Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 98

Thread: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

  1. #61
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I could agree with you that a scumbag doesn't in fact admit to their crimes. Can we compromise and agree on "low character ****weasel?"
    The act itself was stupid and dishonest... But unlike most, he didn't run around denying what he did and claiming he was the innocent victim of a political conspiricy.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    Re: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    "Yes, I'm guilty, but I'm being unfairly targeted."

    Scumbag.

    please refrain from that langauge...

    He is far from that and he is 100% correct in what he said.. he was only "caught" because he was a target of Obamas intimidation machine..

  3. #63
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,211

    Re: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    He never used it as an excuse for his actions... He was singled out for prosecution and that's a fact.

    There's no excuse for breaking the law and like I said, he is now paying the price for it... At least he manned up for what he did instead of pulling a Blago or Birtha Lewis.
    Or a Charlie Rangel or a Tim Geithner, who did a "oops I made a mistake" after being caught.

    Rangel was the chair of the Ways and Means Committee -which is responsible for the tax code that impacts every single one of us - while he was breaking more than a single law he was tasked with upholding. And he never saw a minute of jail time nor community center living - and he remains in Congress to this day.

  4. #64
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    The act itself was stupid and dishonest... But unlike most, he didn't run around denying what he did and claiming he was the innocent victim of a political conspiricy.
    Of course he couldn't deny it...he had no defense. So his next course of action was to complain that he was caught, which he did because he has no character and he doesn't feel any remorse over what he did, just that he was caught.

  5. #65
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    He didn't "man up," he was caught. And then after being caught he cried to the press like a little bitch that he was being unfairly targeted. He's a low character ****weasel.
    Did he ever deny the charges? No..

    Was he unfairly targeted? Yes...

    Sounds to me like you're letting your personal hatred cloud your judgement.

  6. #66
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Did he ever deny the charges? No..

    Was he unfairly targeted? Yes...

    Sounds to me like you're letting your personal hatred cloud your judgement.

    how was he guilty yet "unfairly targeted"?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #67
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

    Here's how that Fox interview would have gone down if D'Souza had character and was not, in fact, a low-character ****weasel:

    Kelly: "So, Mr. D'Souza, looks like you were caught being a bad boy."
    D'Souza: "Yup, it certainly appears that way."
    Kelly: "But wouldn't you say that you were being unfairly targeted?"
    D'Souza: "Kelly, I don't know, maybe I was, maybe I wasn't, but let's not try to change the subject. The point is I broke the law and I'm paying the price for it. That's it."
    Kelly: "Yes, but-"
    D'Souza: "Kelly, there is no 'but.' I knew what I did was illegal and I got busted. That's it. Here's the thing you really need to remember here: if I hadn't committed a crime, I wouldn't be here right now."
    Kelly: "But the prosecutor-"
    D'Souza: "Kelly, just stop. Let me reiterate: If I hadn't committed this crime, I'd be home right now binging on Orange is the New Black, because I have absolutely terrible taste in television."
    Kelly: "......"
    D'Souza: "......"
    Kelly: "Um..."
    D'Souza: "Yyyyup."
    Kelly: "Okay, um...Dinesh D'Souza, everybody. We'll return after these messages."

  8. #68
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    You beat me to that one. He ruined lives in violating the public trust while lining his pockets to support his extravagant lifestyle. He deserved well more than he will end up serving.
    Madoff put people in the poorhouse by stealing their life's savings. that is malum per se. what DD did is malum prohibitum

    meaning it is illegal because laws are passed saying its illegal-not because it is objectively wrong

    for people like Madoff, the best punishment is to impoverish them and force them to spend the rest of their years on earth working off what they took from other. Madoff is brilliant so he can use his intelligence to help enrich those he cheated

    as to DD-its a stupid law that should not exist in the first place



  9. #69
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    how was he guilty yet "unfairly targeted"?
    Some conservatives apparently think that prosecutors are supposed to abide by a quota system, I guess.

    "So, up next is D'Souza, who appears to have given illegal contributions."
    "Nope, stop right there. We already prosecuted a conservative last week. We need to focus on a liberal this week."

  10. #70
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: DíSouza Is Spared Prison Time for Campaign Finance Violations

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Madoff put people in the poorhouse by stealing their life's savings. that is malum per se. what DD did is malum prohibitum

    meaning it is illegal because laws are passed saying its illegal-not because it is objectively wrong

    for people like Madoff, the best punishment is to impoverish them and force them to spend the rest of their years on earth working off what they took from other. Madoff is brilliant so he can use his intelligence to help enrich those he cheated

    as to DD-its a stupid law that should not exist in the first place
    I like that punishment. It fits the crime and does everybody a world more good than sitting in prison.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •