Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 807

Thread: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria[W:354]

  1. #351
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

    On this issue at hand, rather than the partisan bickering going on in this thread, I wish the US and its allies in this endeavour great success, particularly for the good people in the various countries who are having their lives and livelihoods destroyed, as witnessed by the 130,000 or so who have fled across the Syrian/Turkey border the past few days seeking safe haven from IS.

    I saw a picture in the newspaper over the weekend of a young Syrian boy at the funeral of his father and it would break your heart to see the anguish and pain on that poor young soul's face. This world is truly messed up.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Ah.....I see, so really no expertise and just a wide paint brush. Okay.....I'm cool with it.
    You need a wide paint brush when dealing with runaway conservative views. It's like turning on the light in a basement. The roaches scurry quickly and must be dealt with over a large area.

    I would think that conservatives would be in favor of these air strikes. After all didn't they complain when Obama brought the troops home, saying that we should continue to fight. Now that he is fighting, you bitch that we are engaged. I guess you are upset that American troops aren't used to invade.

    How many soldiers must die to satisfy your right-wing lust for war?

  3. #353
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

    Being somewhat conservative myself, I have no cockroaches in my basement. Just sayin'.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #354
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,923

    Re: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

    Moderator's Warning:
    US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria[W:354]The bickering, snarking and personal comparisons need to stop. This is not about y'all. Return to the topic and only the topic.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    You need a wide paint brush when dealing with runaway conservative views. It's like turning on the light in a basement. The roaches scurry quickly and must be dealt with over a large area.

    I would think that conservatives would be in favor of these air strikes. After all didn't they complain when Obama brought the troops home, saying that we should continue to fight. Now that he is fighting, you bitch that we are engaged. I guess you are upset that American troops aren't used to invade.

    How many soldiers must die to satisfy your right-wing lust for war?


    Well, with you being behind the times around here and not knowing what I have said about things.....Even though I have repeatedly pointed out my position. (so read around) Nor you really even being much up on anything, over this Issue. Other than to rush in crying about people and what they have to say about YOUR MAN. Does leave you coming light to the table.

    Although I already did know.....one cannot win a War without Boots on the ground. Just sayin.

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Obama WAS keeping a small presence in Iraq to keep the peace but it exploded anyway.
    How small was this small prescence and how did it compare with what the military recommended?
    Dubya's doctrine was to support a corrupt government under Maliki which made ISIS possible, I may dislike Obama but he was strictly following Dubya's policy on this.
    No, he was not. In fact Obama acted against the advice of the Bush Administration.
    So Dubya is as much to blame for getting the US into this mess as Obama has.
    False again. When Obama pulled the ttroops from Iraq he said the country was 'stable' and Biden called it their 'greatest achievement'.

    If Saddam Hussein had stayed in power this wouldnt have happened.
    You have no idea what might have happened.
    All Dubya did was replace a brutal dictator who tortured his own people with a group of sadistic terrorists who are exporting their war internationally- Bush Jr. has done more to help terrorists than any previous president and Obama is just as bad.
    Bush introduced democracy to Iraq and the country was 'stable'. Even Obama admitted that. The problems began when Obama, against all advice, pulled the troops.

  7. #357
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    So you think we should have just sat on the sidelines letting a cancer fester?
    Well given our record for intervention...yes. Things seem to end up worse when we involve ourselves.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #358
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

    When Iraq denied our troops amnesty, thus forcing them to abide by their barbaric and archaic laws and punishments, I would have pulled them out too.

    Screw Iraq.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    On this issue at hand, rather than the partisan bickering going on in this thread, I wish the US and its allies in this endeavour great success, particularly for the good people in the various countries who are having their lives and livelihoods destroyed, as witnessed by the 130,000 or so who have fled across the Syrian/Turkey border the past few days seeking safe haven from IS.

    I saw a picture in the newspaper over the weekend of a young Syrian boy at the funeral of his father and it would break your heart to see the anguish and pain on that poor young soul's face. This world is truly messed up.
    Mornin CJ. Hopefully we hurt them enough to stop them from moving on the Kurds. But its going to be their move next. Sunday they came out and threatened to go after US and French Civilians. That Sunday.....their Supporters in Algeria took a French Citizen. In direct response to what ISIS had put out.

    Then they came out and told their Supporters to go after US Military. To find their homes and kill them there. I put them up in the Concerning ISIS thread in Military.

  10. #360
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin CJ. Hopefully we hurt them enough to stop them from moving on the Kurds. But its going to be their move next. Sunday they came out and threatened to go after US and French Civilians. That Sunday.....their Supporters in Algeria took a French Citizen. In direct response to what ISIS had put out.

    Then they came out and told their Supporters to go after US Military. To find their homes and kill them there. I put them up in the Concerning ISIS thread in Military.
    Good morning MMC - that's similar to the video that's been making the rounds here that included Canadians in the IS threat to simply kill any citizen of the coalition in any manner possible. It's a fear tactic, plain and simple - and an act of desperation, for the most part.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •