Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

  1. #31
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    The guy was stupid.

    The guy had a four year old daughter...she should have been his first priority, not running around the Middle East in a dangerous fashion playing Robin Hood.
    He should have stayed home, helped raise his daughter and volunteered for local charities.
    Humanitarian work is a valuable undertaking that few are actually willing to do. To call the man stupid, especially after being killed in such a brutal fashion, is both callous and ignorant.

  2. #32
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    The guy was stupid.

    The guy had a four year old daughter...she should have been his first priority, not running around the Middle East in a dangerous fashion playing Robin Hood.
    He should have stayed home, helped raise his daughter and volunteered for local charities.

    Not sure if serious.

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,886

    Re: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    The guy was stupid.

    The guy had a four year old daughter...she should have been his first priority, not running around the Middle East in a dangerous fashion playing Robin Hood.
    He should have stayed home, helped raise his daughter and volunteered for local charities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    At some point, you should realize a region is dead and leave it to die.

    If you go to aid suffering people there while knowing these guys are out and about you receive none of my sympathies.

    What he did was righteous, wonderful, but this was expected. Only a foolish Westerner outside of a military would be in that region of the ME.
    He wouldn't want any of your "sympathies". He didn't go there for YOU he went there to assist in a humanitarian role to help those less fortunate than himself. Who the hell are you to call him stupid or foolish for getting off his arse and actively living what he believed in.

    While many sit on their asses behind their keyboards, faking outrage at the injustices carried out against the people in the ME at the hands of ISIS and other extemists groups, he actually got off his ass and tried to make a difference by helping those in need. At least he died living his life doing what he was passionate about and believed in.

  4. #34
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,681

    Re: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

    I like how people here are blaming the air strikes on the beheading when the guy beheaded was their to provide humanitarian aid.

    ISIS and those like them want us dead for our free societies which are anathema to their vision of an Islamic state. They hate us for our compelling alternative to brutal theocratic hegemony. They fear the humanitarian Christian more than they fear bombs.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #35
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Its retaliation pure and simple- since they dont have drones or smart bombs they use terrorism. If they had better weapons you can bet they'd use them too.
    AH..yes. THATS all this is about. Its 'retaliation'. Their own fault, really. Brought it on themselves they did.

    And the 200+ children that were round up and beheaded, raped, had their heads crushed with stones in front of each other, were hung with ravor wire from buildings...they...well...that was their fault too. Shouldnt have been Christians. SHould have known better.

  6. #36
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    He wouldn't want any of your "sympathies". He didn't go there for YOU he went there to assist in a humanitarian role to help those less fortunate than himself. Who the hell are you to call him stupid or foolish for getting off his arse and actively living what he believed in.

    While many sit on their asses behind their keyboards, faking outrage at the injustices carried out against the people in the ME at the hands of ISIS and other extemists groups, he actually got off his ass and tried to make a difference by helping those in need. At least he died living his life doing what he was passionate about and believed in.
    He got off his ass and ended up once again on his ass.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #37
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    At some point, you should realize a region is dead and leave it to die.

    If you go to aid suffering people there while knowing these guys are out and about you receive none of my sympathies.

    What he did was righteous, wonderful, but this was expected. Only a foolish Westerner outside of a military would be in that region of the ME.
    Do you believe the same thing about firemen rushing in to burning buildings attempting to save lives?

  8. #38
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Do you believe the same thing about firemen rushing in to burning buildings attempting to save lives?
    There's a difference, one has a chance of survival, the other has absolutely none. One will actually make a difference if killed, one will never.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #39
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Its retaliation pure and simple- since they dont have drones or smart bombs they use terrorism. If they had better weapons you can bet they'd use them too.
    Yep - how dare anyone try to stop a group of savages on an ethnic/religious cleansing mission?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #40
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: ISIS appears to execute British aid worker David Haines

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And the moral is...

    ...if you are non-Middle Eastern, stay the 'f' away from the Middle East...no matter how innocent your intentions.
    Allu ackbar?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •