Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 387

Thread: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

  1. #321
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Impressive.
    Yeppers... when you write generalized garbage it can be morphed rather easily. I've read your posts before and you're much smarter than what you wrote there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #322
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Yep, it would be a cold day in Hell when I vote for Sanders. The scary thing is, if Obama got elected, then who the hell doesn't have a shot?

    There are lots of people on the left in this country that don't give a hoot about what this country was founded on, and will blissfully vote for anyone with a "D" next to his/her name because, awe shucks, he cares about the people.
    You're such a partisan.

    United States President Barack Obama, a member of the Democratic Party, was endorsed or supported by some members of the Republican Party and by some political figures holding conservative views in the 2008 election. Republican and conservative Obama supporters were often referred to as "Obama Republicans", "Obamacans" or "Obamacons".[1]

    Republican and conservative supporters of Obama included elected officials, former elected officials, academics, commentators, and retired military officers. According to exit polls on Election Day, 9% of those who identified themselves as Republicans voted for Barack Obama,[2] up slightly from the 6% of self-identified Republicans who voted for John Kerry in 2004.[3]

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repub..._Obama_in_2008

    Final Tally Shows Obama First Since ’56 to Win 51% Twice.

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-51-twice.html
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #323
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,571

    Re: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Yep, it would be a cold day in Hell when I wouldn't vote for Sanders. The scary thing is, if Bush got elected, then who the hell doesn't have a shot?

    There are lots of people on the right in this country that don't give a hoot about what this country was founded on, and will blissfully vote for anyone with a "R" next to his/her name because, awe shucks, he cares about the people
    And, we need only go back to the lase election to prove you wrong. Two inferior candidates. People on the right were not excited about Romney, and did not come out and vote for him, even though you claim they do because he had an "R" next to his name. Yet, the left voted for Obama, perhaps the least qualified candidate ever, and compound that by the fact that he already served one term and proved that he was not up to the job.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #324
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    And, we need only go back to the lase election to prove you wrong. Two inferior candidates. People on the right were not excited about Romney, and did not come out and vote for him, even though you claim they do because he had an "R" next to his name. Yet, the left voted for Obama, perhaps the least qualified candidate ever, and compound that by the fact that he already served one term and proved that he was not up to the job.
    That's just opinion. You are dismissing others' opinions and trying to state it as fact. Just because you don't agree with their opinion doesn't mean you know their view of Obama. They apparently DID think he was qualified and had a good first term. Your opinion doesn't supersede theirs. In fact, it was apparently an inferior opinion if you use the election as a measure.

    And yes, Romney wasn't someone to get much voter excitement over, but your guy's selection was rather thin to choose from this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #325
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,847

    Re: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Yep, it would be a cold day in Hell when I wouldn't vote for Sanders. The scary thing is, if Bush got elected, then who the hell doesn't have a shot?

    There are lots of people on the right in this country that don't give a hoot about what this country was founded on, and will blissfully vote for anyone with a "R" next to his/her name because, awe shucks, he cares about the people
    I'm sure there are places in the country where voters just vote straight D tickets, but I just saw the worst example of it in my city in my lifetime at least. We had a Chancellor, who was the best Chancellor in my county, lawyers loved being in his court because he was predictable and fair and knew his stuff - no surprises. Anyway, he's a democrat and some yahoo, with a failed law practice and three attempts to pass the bar and no endorsements even from the GOP because he's an incompetent fool, but he gets on the ballot with an R next to his name..... and wins by 7 points. Pretty sad really.

  6. #326
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Not to be outdone by Conservative extremists, Liberals may have an extremist of their own running in 2016. To that I say "Run Bernie Run". This would definitely stop Hillary Clinton from gaining the White House. Her Neoliberal positions are every bit as dangerous as the Neocons were, and to be honest, I would rather see a Republican who is not a Neocon in office over Hillary.

    Discussion?

    Article is here.

    I like Sanders...however, the small amount of support that he would garner running for President will not put a dent into Hilary's support. If Hilary runs, the nomination and the Whitehouse are hers. There isn't anybody currently out there that will stop her.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #327
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Yet, the left voted for Obama, perhaps the least qualified candidate ever, and compound that by the fact that he already served one term and proved that he was not up to the job.
    Is it "IRONY" that almost always, without fail.....those who claim that "Obama is the least qualified candidate ever", almost always voted for GWB...not only once...but twice?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #328
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,571

    Re: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Is it "IRONY" that almost always, without fail.....those who claim that "Obama is the least qualified candidate ever", almost always voted for GWB...not only once...but twice?
    Please make a point, what am I supposed to respond to? I didn't vote for Bush twice, BTW. Hope that didn't ruin your day.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #329
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Please make a point, what am I supposed to respond to? I didn't vote for Bush twice, BTW. Hope that didn't ruin your day.
    You then.....are not the norm
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Not to be outdone by Conservative extremists, Liberals may have an extremist of their own running in 2016. To that I say "Run Bernie Run". This would definitely stop Hillary Clinton from gaining the White House. Her Neoliberal positions are every bit as dangerous as the Neocons were, and to be honest, I would rather see a Republican who is not a Neocon in office over Hillary.

    Discussion?

    Article is here.
    I think RINO's and progressives alike are aristocrats with authoritarian attitudes...

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •