Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

    Congress honestly has nothing better to do?

    What's next?

    'Congress investigates NFL cheerleaders - are they underpaid'?

    'Congress investigates colas - which is better, Coke or Pepsi'?

    'Congress investigates the new Apple Watch - why is there no 'i' in front of 'Watch'?


    Btw, my answers are yes, Coke and I have no idea...respectively.
    Last edited by DA60; 09-11-14 at 05:06 AM.

  2. #12
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

    Anyone can type up a quick memo to make it look like these morons are doing SOMETHING.

    Obama sucks, but he's exponentially more useful than Congress.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #13
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,757

    Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

    I don't get the outrage on the NFL and Roger Goodell. The criminal justice system didn't punish Ray Rice at all, so it's the NFL's job to punish him! I don't get that thinking. Where's the outrage on the prosecutors and judge for doing nothing? And the prosecutors and judge definitely saw the tape.

  4. #14
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,307

    Re: Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Reminds me when people 'turned their heads' at Penn St when that coach was molesting boys.

    That took down alot of people.
    Actually there's minimal correlation here.

    Penn State continued to employ a man who was molesting boys in their facilities, and they intentionally covered it up and did not report it to the authorities, which was their responsibility.

    The NFL suspended Rice after he went through the justice system. If they did in fact receive the video as the AP said they did, it was still after Rice had already been indicted, pled out, and served the punishment the justice system imposed on him.

  5. #15
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,307

    Re: Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I don't get the outrage on the NFL and Roger Goodell. The criminal justice system didn't punish Ray Rice at all, so it's the NFL's job to punish him! I don't get that thinking. Where's the outrage on the prosecutors and judge for doing nothing? And the prosecutors and judge definitely saw the tape.
    Thank you. That's what I've been posting repeatedly.

  6. #16
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,307

    Re: Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The best part of all this, is that the Democrats have the gall to complain about Republicans being, "obstructionists".

    Is this REALLY the only thing congressional Dems have to do?!?
    Apparently so. Why worry about ISIS when you can worry about the NFL. I'm waiting for Harry Reid to head to the Senate floor and start making demands of the NFL now. ISIS can wait.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,047

    Re: Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Actually there's minimal correlation here.

    Penn State continued to employ a man who was molesting boys in their facilities, and they intentionally covered it up and did not report it to the authorities, which was their responsibility.

    The NFL suspended Rice after he went through the justice system. If they did in fact receive the video as the AP said they did, it was still after Rice had already been indicted, pled out, and served the punishment the justice system imposed on him.
    I do see them as wrong, and hypocritical if they didnt get rid of him as soon as the cops decided not to charge him (which I dont understand) but I still think that getting rid of him is the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #18
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,307

    Re: Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I do see them as wrong, and hypocritical if they didnt get rid of him as soon as the cops decided not to charge him (which I dont understand) but I still think that getting rid of him is the right thing to do.
    The cops did charge Rice. Assault. The Atlantic City PD arrested him.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,047

    Re: Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The cops did charge Rice. Assault. The Atlantic City PD arrested him.
    I just read that elsewhere...and he got a slap on the hand. That is just astounding. And disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Congress probes NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Ray Rice case

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Anyone can type up a quick memo to make it look like these morons are doing SOMETHING.

    Obama sucks, but he's exponentially more useful than Congress.
    I prefer Congress. It doesn't do anything. Obama, unfortunately does things. I don't want government doing any more. I want it to do a lot less.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •