Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

  1. #1
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    By Robert Patrick rpatrick@ ~ ... and Kim Bell kbell@ ~ ...


    ST. LOUIS • Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson testified for almost four hours Tuesday in front of a St. Louis County grand jury investigating his Aug. 9 shooting of Michael Brown, a source with knowledge of the investigation said Wednesday.

    Wilson was not obligated to testify, and also has spoken with St. Louis County investigators twice and federal investigators once, the source said. The source said that Wilson had been “cooperative.”

    [...]

    Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown : News


    Unlikely his attorney would have allowed him to testify if he thought charges were going to be brought.


    And for those who do not know. Dorian Johnson has already testified also.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #2
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    By Robert Patrick rpatrick@ ~ ... and Kim Bell kbell@ ~ ...


    ST. LOUIS • Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson testified for almost four hours Tuesday in front of a St. Louis County grand jury investigating his Aug. 9 shooting of Michael Brown, a source with knowledge of the investigation said Wednesday.

    Wilson was not obligated to testify, and also has spoken with St. Louis County investigators twice and federal investigators once, the source said. The source said that Wilson had been “cooperative.”

    [...]

    Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown : News


    Unlikely his attorney would have allowed him to testify if he thought charges were going to be brought.


    And for those who do not know. Dorian Johnson has already testified also.
    Sounds to me like Officer Wilson is an honorable man and regardless of attorney advice wanted to let his side of the story be told because he feels he acted appropriately.

    I'm glad to see this happen - personally, I've seen far too many police officers here in Toronto refuse to cooperate with investigations into incidents where a member of the public is seriously injured or killed.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Sounds to me like Officer Wilson is an honorable man and regardless of attorney advice wanted to let his side of the story be told because he feels he acted appropriately.
    While I agree with the sentiment, I have no idea how you arrived at such underlined conclusions. For all we know it is exactly what his attorney wanted.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #4
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    While I agree with the sentiment, I have no idea how you arrived at such underlined conclusions. For all we know it is exactly what his attorney wanted.
    I came to that conclusion because it happens here all the time - what we refer to as a "subject" officer as opposed to "witness" officers are almost always advised by police union legal counsel not to say a word and not to cooperate with any investigation. I think it does more harm than good, but I'm not a lawyer. I just think it's refreshing to see this happen in such a high profile matter as this Ferguson case and it makes me feel more comfortable in my initial support for the officer's actions from the limited information we had.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And for those who do not know. Dorian Johnson has already testified also.
    Correction. That was my assumption.

    https://twitter.com/Nettles18/status...399427/photo/1
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #6
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    The Feds will burn him for civil rights violations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Feds will burn him for civil rights violations.
    Highly unlikely.


    Didn't you say that about Zimmerman also?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Highly unlikely.


    Didn't you say that about Zimmerman also?
    We'll see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #9
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,184

    Re: Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Correction. That was my assumption.

    https://twitter.com/Nettles18/status...399427/photo/1
    Is Dorian Johnson the kid who was with Brown in the store and on the street that night?

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Ferguson officer appears before grand jury on shooting of Michael Brown

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Is Dorian Johnson the kid who was with Brown in the store and on the street that night?
    Yes, that was him.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •