Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 391

Thread: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a [W:391]

  1. #271
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a mach

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I rarely get an order messed up if I do it faced to face.
    You're a luckier man than I, Gunga Din.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #272
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,116

    Re: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a mach

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You're a luckier man than I, Gunga Din.
    CUstomer service these days has devolved into "How do I get this person out of my face?" If you are standing in their face they tend to get it right because that is what will get you out of their face. If you are doing the drive by... they know you will be gone and will have to weigh turning around to get it right when you do find out it was wrong. So they care less about drive throughs IMO because you are already out of their face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #273
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,861

    Re: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a mach

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Well I thought the burgers were fine, but nothing special (certainly better than McDs) but the fries.....who likes them that way?

    (And McDs really does have excellent fries)
    I don't know what's happening at your Five Guys, but where I am the fries are excellent. They make them to order, so they come out extremely hot and fresh. We always split a small order, which is huge, and despite knowing better eat them all. It's by far the best fast place for burgers in my area.

    It's true IME you can't carry them home and have the fries be any good - tried that one time and never again.
    Last edited by JasperL; 09-18-14 at 11:46 PM.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a mach

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    CUstomer service these days has devolved into "How do I get this person out of my face?" If you are standing in their face they tend to get it right because that is what will get you out of their face. If you are doing the drive by... they know you will be gone and will have to weigh turning around to get it right when you do find out it was wrong. So they care less about drive throughs IMO because you are already out of their face.
    And I wish that was true but, at least locally, it isn't. It takes forever to get even the simplest order made, I thought this was supposed to be fast food, but apparently, standing around for 5-10 minutes, even when you're the only one in the lobby, is "fast". And when they give you the order, you have to disassemble it on the counter to make sure they put everything in the bag because most of the time, they don't. This isn't just one McDonalds, it's all of them that I've been to in the past 15 years locally. Drive thru might be even worse, I don't know, I don't go through drive thru because I figured inside would be better. It doesn't meet my standards, which is why I tend to avoid McDonalds unless I have no choice.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #275
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,025

    Re: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a mach

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I don't know what's happening at your Five Guys, but where I am the fries are excellent. They make them to order, so they come out extremely hot and fresh. We always split a small order, which is huge, and despite knowing better eat them all. It's by far the best fast place for burgers in my area.

    It's true IME you can't carry them home and have the fries be any good - tried that one time and never again.
    Are they limp and soggy with peanut oil or are they crispy....that's all I want to know.

    I've been to 2 Five Guys and ate them there... fries have been limp both times.

    Ladies NEVER like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a mach

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Are they limp and soggy with peanut oil or are they crispy....that's all I want to know.

    I've been to 2 Five Guys and ate them there... fries have been limp both times.

    Ladies NEVER like that.
    What if they are lesbians?


  7. #277
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,861

    Re: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a mach

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Are they limp and soggy with peanut oil or are they crispy....that's all I want to know.

    I've been to 2 Five Guys and ate them there... fries have been limp both times.

    Ladies NEVER like that.
    I understand - limp is bad....

    But in our location, they're good. Not crispy like McD fries, but the only soggy fries I've had were the ones I took home, and those were 15 minutes out of the fryer before we started eating. In the restaurant, they're usually 10 seconds out when they hand you the bag.

    Maybe it's just a preference thing, or maybe our location does something different, but I love them and so does my wife. I had to fast for nearly two days this week for a routine medical procedure, and we went to Five Guys on the way home from the hospital because we didn't have time for a sit down restaurant, it was fast and that's what I was craving.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-05-15 @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    632

    Re: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a mach

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What? Are 5 Guys fries supposed to be limp and soggy with oil? I've had them twice and they were like that both times. Ugh.
    Did you wait until you got home to eat them? They're made with real lard and are delicious.

  9. #279
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,025

    Re: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a mach

    Quote Originally Posted by face, your View Post
    Did you wait until you got home to eat them? They're made with real lard and are delicious.
    Nope, ate them there. Limp. Supposedly they are made with peanut oil.

    SOunds good...but still didnt work. Poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,787

    Re: McDonald’s fresh hope to turn around slumping sales: Ordering burgers from a mach

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do like the idea of the tablet due to the fact people can misunderstand.I know there has been more than one occasion I ordered a unsweetened iced tea and got a sweet iced tea.I can see why restaurants would want these tablets. Waiters can't be everywhere at once and customers might order additional food and drinls if they do not have to wait for their waiter who is currently busy at another table. These companies make billions of dollars even after expenses.So they can afford to pay their employees a little more.
    It is very refreshing to hear a self-professed conservative talk like this.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •