Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

    '(Reuters) - The failed Scottish vote to pull out from the United Kingdom stirred secessionist hopes for some in the United States, where almost a quarter of people are open to their states leaving the union, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll found.

    Some 23.9 percent of Americans polled from Aug. 23 through Sept. 16 said they strongly supported or tended to support the idea of their state breaking away, while 53.3 percent of the 8,952 respondents strongly opposed or tended to oppose the notion.'


    Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession | Reuters

    I bet you the Scotish referendum was making a lot of world leaders a tad nervous.

  2. #2
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    '(Reuters) - The failed Scottish vote to pull out from the United Kingdom stirred secessionist hopes for some in the United States, where almost a quarter of people are open to their states leaving the union, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll found.

    Some 23.9 percent of Americans polled from Aug. 23 through Sept. 16 said they strongly supported or tended to support the idea of their state breaking away, while 53.3 percent of the 8,952 respondents strongly opposed or tended to oppose the notion.'


    Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession | Reuters

    I bet you the Scotish referendum was making a lot of world leaders a tad nervous.
    A lot? A lot of the world leaders are already dealing with revolt/civi war/breakaway regions.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    A lot? A lot of the world leaders are already dealing with revolt/civi war/breakaway regions.
    I said 'world leaders', not leaders of mid-lower pack countries.

    I don't consider Assad (for example) a 'world leader'.

    I am talking about G20 countries, for example.

  4. #4
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,767

    Re: Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

    I'm open to the military installations in states like Texas and South Carolina moving back to the USA.
    This was one of many ideas used to convince Scots to vote NO.

    As well, Texas doesn't get any more stimulus and we'll just get our fossil fuels from a more friendly country.
    Watch how fast Americans boycott those secessionists.
    And they can pay for their own border problems.

    I still remember a group of seceders in Northeast Colorado being interviewed.
    Not a single one of these Nullifiers had the temerity to say they'd secede .

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    A lot? A lot of the world leaders are already dealing with revolt/civi war/breakaway regions.
    Physics is Phun

  5. #5
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,767

    Re: Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

    dupe post-----choppy surfing
    Physics is Phun

  6. #6
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

    Scotland and some States in USA want to secede. While we want to be unseceded from Albania any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  7. #7
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I said 'world leaders', not leaders of mid-lower pack countries.

    I don't consider Assad (for example) a 'world leader'.

    I am talking about G20 countries, for example.
    Oh well, in that case I roll with that then. Just made me stop and wonder if we were living on the same planet, because your's sounded nicer.

  8. #8
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I'm open to the military installations in states like Texas and South Carolina moving back to the USA.
    This was one of many ideas used to convince Scots to vote NO.

    As well, Texas doesn't get any more stimulus and we'll just get our fossil fuels from a more friendly country.
    Watch how fast Americans boycott those secessionists.
    And they can pay for their own border problems.

    I still remember a group of seceders in Northeast Colorado being interviewed.
    Not a single one of these Nullifiers had the temerity to say they'd secede .
    Has any secessionist movement in the US ever rose to the same levels of Quebec or Scotland? It not, then why are you bringing them up?

  9. #9
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,767

    Re: Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

    Becaue we hear their faux outrage on any number of occasions--Perry uses it whenever it's convenient.
    Northeast Colorado the same--Northern California wants to be a separate state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Has any secessionist movement in the US ever rose to the same levels of
    Quebec or Scotland? It not, then why are you bringing them up?
    I'd say the Civil war certainly did.
    And the mental civil war is still going on below the 40th parallel as you know from where you live .
    Physics is Phun

  10. #10
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Becaue we hear their faux outrage on any number of occasions--Perry uses it whenever it's convenient.
    Northeast Colorado the same--Northern California wants to be a separate state.

    I'd say the Civil war certainly did.
    And the mental civil war is still going on below the 40th parallel as you know from where you live .
    Touche, I should of specified "modern secessionist movement". And there's not "civil war" happening in the US, except for the one the media likes to pump up. Most Americans honestly don't give a **** if the country goes one or the other sadly. But even if they did, it would have everything to do with the way the government is being run and nothing else. Also, I don't see states wanting to break apart as being the same thing as wanting to break away from the country. Personally, I think it's a fine idea if Northern California or Northern Colorado wanted to break off and form new states if they feel like their government isn't serving their needs and interests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •