Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 724

Thread: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

  1. #251
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    That your quote is manufactured liberal hooey that was presented by the left in a historical context as a means to justify the anti-American sentiments expressed at liberal protests throughout the last several decades.
    None of which has anything to do with whether the meaning is accurate. When you cannot refute points, you have to try and attack the messenger. So, can you comment on the actual words?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #252
    Educator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Last Seen
    10-23-14 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    945

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum changes that would promote patriotism | Fox News


    I'm with the students on this one. Complete bs on the part of that school board. No curriculum should be biased or censored, just straight facts.
    I'm guessing you have never really looked at the curriculum of a high school history class.

    This town is about 45 miles away.

    The teachers complained (held a 'brown-out) because some liberal fatted calves were deleted from the criteria, and replaced with facts. When the brown-out didn't work, they rallied the students (through lies and distortions) to protest.

    Same ol' story .... the teachers are not there to educate; their goal was to indoctrinate.
    We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
    - Orson Welles

  3. #253
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,034

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Well, if they're so butthurt about it, there are plenty of other history sources freely available to them. No one made a rule that the only learning done must be in the classroom.
    Well since the taxpayers are paying for that schooling, then the taxpayers should be respected and the kids should get history as unbiased as possible. And not just ignore the parts that make the US look bad.

    Alot of what folks my age were taught in history class has been found to be very very biased and even wrong. That's not serving our kids or our country.

    I'm just finishing up reading the Rape of Nanking right now. That is a horrendous event that was nearly ignored by the world until recently. Between 250,000 and 400,000 were killed...by all sources except the Japanese.

    The Japanese have been teaching their children 3,000. And they still refuse to admit to the war crimes and atrocities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #254
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I see nothing at all wrong with this. schools should promote those aspects of history and while encouraging civil protests, not condone or promote the kind of lawlessness and uncivilized behavior displayed by the OCCUPY movement for example. While there are those who hate the Tea Party, you can't deny that they should be a benchmark for how a civil protest should be conducted.
    So bias is fine, as long as it is bias you agree with. That certainly explains a few things...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,034

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Schools have given out far more severe punishment than that for absence to do protests. They just have to prove that the punishment was as a result of student conduct and not another contingency.

    The school was in the right to give an unexcused absence to these students.
    That's your opinion.

    IMO it's barely relevant to the topic.

    And it points out that their protests are indeed being quashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #256
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That's your opinion.

    IMO it's barely relevant to the topic.

    And it points out that their protests are indeed being quashed.
    No, that's the law.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #257
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    I'm guessing you have never really looked at the curriculum of a high school history class.

    This town is about 45 miles away.

    The teachers complained (held a 'brown-out) because some liberal fatted calves were deleted from the criteria, and replaced with facts. When the brown-out didn't work, they rallied the students (through lies and distortions) to protest.

    Same ol' story .... the teachers are not there to educate; their goal was to indoctrinate.
    What exactly are those "liberal fatted calves", and what exactly are the "facts" that replaced them? Since you seem to know, maybe you can share with us.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #258
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    They need to get the conversation started however. Which they succeeded in doing.

    Are you suggesting that the discussions will be conducted in an unintelligent manner?
    Absolutely not, however, I've long since believed that in order for one to get things changed one must maneuver into position of power to get said changes or bring in someone who is in a position of power in a discreet manner to change said things.

    My father along with the citizens of Shelton completely changed the PD and the U.S never and will never know about it. Hell I tried so hard to google search it, page after page. Couldn't find anything. Not even on the DoJ's website.

    Anyways, like I said, things can be done in a more intelligent manner than sign waiving. Very few situations have ever called for sign waiving.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #259
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,034

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    No, that's the law.
    I just reread it. It says they are not being punished. That they are being given, as you said, unauthorized absences.' Big deal...they must mean little since they are not 'punishment.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #260
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Hundreds of Colorado students protest history curriculum[W:234]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What exactly are those "liberal fatted calves", and what exactly are the "facts" that replaced them? Since you seem to know, maybe you can share with us.
    lol must be a rhetorical question! (oops did I call you out?)
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •