaking brawl ensued. It wasn't a demonstration. It was a fight.

  9. #419
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,352

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    OMFG do you know what started the Boston Massacre? It was NOT a demonstration! It started with a single colonist calling out a British officer for not paying a bill at the wigmaker's. The guard at the custom house heard the exchange and went over and bopped the colonist on the head with a musket. Then a large freaking brawl ensued. It wasn't a demonstration. It was a fight.
    Greetings, tres borrachos.

    I wonder if, when some rewrite history that is being taught in schools today - as they seem to want to do - whether truths like this will be conventiently omitted? We seem to be actually living the movie 1984! Talk about agendas....

  10. #420
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,311

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    OMFG do you know what started the Boston Massacre? It was NOT a demonstration! It started with a single colonist calling out a British officer for not paying a bill at the wigmaker's. The guard at the custom house heard the exchange and went over and bopped the colonist on the head with a musket. Then a large freaking brawl ensued. It wasn't a demonstration. It was a fight.

    he's two for two...This is just too freaking great....hahahaha!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •