Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 442

Thread: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

  1. #431
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Why are we all still arguing? Hasn't everyone been forced to convert to the state Church of Christianity following this ruling?

    I'd hate to think the militant atheist fears were unfounded....
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #432
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,330

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Why are we all still arguing? Hasn't everyone been forced to convert to the state Church of Christianity following this ruling?

    I'd hate to think the militant atheist fears were unfounded....
    I just find it fascinating that someone can be so offended by a cross...As if it was meant to offend them directly, then throw out the establishment clause at every turn as if they can't read plain English...It's the tyranny of the minority, and in cases like this the extreme minority.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #433
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I just find it fascinating that someone can be so offended by a cross...As if it was meant to offend them directly, then throw out the establishment clause at every turn as if they can't read plain English...It's the tyranny of the minority, and in cases like this the extreme minority.
    Tyranny of the majority

    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  4. #434
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    Tyranny of the majority

    That is a rather dishonest accounting of that video.

    The majority of those in the Senate are Christian, and the "majority" amounted to three protesters who were quickly escorted off the premises. It wasn't even remotely the majority opinion of Christians at the event.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #435
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,330

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    Tyranny of the majority

    Your rebuttal is to be dishonest? Thanks for proving my point.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #436
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    That is a rather dishonest accounting of that video.

    The majority of those in the Senate are Christian, and the "majority" amounted to three protesters who were quickly escorted off the premises. It wasn't even remotely the majority opinion of Christians at the event.
    I disagree.
    Other then the speaker, I didn't hear any protests or calls to sit down and shut the **** up. Which is something I would have expected from people who 'understand' the Constitution and what freedom of religion really means.
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  7. #437
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Your rebuttal is to be dishonest? Thanks for proving my point.
    Dishonesty?

    This from the guy is has still not fixed his signature to the correct translation of the de Tocqueville quote. Maybe you should sit down...

    See post above.
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  8. #438
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    I disagree.
    Other then the speaker, I didn't hear any protests or calls to sit down and shut the **** up. Which is something I would have expected from people who 'understand' the Constitution and what freedom of religion really means.
    The protests were in the gallery and security escorted them out. I suppose you would rather a huge shouting match break out?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #439
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Why are we all still arguing? Hasn't everyone been forced to convert to the state Church of Christianity following this ruling?

    I'd hate to think the militant atheist fears were unfounded....
    For the militant atheist, merely gazing upon a Christian symbol, (Muslim and others are apparently fine) poses a grave risk.

  10. #440
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,377

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I just find it fascinating that someone can be so offended by a cross..
    No one is offended by a cross. It's the hows and the whys the cross is there that can cause concern.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •