Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 442

Thread: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What I think about what they were trying to do is irrelevant. They're a state funded university and tax payers complained about tax payer funded uniforms being used for religious reasons. If the players and athletic department don't like it, they can go to a private institution.
    The uniforms were used to play football. If the issue is money than they can probably find donors.

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Seriously? You never thought at any point that there might be some connection between the KKK and Christianity?



    Never?



    You never heard of the connection?



    Not even once?



    And those are all Democrats too!

    In fact they should hide their faces now as well.

  3. #263
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    AFAIK, I have never seen or heard anything remotely Christian from the KKK. Your links showed about as much conformance the Christianity as the Westboro Church.
    You're doing that thing where you're being purposely obtuse. The Westboro's extremist interpretation of the same dogma doesn't make them any less Christian because you don't like wha they're saying.

    (Aside from burning crosses, I've never seen or heard anything remotely related to Christianity regarding the KKK until your posts.)
    Well, alright:

    United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan - Home

    The goal of the United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is to unite White Christians through the bond of brotherhood and aid their awareness of the problems facing our country. We will show you how and when to take action (in a non violent way). The United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan is a patriotic, fraternal and law abiding organization. We uphold Christian values this country was founded on. We protect these values from those who seek to remove them from our society. Our ideology is simple, self preservation and the advancement of White Christian America. We hope that you take time to read through the wealth of information on this site and decide if membership is right for you. In the event membership is not right for you, we can use your assistance in a variety of support programs. We are an active world-wide organization striving to protect and preserve White Christian heritage and culture. If you want to play an active part in the preservation of the White race you may submit an application. For God, Race and Nation!
    Whatever you say.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #264
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And those are all Democrats too!
    Really? How did you get their party cards? What kind of circles do you run in?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #265
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    If someone wants to walk around with a cross on his helmet is not my problem. As long as it is completely and utterly of their own free choice and that the players/team/coaches then also respect the person who refuses to put a cross on their helmet because they think it does not symbolize what they believe.
    But you know that will never happen. The whole peer pressure garbage on football teams is often insurmountable. It's probly why that USC player invented a story of heroically saving his nephew rather than admit he just fell off the balcony.

    Aside from that, it's a *public university.* Courts have ruled time and again that religious symbols are forbidden. If they want to wear a damn cross so bad, they can go play for a private college.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Really? How did you get their party cards? What kind of circles do you run in?
    I know what circles the Democrats ran in!

    The difficulty for the left when they try to trash Christianity, or anyone for that matter, is that they have such a terrible history of their own.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    But you know that will never happen. The whole peer pressure garbage on football teams is often insurmountable. It's probly why that USC player invented a story of heroically saving his nephew rather than admit he just fell off the balcony.

    Aside from that, it's a *public university.* Courts have ruled time and again that religious symbols are forbidden. If they want to wear a damn cross so bad, they can go play for a private college.
    Why does the fact that players might put a cross on their helmets upset you so much? Is it really that big of a deal?

    This is taking pettiness to new levels.

  8. #268
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why does the fact that players might put a cross on their helmets upset you so much? Is it really that big of a deal?

    This is taking pettiness to new levels.
    No more a big deal as when the University removed them. No harm no foul.


  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    No more a big deal as when the University removed them. No harm no foul.
    It's becoming an ugly country.

  10. #270
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Football team forced to remove crosses from helmets

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Why does the fact that players might put a cross on their helmets upset you so much? Is it really that big of a deal?

    This is taking pettiness to new levels.
    Is it such a big deal to NOT wear them? It's entertainment, not church.

    I already explained about peer pressure. I care about those who don't want to go along with it but have to because the rest of the team is. Not repeating myself again

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •