Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 476

Thread: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

  1. #181
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Are ISL 'civilians'?
    Invariably some will be, arguably all will be, definitions deciding the latter.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  2. #182
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,653

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    To me, Islam is just as ridiculous and any other religion. To each their own.

    I view ISIS as being as much Islamic and I view Westboro Baptist being as much Christian.

    Granted, they are apples and poisoned oranges. Not the same at all except they both use "religion," to validate their despicable actions.

    I wonder how many people have died in the name of these "peaceful," religions. Some say religion is the "opiate of the masses." I consider them to be cancers.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Invariably some will be, arguably all will be, definitions deciding the latter.
    So you don't know?

  4. #184
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You can go back to the original posts and respond to them again, fair enough? Otherwise you are reading things that aren't there, and we know it.
    I only ask for you to clarify if that was what you meant? If it wasn't, then ok.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  5. #185
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yet he became president, not once, but twice. And he has been a Christian for 2-3 decades. Or was the guy that just beheaded a woman in London, who had converted to Muslim five years ago, really still a Christian, or whatever he had been prior to his conversion?
    Obama is living proof that we get the government we deserve.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    To me, Islam is just as ridiculous and any other religion. To each their own.

    I view ISIS as being as much Islamic and I view Westboro Baptist being as much Christian.

    Granted, they are apples and poisoned oranges. Not the same at all except they both use "religion," to validate their despicable actions.

    I wonder how many people have died in the name of these "peaceful," religions. Some say religion is the "opiate of the masses." I consider them to be cancers.
    The same is true of political movements as well. They often have a ruthless, or Messianic, leader with similar promises to those of religions in order to inspire their followers.

    I'll go along with whatever religious or political movement which says 'live and let live', though the 'do unto others...' is excellent as well.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I only ask for you to clarify if that was what you meant? If it wasn't, then ok.
    I questioned why some would deflect from the topic of "ISIL is not Islam" to that of Christianity. Do you have a plausible and honest theory on why that might be?

  8. #188
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,653

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The same is true of political movements as well. They often have a ruthless, or Messianic, leader with similar promises to those of religions in order to inspire their followers.

    I'll go along with whatever religious or political movement which says 'live and let live', though the 'do unto others...' is excellent as well.
    I'll second that.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #189
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    403

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    His point was that Muslims wouldn't kill Muslims based on their religion if they believed the same thing.

    ISIS claims to be Islamic but their beliefs are obviously warped outside of normalcy for the religion. The religion has 1.6 billion members and clearly they're not all following the same radical agenda of ISIS. Obama is just pointing that out. Were his comments precise? Maybe not, but describing it in the necessary detail to be precise would likely have bored most viewers and would have lost their attention.

  10. #190
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Obama is living proof that we get the government we deserve.
    Well I suppose all the governments we've had we deserved then.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •