Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 476

Thread: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

  1. #101
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,202

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    They ARE very 'Christian'. they are fundamentalist extremists, not unlike the Muslim fundamentalist extremists. The big differences of course being 1-They arent beheading people, 2-They dont have liberals tripping over themselves to distance them from Christianity (in fact, usually it is quite the opposite).
    They have decent people of any poltical stripe trying to distance them from Christianity. Nice try to blame this on liberals, which is kind of like you unfortunately.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    At one point in time it was. If you go back 150-200 years, that kind of racist mindset was extremely common in Christianity, much of American slavery was built on Christian theology. Today? Not so much. But then again, we've had the moderating influence of secular society in the west that has largely neutered that kind of religious fanaticism, something the Middle East has yet to experience.
    In fact it was Christian theology which helped end slavery, but perhaps we should focus on what many Muslims are up to today.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    They have decent people of any poltical stripe trying to distance them from Christianity. Nice try to blame this on liberals, which is kind of like you unfortunately.
    It is 'liberals' who are trying to deflect from the fact that ISL is Islamic by bringing in another religion. Why is that? Is it anther of those 'they all do it' arguments and, if so, what's the point?

  4. #104
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    this iis just epic fail all over it.

    they are islamic because they follow islam. so yes they are an islamic group.
    they are not different than the taliban or hamas or any other islamic terrorist group.

    they still follow islam.
    Ultimately this all gets reduced down to who is empowered to define something. Do we allow a group of rebels to define themselves and their relationship to a billion other humans or do we retain control over their narrative just as we intend to control peace in the region?
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,403

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Oh NIMBY. Dont' be such a drama queen. You don't have to do battle. Live, love and laugh. It's much, much better for you. And besides, ISIS is Islamic in origen - or did you think they got their inspiration from Jerry Falwell?
    Just like the Klu Klux Clan is Christian in origin. Do you think they represent Christians or did they get their inspiration from the Koran?

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,403

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In fact it was Christian theology which helped end slavery, but perhaps we should focus on what many Muslims are up to today.
    And it was Christian theology that inspired the Klu Klux clan too.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Just like the Klu Klux Clan is Christian in origin. Do you think they represent Christians or did they get their inspiration from the Koran?
    The KKK were not Christian in origin, the were racist in origin.

  8. #108
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    And what of today? What is it with you people (and by that, I mean blind supporters of Islam being a religion of peace) in needing to dredge up history in order to support your stance. Keep in mind, all you are doing is defeating your own argument. This isn't a question of which religion is better than another, it's about which religion is the greater threat to innocent lives in the world today. By bringing up examples like that, you only show that Christianity has moved passed those stances.
    Look as a Christian, I am not a big fan of Islam...or Buddhism...or Hinduism. But that is base on their beliefs. But to say that their faith is built on hate is nonsense. Please show me in the Islamic doctrine that they are a religion of hate.

    And lets make a few things clear. religion is a man made entity. through out history, wars and movements have been declared in the name of God. Regardless if it is today or 500 years ago, innocent blood has been spilled in the name of Christianity. But the core principle of Christianity is still intact because of our doctrine (the Bible) represent peace.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The KKK were not Christian in origin, the were racist in origin.
    They were Christian racist in origin.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: "ISIL Is Not Islamic"

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    And it was Christian theology that inspired the Klu Klux clan too.
    No, it was not. But, even if it were, what is your point in deflecting from the topic of "ISIL Is Not Islamic" when it is clear it is? Mohammed was quite clear on the subject.

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •