Page 91 of 115 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1150

Thread: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl[W:641]

  1. #901
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    Re: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A college degree gaurantees nothing.
    I hear it does wonders for spelling.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  2. #902
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Your denigration of working people and your personal attack on someone's children has been noted. Enough said, except I will remind you of this when you criticize anyone on this board for making a comment on Michelle Obama or her children, or the children and spouse of anyone else for that matter.
    Sarah is being criticized for the right reasons. Her family was in a brawl and none of her kids went to college. She's a terrible parent and that family is pure trash. That you prople don't see it is not my problem. It does explain a lot though.

  3. #903
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Hardly germane to the conversation at hand.... No VP's campaign... they are selected. Are you trying to refute the argument at Palin is our generation's biggest beneficiary of affirmative action (she got promoted over the equally to more qualified because she was a woman), because she did not have the chance to "earn" the job? If so, its a weak retort.

    The VP is almost always an 'affirmative action' selection in that the candidate wants a capable warm body (the "best" or "most qualified" is rarely a criteria and never the only criteria) that fills a particular demographic criteria deemed advantageous to the campaign. In 2008, that criteria was "female conservative".





    Obama was running for US Senate. He was already considered a rising star in the Democratic Party (which you would know, given your trading card collection) and known for his oratory skills. Being selected to speak at a party convention is a normal step to showcase a rising star. (Each party does this...but, why am I telling you, you are the astute observer?) It is not even remotely comparable to waking up one morning as mayor of Alaska and going to bed that evening as heartbeat away (and a 72 year old heart, at that) from the most powerful position in the world, all because one person selected you. You had a great analogy, which was comparing Palin's selection to that of Ferraro's.... those are the same thing..... two people selected substantially because they were women.

    Palin's leap from obscurity to national prominence, as a result of being "selected" primarily because of her sex (unless you want to make the argument that McCain was worried about carrying Alaska), is much different than what Obama did, which was to earn his stripes following the traditional path of a rising star in a political party.
    The GOP foolishly thought they would grab up dissatisfied Hillary supporters. Being tone-deaf, which they are want to do, the idiots actually thought those voting for Hillary would migrate to her polar opposite, the "Hockey Mom."

  4. #904
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceofBachmann View Post
    Her rhetoric reminds me of the dumbest high school cheerleader on the squad, who sneaks into the boys bathroom to write stuff on the wall.
    Sarah makes the dumbest cheerleader look like Einstein.

  5. #905
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl

    The potential first family gets into a brawl reminiscent of Andrew Jackson's crew in the early 1800's, and instead of being horrified that they almost elected her to be a heartbeat away from the presidency, the morons defend her.

    No wonder I don't respect Republican voters.

  6. #906
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Blah blah blah...

    Bottom line is she has three adult kids, none went to college.
    Not just no college, but one is divorced (did he have a kid?) one had a kid in high school , and the other is a beauty school grad.

    I'm guessing most on this forum would not be hoping their own kids turn out this way. But then again, some people have low expectations.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #907
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A college degree gaurantees nothing.
    But no college degree guarantees you'll be locked out of most good careers...
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #908
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 09:18 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Not just no college, but one is divorced (did he have a kid?) one had a kid in high school , and the other is a beauty school grad.

    I'm guessing most on this forum would not be hoping their own kids turn out this way. But then again, some people have low expectations.
    Palin: A family value conservative in action! Divorce, brawls, lack of education, pregnant unmarried teens.

    That's what conservative family values really means.

  9. #909
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by FaceofBachmann View Post
    Palin: A family value conservative in action! Divorce, brawls, lack of education, pregnant unmarried teens.

    That's what conservative family values really means.
    Which is why thinking people don't support idiots like Sarah Palin.

  10. #910
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,840

    Re: Sarah Palin's Family Allegedly in Alaska House Party Brawl

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Riding mamma grizzly's coattails does not a successful kid make.
    You have told a lot of untruths in this thread trying to make your point. Though many have been pointed out, your claim that the Palin kids did not go to college is apparently a lie too.

    Seems Track, the one you claimed was a high school dropout, which was a blatant lie, was enrolled in college before he married his high school sweetheart, had a kid and worked as a commercial fisherman. A year later the couple divorced. TMZ covered the whole ordeal and stated "Track is an Army reservist and served time in Iraq. He's a commercial fisherman and plans to go back to college."
    Sarah Palin's Son Track Headed for Divorce Court | TMZ.com

    You can't "go back" to something that you have never done before.

    Not everyone earns even a bachelors in 4 years. Sometimes the choices we make in life keeps that from happening especially those who take responsibility for their choices. They usually put their personal goals on hold or take longer to reach them to fulfill those responsibilities.

    You have no way of knowing if Palin's two oldest children are enrolled in college at this time because colleges/universities do not divulge that information. Major universities offer online degrees. Certainly kids that are hounded by the press and already working and living a busy life, online classes would be a real option.

    U.S. News Releases 2014 Best Online Programs Rankings - US News

Page 91 of 115 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •