Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 724

Thread: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

  1. #381
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    You ought to talk to the kids ... see how much history they know. You're in for a rude awakening.
    I talk to kids regularly and I tutor them. They all have history classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I talk to kids regularly and I tutor them. They all have history classes.
    Then you may recognize a few of these faces. Bikinis vs Brains - Watters' World Memorial Day Quiz - O'Reilly Factor - YouTube

  3. #383
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Not if they werent aware of this predilection/slant/perspective. School board members dont exactly run on 'platforms' and sadly, I bet most parents dont pay much attention anyway.

    Now maybe they will. I think that the attention here is a good thing.
    You're assuming that the voters weren't aware of the person's slant, and you're also assuming that they don't approve of the person's slant.

    I know what slant the board members have when I vote for them. And I expect them to live up to my expectations.

  4. #384
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You're assuming that the voters weren't aware of the person's slant, and you're also assuming that they don't approve of the person's slant.
    Yeah, these school board members campaigned on these changes, and the people in the community supported those changes

    That's why they're protesting the changes....because they support them.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #385
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yeah, these school board members campaigned on these changes, and the people in the community supported those changes

    That's why they're protesting the changes....because they support them.
    Once again .... the community isn't protesting them. The students are, because they were riled up by teachers who are pissed off because they didn't get the pay raise THEY think they so richly deserve. Don't make it something it isn't ...
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  6. #386
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    Once again .... the community isn't protesting them. The students are, because they were riled up by teachers who are pissed off because they didn't get the pay raise THEY think they so richly deserve. Don't make it something it isn't ...
    Wrong. The community also opposes the changes.

    Patriots? Colorado student walkout offers real-life lesson in civil disobedience - CSMonitor.com
    In response, hundreds of students, teachers and parents from high schools across the Jefferson County school district, the second largest in Colorado walked out of school, the Times reported. “Sympathetic parents brought poster board, magic markers and bottles of water,” according to the Times.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #387
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post

    Actually, you're wrong ... there was very little participation by adults (other than teachers) in the so-called protest. The community elected this school board based on their approach. Most still support that ... there are a few outliers, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

    There is a cautionary tale here, though ... the teachers have no problem using your kids as tools. These kids have been manipulated. Sure makes you feel comfortable about sending your kids to school when they get indoctrinated, instead of educated.
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  8. #388
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum changes that would promote patriotism | Fox News


    I'm with the students on this one. Complete bs on the part of that school board. No curriculum should be biased or censored, just straight facts.
    Facts are fine, but liberal academia isn't interested in facts.

    They're hell-bent on promoting their political agenda.

    But I appreciate your Alinsky attempt. Blame conservatives for what you do, so they have to defend themselves for your actions.

  9. #389
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    Actually, you're wrong
    Read. Then post
    In response, hundreds of students, teachers and parents from high schools across the Jefferson County school district, the second largest in Colorado walked out of school, the Times reported. “Sympathetic parents brought poster board, magic markers and bottles of water,” according to the Times.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #390
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You're assuming that the voters weren't aware of the person's slant, and you're also assuming that they don't approve of the person's slant.

    I know what slant the board members have when I vote for them. And I expect them to live up to my expectations.
    Didnt assume anything. That's why I wrote "if."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •