Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 140

Thread: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas

  1. #71
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Gold digging doesn't work anyway because the doctor reported it, not the mother.
    Good point, but let me ask, why was the child brought to a doctor? The injuries look abusive and excessive to me, but they seem to be superficial wounds that would eventually heal by themselves. My guess is that some of the cuts were left in sensitive areas where the mother wanted a doctor's advice. Or perhaps she was looking for some type of pain relief for her son. In any even, if she was a gold digger--as some have claimed--she would have went directly to the police.

    This is a sad story, indeed. I am one of rare opinion that hand spanking is not necessarily a bad thing when it comes to administering punishment to a child. But using a object that breaks the skin and inflicting it on sensitive parts is way beyond discipline. That sad part is, I don't think Peterson is a bad person for doing this. I just think it's all he knows. And judging from interviews, he does not strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. I hope he gets the help he needs.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  2. #72
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately, I and many others did not suffer such. Even more fortunately, society has progressed to the point where many would-be abusers have heard and understand the impacts of physical abuse against children.

    I hope that you don't still have problems to get through because of your abuse, and I hope you have or will fully recover from being treated like an animal by animals.
    Ya Know you post seems a little sanctimonious to me. While the photos show a severe punishment, it is hardly appropriate to call it, with such certainty, child abuse. What if the child did indeed deserve punishment for a behavior that was more potentially dangerous than the spanking? Could this discipline save his life? Or even create a disincentive to much greater problems.

    What if the boy punched a girl and knocked her down? What if he was caught stealing pills?

    I agree the punishment was severe and I do not condone using a switch, however this is not an injury, it is a painful and unfortunate form of discipline.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  3. #73
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately, I and many others did not suffer such. Even more fortunately, society has progressed to the point where many would-be abusers have heard and understand the impacts of physical abuse against children.

    I hope that you don't still have problems to get through because of your abuse, and I hope you have or will fully recover from being treated like an animal by animals.
    After hearing a few more details on the news; I change my mind. This may have been abuse. Hearing that the child fears his father, and that there "is a spanking room" sounds like this may not be selective punishment, but a frequent form of brutal treatment.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  4. #74
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,151

    Re: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    What will almost certainly occur pre-trial is that Peterson's defense lawyer will bargain for a guilty plea to a lesser charge. If convicted in court on the original count, Peterson would probably avoid jail and be sentenced to supervisory probation along with anger management classes and family counseling.
    In other words, the usual celebrity punishment: A slap on the wrist and a "Don't do it again".

  5. #75
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Times have definitely changed. Getting a whuppin with a 'switch' wouldnt have registered a complaint not to long ago.
    My dad spanked me with a belt when I was little, and yes sometimes it left marks. However still to this day he is the most patient man I've ever met. I've never heard him raise his voice, and when he spanked us it was never in anger. I'm not traumatized at all!! In the same breath, this little boy had a bruise to the groin area which tells me that he got carried away with his discipline.

  6. #76
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,696

    Re: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
    My dad spanked me with a belt when I was little, and yes sometimes it left marks. However still to this day he is the most patient man I've ever met. I've never heard him raise his voice, and when he spanked us it was never in anger. I'm not traumatized at all!! In the same breath, this little boy had a bruise to the groin area which tells me that he got carried away with his discipline.
    Agreed. Marks on the torso and legs are all pretty clear indicators to me that it would be qualified as abusive. When I read the first accounts I thought "switch"? Hell...get back to me when you have a half crazed foster mother using the heel end of her high heels. A switch is something granny used. But that was before I saw the pictures.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas

    I'm all for corporal punishment. Kids that don't get it are typically the wildest and most ill-behaved you come across. They struggle in life.

    However, this is ridiculous. A welt or two is one thing, but that was a bludgeoning. And NEVER should a 4-year-old get a spanking with a belt or switch. You can make your point with a small child with a sharp scolding and a stern pat on the butt.

  8. #78
    Educator Meadowlark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-16 @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    750

    Re: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas

    Sad, this child is only 4 years old.

    Here's another good article and in the first video,
    shown is the type of tree branch used and leaves stuffed into the child's mouth along with other details of the case.

    Adrian Peterson Indicted For Child Abuse, Turns Himself In CBS Minnesota

  9. #79
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    Sad, this child is only 4 years old.

    Here's another good article and in the first video,
    shown is the type of tree branch used and leaves stuffed into the child's mouth along with other details of the case.

    Adrian Peterson Indicted For Child Abuse, Turns Himself In CBS Minnesota
    I will admit I have spanked my children when it was warranted. I never drew blood, I never left a mark, I never forced anything down their throats. I reserved judgment when I first heard this story break over the weekend, preferring to let the justice system do its work, but the evidence we've seen so far is pretty damning.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Adrian Peterson indicted in child injury case in Texas


Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •